IMDb > Simply Irresistible (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Simply Irresistible

Simply Irresistible More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 20: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

guilty pleasure

Author: carter_oliver from charlotte, nc
24 April 2002

fun, silly movie for a weekend day. i really enjoy serious, intelligent, engaging movies - none of which this one was, but i still love it. i love the crab and my husband (who hates hollywood movies) always knows what i mean when i say 'the crab movie' - he even smiles when i say it - definitely a guilty pleasure.

Magical Movie

Author: jamiexh from Bayonne, New Jersey
2 April 2002

The movies story line was very cute and the special effects (though limited) are pretty cool. The movie had good performances by all the actors. The movie however leaves you with questions concerning the plot. Who was Gene O' Riliy? What was the source of the magic? What is the crab's role in the film? These questions to me were left unanswered and hopefully will be answered if they ever make a sequal.

What Were They Thinking?

Author: Matador07 from United States
1 March 2002

A winning performance by Sarah Michelle Gellar saves this film from being an utter disaster, and perhaps opens the door for her to take another shot at the romantic comedy genre in the future. But I do have to question her judgment in accepting this role -- any movie which depends on a magic lobster as its key plot device should send up more than a few red flags. To call it "contrived" would be perhaps too great a compliment...how about just "dumb"?

done in by sheer predictability

Author: Real Critic
25 January 2002

Gellar is a struggling chef trying to keep her mother's failing restaurant open when the insane antics of a magical crab turn her into a sensation. Meanwhile sparks begin to fly with businessman Flannery. The characters are likable and the strange story is pleasant enough, but it's so predictable that you wonder if they even had to write a script. The magical mumbo jumbo is only a mild diversion. 2/4

Extremely enjoyable!

Author: x-lander from Fairfax, Virginia
24 November 2001

An extremely enjoyable romance that calls to mind the romantic comedies of the 1950's. Gellar and Flannery have a good chemistry together and really shine in this story. The supporting cast was also very good and complement the story well. This is a great film to watch with your significant other while cuddling.

I love the CRAB!

Author: moonspangler from CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
9 March 2001

The ultimate highlight of this movie was seeing the crab. He pinches people yet it's charming in it's own way. Even if he is not real, and a bit cheesy, "you gotta love 'im!" Sure, Tom was very good looking in his little buissness suits and Amanda was a cutie in her flower dress but the crab stole the show. You just can't help laugh when the little guy does his dance and wiggles his fake eyes you. You just can't resist smiling at him in his tux at the end of the movie!

What is this?

Author: marcelloazolino from Brasilia, Brazil
11 February 2001

I watch this movie in the cinema and was terrible mistake!Thi is the worste movie that I ever seen.It's so boring and idiot that I couldn't stand.Firs I thought that was going to be a cool romantic comedy, but the film starts to show people fliyng , a lobster singing and jumping with a hat.It's a completely waste of time!Please don't watche!

Cute!

Author: pursenut from Midwest USA
24 January 2001

Does every movie have to be a Titanic to be entertaining? I don't think so. This movie is cute. It's adorable. There's magic, and you don't know how or why. You can't tell if it's really happening to them or just in their minds because they're in love. Sometimes it's good to see something that's a little magical and a lot about the positive side of love. I agree that this would be a good movie for kids, to teach them that love doesn't have to be cruel and abusive...it can be magical and have a happy ending. If you liked Cinderella, you'll like this one too!

Movie for hopeless romantics

Author: spyder84 from USA
22 January 2001

If anybody is a hopeless romantic like me then you will love this movie. A great love story with plenty of laughs. Even though the first time I saw it I was a little bit stand-offish but I love it now. I can see all the great scenes and lines that are delivered. Sarah Gellar is a great actress who didn't get the good credit she deserved for this movie. I hope people will realize what a great movie this actually is.

Easily Irresistible

Author: Mike (sutcal) from Melbourne Australia
29 December 2000

Unfortunately this is not what I consider a good movie.

I don't quite see the purpose of the movie. The plot was thin, predictable and right from the outset was unrealistic. A magic Crab (not sure what the crab was supposed to be). The usual happy ending occurs and in between is 1.5 hrs of silly storyine and shallow characters.

Avoid it as its not worth the effort