Broly is back!!!

Author: jake-law123 from United States
5 August 2010

The second installment to the Broly series reprises the second coming of the Legendary Super Saiyan. Its time to continue the fight for the start of the legendary super saiyan rebirth. This one includes a lot more humor, less intensity, but still keeps the DBZ feeling, and name.

Its been seven years since the fight with Broly, with Goku in the Otherworld, and Trunks, Goten, Gohan, and Videl on a search for the Dragon Balls. They encounter a village under attack by a monster, and soon learn who the monster is. Broly becomes resurrected, and takes on all four on his own.

Although short, this film is quite epic, as well as funny. It is rather ridiculous at times though, like when Trunks pees on Broly's face. Its mostly just child play humor with Goten and Trunks, but when Gohan enters the battle, it gets really intense. Has awesome music, just like the first one, and gives us exactly what we expected. The Legendary super saiyan fighting against Gohan, for the fate of the universe. The way he's defeated is pretty decent, and the fighting scenes make the movie seem longer.

In conclusion, its well made and continues the Broly series on a high note!

Broly's Back...

Author: gigan-92 from United States
19 April 2010

Oh Jesus, the Legendary Super Saiyan is back, and stronger than ever. Apparently at the end of the first film Broly's body wasn't completely destroyed; although that appears to be what we clearly saw. Whatever...

Any who, Broly has returned and has now arrived on Earth. Once he is freed (due to Goten's crying), he displays an even higher power than last time. This probably due to the fact that when a saiyan recovers from a near death injury they gain a tremendous power-up. Goku's fist tearing through his stomach likely fitted into that category. Amazingly enough, he appears to have power that is now beyond a super saiyan two's, seeing as Gohan could barely stand against him during their fight. To some disappointment, Broly has gone insane to some extent, his only dialogue other than "Kakarot" being "I will not stop until you lie dead at my feet." Other than that Broly is just as menacing as he was in the first film. But this film is far shorter and neither Piccolo nor Vegeta get a second chance at the Legendary Super Saiyan, what?!! Instead the story relies on Trunks, Videl and Goten to fuel the action. A more or less bad decision.

Less actual rock but an excellent ending leaves with me the decision to give this one an overall good review for the most part.

Good movie

Author: Maarten Amkreutz from Holland
11 November 2003

DBZ Movie 10: Dangerous Partners! Super Warriors never rest

The movie is set at the time when Goku is still dead and Gohan has fallen in love with Videl. Goten and Trunks go looking for the Dragonballs together with Videl. However, during their search they bump into one of Goku's most feared and powerful enemies: Brolly, the Legendary Super Saiyan. It was believed he died at the end of Movie 8, but somehow he survived and now he's come to earth for revenge. Goten and Trunks, with the help of Gohan, must take on the monstrously powerful Brolly. But can they win without Goku's help?

Overall, the movie is pretty good. Lots of action combined with a some good humor. Brolly is one of the greatest DBZ villains of all time, with his brute strength and quest for vengeance which has led him to insanity. The way Brolly is ultimately defeated is one of the coolest ever seen... The movie has it's downs, but is one of the better nonetheless.

(Oh, and don't worry about Brolly being gone for good. He returns for the last time in movie 11.....)

Great Comedy... kinda lacking everything else.

Author: lucas-42 from Texas
10 December 2002

It's a funny movie with Trunks and Goten running around looking for the Dragon Balls just because Videl wants to see it. The movie seems kinda dull though. Not much of a storyline. Brolli is back, and unfortunately he doesn't really belong here. The storyline makes sense, but it's not really a great reason to bring Brolli back. He has no place here now. He is just a villian they needed to help get some jokes across. The fighting doesn't REALLY begin until Gohan shows up to save those two kids butts from big bad brolli. However, Brolli is still very very powerful. It takes a combined effort of THREE Kame Hame Ha's to defeat him. That's the best part of the movie. ..... there is a funny surprise in there too. Look for it. You'll know it when you see it. Can anyone say, Mr. Piccolo!

Poor humor, a shallow story and a boring fight.

Author: Fake Name from Inthemiddleof, Nowhere
14 June 2005

WARNING! THIS COMMENT CONTAINS MANY SPOILERS. In my opinion the movie is simply awful compared to the last movie where Broly appeared in. I am a hardcore Dragonball Z fan, but this movie was boring to me. The storyline was(to me at least)in no way interesting and Broly seemed to be a horrible amount weaker and not very ferocious compared to the 8th movie so the fights were not very exciting. When a Dragonball Z fan knows that The Legendary Super Saiya-jin (who Broly just happens to be)is appearing in a movie he/she will probably be expecting to see a good fight. Not Broly chasing after a couple of kids for half the movie, only to be defeated (while he was in his FULLY powered up form) by only 3 FIRST level super saiya-jins combined powers. What happened to the Broly that could effortlessly destroy a planet? I find it hard to believe that this is the same guy who was pulverizing the south galaxy. But a bad comment or two won't stop a real fan from watching this movie. I truly hope that you like it more than I did.

Not much to improve upon

Author: kakarott55 from Baton Rouge, LA
16 October 2001

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** I've been a fan of DBZ for some time and I've developed my likes and dislikes like everyone else. I enjoy the fighting scenes and humor but sometimes the plot leaves something to be desired. One thing I can't stand sometimes is that the characters always use the dragonballs in the aftermath of a battle but never to help with the battle, but if they did then the fighting wouldn't be as good(oh well). This movie features my favorite villain, Brolly, and he is seriously tough as usual. I enjoy the humor that Trunks and Goten bring and seeing Gohan grown up is cool. If you are any kind of DBZ fan then check this out now. If you like any anime then I also recommend this movie. NOW FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE. SERIOUS PLOT SPOILER: It was kind of old stuff with Brolly, I admit, but damn he's cool. For some strange reason he couldn't think or say anything not about kakarot. If Brolly had to meet his end I'm glad the writers decided to use the dragonballs to beat him and not any specific character. It was a cool ending with the family all firing at the same time and throwing Brolly in to the sun. Whether or not Goku was really there, or he was an image to inspire Gohan and Goten is up to us to decide. I think Goku was and image that Shenron made and Shenron also weakened Brolly and that's why his blasts had no effect after Goku showed up. I think I might be dissecting it too much but that's what's fun about these types of endings in movies.

Broly returns, just do not expect the super fight he had in his previous movie.

Author: Aaron1375
25 July 2010

This Dragonball Z movie was a bit weak. They return one of the best movie villains up to that point in Broly and proceed to waste him. He would sort of reappear later in another movie, but it was not the real Broly there only a clone so I am willing to forgive his weakness a bit in that one. This one features the young Trunks and Goten as they along with Videl are searching for the Dragonballs. So right away you are stuck with basically all newer characters instead of the ones we really enjoy (no Vegeta sorry to say). Well Broly appears and proceeds to track down Goten and Trunks as Goten's crying reminds him of Kakorot's which really ticks Broly off. Well Gohan soon appears and though at this point he has the power to go Super Saiyan 2 he instead stays level one. Why you ask? Perhaps because they make Broly so weak in this one that he does not need to ramp up his power for the fight in this one. This raging mass of hatred for Goku, reduced to an easily dispatched foe really kind of sucks. Another thing that is bad here is that the first movie featuring Broly could actually be referred to as a movie as it had a decent run time and so could develop a rather good plot. No such luck here as there almost is no plot, way to much comedy and a weak fight. Its like the makers are saying "Remember that great fight in the first film? Well here we are not going to make it quite as intense". It is not all bad as I enjoyed the appearance of the one Z fighter, but overall this one was just weak.