IMDb > The World Is Not Enough (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The World Is Not Enough

The World Is Not Enough More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 69: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Hot action with minimal body count

Author: br1ght from Near Buffalo, NY
2 February 2000

The world Is Not Enough is a hot action movie with minimal gore and no explicit sex. Pierce Brosnan's portrayal of 007 was excellent. The plot was one of the most believable 007 plots ever written. Definitely a 10 for those who like Spy/Action movies.

excellent drama/espionage film

Author: Stuart Sinclair from Auckland, New Zealand
4 January 2000

I really enjoyed this film for the drama and Action involved in the film. Pierce Brosnan was his usual superb self as was Judi Dench who is always good value. i have no hesitation in recommending this film to anyone who enjoys action Movies

Bond strikes back!

Author: Alexandre Vernaye from Paris, France
2 January 2000

After TND's deception, Bond is back for one of the best opus of the series since the Sean Connery Era. Brosnan is at the top, as dashing as ever, Marceau as Elektra is a very good surprise, Q is as good as ever. Morover, the film is very funny due to John Cleese as R and there are a lot more innuendos than in TND and in GoldenEye (the final sentence is the best one). The gadgets are all very impressive, from the Q-boat (in one of the most thrilling pre-generic of the series) to the X-glasses (I want the same!!) and, of course, the BMW Z8. Weak points: the scenario is very complex and I had to see the film 3 times to wholly understand it, Denise Richards as Christmas Jones is an absolute bimbo (Bond says she's a 'turkey'...). But these are very minor parts. I'll only have four words : go and see it!

One of my favorite bond's.

Author: moviebuf-49 from Las Vegas, Nevada
31 December 1999

This is probably my 1st favorite bond movie it has everything cool action,good looking girls,cool gadgets and a pretty cool villian.

The opening sequence was one of my favorite scenes in a james bond movie not to mention the opening credits and the theme song was pretty good to.

Bond fans are going to love this movie after all it does live up to be the best bond there is.

Must see for Bond fanatics

Author: jb007_98 (21261779@3web.net) from Edmonton, Alberta Canada
16 December 1999

This is my first favorate Bond flick bumping down "Licence to Kill" to a close second. It has a strong cast, great gagets thanks to Q, and some very sexy and very smart Bond women. This Bond movie just like "Licence to Kill" shows Bonds darker side, which if you have seen all the other movies he rarely does. The action in this Bond movie is the best I have seen in years. Bronsan really takes over from where Sean Connery left off, Even with the line "Martini, Shaken not stirred"

My highest expectations weren't enough!

Author: Kyle Mares (hellboy) from Highland, California
19 November 1999

Because this film exceeded them. Far better than the action romp of Tomorrow Never Dies, this is more on par with the relatively leisurely and plot-focused Goldeneye. I don't know who they could find to replace Pierce Brosnan, who makes the film work for being a conflicted man of action, quick to think and quicker to act and the rest of the cast is superb. The action and dialogue make you gasp and laugh, right when you should. Any worries that the Bond franchise is dying should be quashed, as this more than lives up to the history. Fantastic entertainment from a great film!

An exciting thriller

Author: JLW from San Jose
19 November 1999

The film starts out with an excellent boat chase, but after that, things start to fall down. Pierce Brosnan returns as Bond in his best one yet. The film ends with a disappointing climax but the film was awesome.

I would probably rate this 3 out of 4 stars

A Modern Classic!

Author: Alec Trevelyan
14 August 2002

In the Bond series, each actor that has stayed on for three or more films, has had number three be one of their best entries. For Connery it was Goldfinger, Moore and The Spy Who Loved Me. Brosnan (like Connery) had his best entry, GoldenEye, before number three. And with GoldenEye being the first Bond I ever saw, it was near impossible to top it in my opinion. But with TWINE's bold plot twists and great character insight, it in the end was hard to say. What makes TWINE so good, well it is not just an action adventure, it has a great spy plot with a thriller emoitional subplot. It affects how 007 treats his mission and what he does in it. Brosnan in my opinion IS James Bond, and while has been the best since GoldenEye, he really perfects his portryal in TWINE. Brosnan really sinks into the role here, blending all the Bond elements required to give a perfect perfromance as Bond. And with a great supporting cast, including the series first female villian, this movie is one of the best. And while Densie Richards (soo hot!!) and the way the plot is twisted around slightly drops it from Dethroning GoldenEye as the best Bond film, this is a true modern classic and a film that once agian continues the Brosnan Bond tradition of excellence!

The Best Brosnan Bond film.

Author: Tony DeCaro (Aldo-9) from Spokane, Washington
2 September 2000

After seeing TND, I was seriously considering not seeing this one, but since it was a Bond film, and I'm a Bond fan, I saw it.

Warning, My analysis may contain some Spoilers.

It is simply put, the best Bond film since Licence to Kill. I love the direction Pierce is taking the character, Bond is supposed to be a cold blooded assassain. The pre-credits sequence does go on a bit long, but its pure Bond all the way. After falling from the ballon Bond actaully hurts himself, and this affects him throughout the rest of the film(a nice touch). Many people complain about Renard and his lack of screentime, that would be a valid argument, IF HE WAS THE VILLIAN! Elecktra King is the villain and the first female villian the Bond series has had.

Now heres what I did'nt like:

Even after slowing the pace down from the last one, the film still feels a bit rushed. Bond never takes the time to eat food, or gamble.

The series still has'nt retained that travelogue feel either, the last film to achieve that was FYEO way back in '81.

Now if the producers can keep this up and really try with the next film, I think Bond 20, released in 2003(yes, we have to wait a bit longer for the next one) is going to be a really groundbreaking film. Thanks to this one, I can look forward to the next one with the knowledge that Bond is going back to its roots.

Best Bond Movie Ever Made!

Author: Me-134 from Gold Coast, Australia
27 January 2000

WARNING SPOILERS!!!!

This has got to be the best Bond movie ever. It starts with a perfect pre-title sequence set in a bankers office in Bilbao, Spain with Bond getting some money or something (the movie has a complicated plot - you will need to watch the movie several times to understand it fully). Bond disposes of the bankers and then to escape makes a thrilling jump out of the window. Just this would have made a great opening but they then go back to London to give you more. And what we get is fantastic- the villain from the bankers office (cigar girl) blows up a section of the MI6 building (killing Robert King, some rich guy involved in oil). Bond then chases her in a fantastic little boat down the River Thames before ending up at the Millenium Dome. Cigar girl jumps into a hot air balloon and Bond grabs on to a rope dangling from it. Cigar girl blows herself up and the balloon leaving Bond to fall down on to the top of the MD and dislocating his collar bone. The main titles are disapointing. It has a perfect song by GARBAGE but the graphics are bad - girls covered in oil dancing in front of weird colours that look like a kailodoscope (hope I spelt that right). It's not exactly a great turn on. The rest of the movie is great except for one problem. It takes too long to get into the next action sequence. The ski chase is very disappointing for a Bond movie and by the time you get to the next one, a whole hour has nearly gone buy. Other than that the movie is brilliant. The villains are great. Although people have been complaining about Renard not being a great villain, they have been judging him wrong. He is only a henchman, like Oddjob or Jaws. Elektra King is the main villain (played brilliantly by Sophie Marcaue) and she is a great character, unusual to see a character so complex as her in a bond movie. I can't wait till the next one, hopefully they will film in Australia with Sean Connery as the villain.