IMDb > "Young Hearts" (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Young Hearts" More at IMDbPro »"Malhação" (original title)

It walked along with me during my adolescence.

Author: Elaine Santos from Mars
20 October 2001

I was fourteen when I watched "Malhação" premiere, in 1995. It was all about a bunch of teens that worked out at the same gym. "Fitness" and everything related (like gyms) were a new scenario in brazilian society, and the writers knew how to explore it. However, the stories became boring, and "Malhação" knew its first cast change. Now, "Malhação" takes place in a high school (former gym), and the stories are more solid and realistic.

After ups and downs in audience's choice, and always giving opportunity for hundreds of young actors, "Malhação" is still my favorite TV series in Brazil.

Brazilian teenagers series

Author: Flavio Velame from Brasilia, Brazil
22 December 2003

Malhacao is probably one of the longest series of Brazilian TV. Globo TV is thinking about finishing it all the time, but they didn't find a substitute. The fact is that "Malhacao" is good. In the beginning, the plot was all the day at the gym. That would seems extremely boring, but it was a hit. The crew kept changing all the time, substituting young actors by younger ones. That is some kind of "acting academy". I should say that it works pretty well. It gave opportunity to a lot of new artists. There are some older to give the balance, but 80% of the crew is average 18. The writers are trying to give some interesting topics of discussions, like abortion, AIDS, drugs, alcohol and parents-relatives relationships. And they are doing it in an interesting way of stimulating debates.

Malhação Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: Dppkjz from Belo Horizonte, Brazil
30 July 2004

Malhação is the best TV show in Brazil!!!I watch it everyday and each episode is better than the other one.At first, 1995-1999 is was an academy and it had lots of different characters.Ronaldinho and Bon Jovi have already been there! 8) Now, from 2000 to these days, the academy has been changed to a High-School called "Múltipla escolha".I prefer when it was an academy but the school is fine for me.The boring thing is that there is always the good guy and the perfect girl that must be together and there is someone really bad that wants to mess their relationship up.This will never change, but it's fun anyway.I always laugh when i watch it.There are some characters that are really, really funny!Cabeção is one of them.You should watch this show.Here in Brazil it airs at Globo, Monday to Friday.The bad thing is that it last only half an hour. :(