IMDb > Hell Mountain (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Hell Mountain More at IMDbPro »

Loved it

Author: Arctica from England
29 March 2001

Heck, I thought it was great - one of the most erotic films I've ever come across. I mean, you don't rent something like this for the plot, do you? The whole concept - of nubile young women working as rock miners in the most ridiculously impractical (i.e. revealing) outfits - was brilliant. I sure as hell wasn't rooting for Jack Scalia's rescue team. Please bear in mind that in England, where 'the real thing' is not to be found in video stores, this is generally as 'adult' as it gets. Having said that, I'd rather see this movie than any hardcore flick - this was far more erotic. The director and I seem to share a very similar taste in camera angles! And the hosing-down scene was awesome.

Incidentally, this movie was known in England as "Chained Heat 3: The Horror of Hell Mountain". A sequel/remake has just come out on video: "Chained Heat 2001", which I believe is known in the States as "Rage of the Innocents". It's even worse than this one (in terms of quality film-making) and re-uses a fair bit of footage from "Hell Mountain". Having said that, if you like one you'll like the other.

Cheap Sexploitation

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
28 December 2006

In an apocalyptical future, the world is completely destroyed and ruled by the tyrannical Stryker (Andrew McIlroy). He controls the unique source of food and uses young women as slaves to explore the mines in the Hell Mountain. When he abducts Shira (Nicole Nieth), her lover Kal (Bentley Mitchum) meets with the last professor on earth, Garrett (Jack Scalia), who helps him to rescue Shira.

I believe that a moron wrote the silly and absurd story and the screenplay of this crap, actually a cheap sexploitation. The dialogs are terrible and every scene is a motive to have sex or to show breasts, butts or naked woman. The acting is awful, highlighting the "stunning" ham actor Bentley Mitchum and his inexpressively face. At least, most of the actresses have beautiful bodies, and the viewer does not need to pay attention to their "acting". Do not waste your time or money with this garbage. My vote is three.

Title (Brazil): "Prisioneiras do Inferno" ("Prisoners of Hell")

Fails on all levels

Author: gridoon
11 May 2007

"Horror of Hell Mountain" wants to be:

A) A soft-core sex film

B) A women-in-prison film

C) An action film

D) A post-apocalyptic film

It fails on all levels, because:

A) The tone is too depressing - there is one tasteful love scene at the very beginning, the rest is a total turn-off

B) Only two of the prisoners seem to matter as characters - all the rest are treated as pieces of meat - and even one of them is ignored at the end!

C) It's cheap - check out the fake computer explosions at the end

D) It's shot in the Czech Republic, and that's it - there is no other effort to create a post-apocalyptic world.

Even seeing Sarah Douglas doesn't help much - partly because she's beginning to look her age here and partly because it's sad to witness her huge fall from "Superman II" to a film like this. (*)

Welcome to my movie restaurant!!

Author: anxietyresister from United Kingdom
3 November 2007

Hi there! I'll be your waiter today. Want to stare at girls in the flimsiest of prison costumes with while doing hot, sweaty manual labour?! Then step this way, sir! We also have lesbian threesomes, bare backed whipping and even a bit of S and M for your viewing pleasure too. All contained in this lovely, sticky eastern European pudding, which is so cheap so even the riff-raff can afford it! Unfortunately, in order to cut back on expenses, we've had to forgo certain other non-essential ingredients. This includes, but by means is limited to: a screenplay, decent actors, a convincing set and non-repetitive music. Well, that's what you pay your money for, sir.

To make it an even more tantalising dish, we've also linked it to the infamous Chained Heat series, you know... the ultimate in ladies behind bars films. Even though it has absolutely no tie in with those flicks, it was a last minute decision made by our marketing people to rake in extra cash from all those gullible horndogs out there. Crafty, eh? You might say we're tried to mislead you, but as long as you get your quota of nudity and we get your dollars, who gives a monkeys?! That's right sir... that'll be $9.99 then, including the copy of Mary Poppins you also ordered. Something for now, and something for later on when the kids are in bed eh! NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK... Suits you sir!! (Fast Show references to fade out...) 0/10

Not worth it

Author: Reaper-2 from South Africa, Somewhere in the bush
15 July 1999

Never have I seen a movie where sex was used to drag the film out for as long as possible.The acting was terrible...and...well I can't think of anything else to say without resorting to profanity.

If you want plot watch something else. If you want an adult film and you're too shy to get a proper one then this is for you.

A hard working WPF

Author: sbyrd2000 from United States
2 August 2009

My buddies and I are always talking about how all women's prison films are the same. You know, the lesbian warden, the shower scenes and random acts of female humiliation. This is a bad movie, but it sure worked hard at being something more. A WPF with a love story is quite rare. Set in the future where there seems to be a shortage of shower facilities, this movie has a lot of forced inspection and clothes changing scenes instead. There is a hosing down scene that would qualify as epic. There is an above average whipping scene. I would add this to your WPF library as evidence the genre can still expand. I was able to get through this thing without great pain just to see where it would go. The women are attractive and the manual labor scenes are appealing. Working so hard in a rock mine with skimpy outfits would surely lead to many nipple injuries. I don't know what the producers paid to get the Chained Heat 3 subtitle, but I am glad they did. I don't think I would have purchased it without it. I would not put this movie in the "so bad it's good" category, but I would put it in the "whoh-what the hell was that" category.

There is a sequel to the movie and not a Chained Heat Series

Author: imperialintelligence
15 February 2006

This is no doubt an excellent movie, but if those who watched the film would know it was to fast paced and never showed the story of what was happening in the mine. I found the "sequel" and is not part of the Chained Heat Series but the sequel is Bound Heat Chained Rage. Without it you do not get the whole story.

The other thing Bound Heat Caged Rage is about the thriving for power. Whie only one wanted freedom. You need Bound Heat Chained Rage. Then you will have a better appreciation of this film. And, you will see it is not part of the Chained Heat Series.

The reason why I believe it got linked was to appeal to the US Audience since it deals with White Slavery and not at all with prison in this post apocalyptic world. And, White Slavery is a very sensitive subject which most movies try avoiding.

I highly suggest you watch Bound Heat Chained Rage and you will fully understand this movie. Since it is fast paced and the studio at least kept the movie fast paced and was easy to watch and understand without Bound Heat Chained Rage getting in the way.

But, both endings are extremely different and the only difference is they kept Bound Heat Chained Rage have small sequences from Hell Mountain and kept both movies fast paced. With little interruption. This is one of the best sequence of films I have seen.

But, Chained Heat 3 Hell Mountain by no means after seeing Bound Heat Chained Rage a Chained Heat Series.

Hello girls! Wanna make a movie, he-he

Author: Sailor-18 from Interzone
19 December 1998

Well the name, Hell mountain, was a cool name I thought, and after reading the story in the the papers I decided to tape it, bad mistake! After watching it for about 5 minutes I realised that 3 of the minutes had been sex scenes, strange, but ok this might work out good, it didn't. The unmotivated sex and nudity happened more often and the cheap action I was hoping for collapsed under the strength of semi-naked (ugly) girls, and the post-catastrophe action movie turned into a pathetic soft core film.

But if you are really tired (or drunk), then you might laugh at the priceless actors (specially the couple in latex).