« Prev | 14 of 59 Episodes | Next »

Great Kids' Movie and Fun for Adults, Too

Author: Ogden Knight from United States
4 July 1999

If you are expecting a masterpiece, the title of this one tells you to look elsewhere. But if you are looking for some good, clean, fun with an unbelievable plot, look no further. The willing suspension of disbelief is important if you want to enjoy this film, but afterall, which of us doesn't have a little boy in us that still wants to be a professional football player someday? This film gives us the chance to see it happening to a deserving guy--a garbageman, nonetheless. The movie also has a lot of fun moments, like when the kicker gets to room with the biggest lineman on the team. And while it is not Aesop fare, there is a lesson to be learned here, too--that putting our dreams and opportunities in front of all else that is dear to us can be costly. If you like movies about football, this one is a cute story that is reminiscent of Disney's 1976 film "Gus" about a field-goal kicking mule. This just brings the story into a more human perspective. The kids will love it.

Can be summed up in four words: Greatest Movie Ever Made

Author: steve-575 from pa
3 November 2000

A movie about a garbage man (Tony Danza) who gets hit on the head and becomes a field goal kicking sensation for the Philadelphia Eagles. With a plot like this, can you expect anything less than the greatest movie ever made? This movie has it all: superb acting, comedy, drama, suspense, great action sequences, and a megastar in Tony Danza. What else can I say for you to realize that this is the GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME. Forget "The Godfather" and Citizen Kane. They don't even compare to this movie. *************** out of ********** (15 stars out of 10)

This is to football movies what "Raging Bull" is to boxing movies!!!! The only bummer is that since it aired on television and was not released in theaters, it was disqualified from Oscar consideration. Go rent this classic now!

Tony Danza is wasted in this movie!

Author: (crazy_man@mindless.com) from Toronto
14 July 2000

We all love Tony Danza, and here we see him once again carrying his fellow cast members to the end of a project. Gil Filar is especially irritating as "Little Joe Jr." Tony Danza's character (I think his name is "Tony" something) is hit on the head by a can full of garbage by Leon his co-worker (played by a young Walter Matthau) and suddenly becomes a field-goal kicking machine. Whoever wrote the script is a jackass, but Danza makes it shine!