IMDb > "National Geographic Explorer" (1985) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"National Geographic Explorer"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

Very well done and some AMAZING computer graphics.

Author: toddsquadxyz from United States
12 June 2006

Wow. What a great documentary. The CG (computer graphics) is worthy of a Hollywood blockbusters. Just very well put together and entertaining. Congratulations on such wonderful work. From the producing to the rendering this is just brilliantly put together. If you have any interest in submarines, then this show is for you. I hope they put it out on DVD. I would be interested in seeing the research that went in to it. Also, I'd like to see the production pipeline that created the wonderful CG images. I think this idea should be pursued in serial form. Of all the documentaries from Nat Geo I think this is one of the best.

Twenty-five years of National Geographic Explorer.

Author: TxMike from Houston, Tx, USA, Earth
23 December 2011

I grew up in the 1950s. My dad didn't travel much beyond the deep south where we lived, but he loved the mysteries of the world. It was he who introduced me to National Geographic, the magazine.

I admit I have not watched many of the National Geographic Explorer episodes, but just finished watching the "25 Years" special, a 90-minute film. It of course touches on many of the highlights of the 25 years from its inception in 1985 through 2010.

This particular program ends with the haunting photo of the Afghan girl that made the National Geographic cover, and the search in the 21st century to try to find her. Which they eventually do, now with a family.

All in all a very fine 90-minute special, worth a look.