IMDb > Os Trapalhões na Terra dos Monstros (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Interesting and Surreal entry in "Os Trapalhões" series.

Author: Master Gomorrah (akio@quintiliano.zzn.com) from Sao Paulo, Brasil
10 March 2003

The story is somewhat interesting, if cheesy. Didi, Dedé, Mussum and Zacarias get lost in a cave on another planet, and meet some bizarre, all be lovely monsters.

Unlike the "Land of Oz" spoof the Trapalhões did, "Os Trapalhões na Terra dos Monstros" does not tend to be an environmental statement tacked out with unintentional humor being more funny than the actual humor itself. It's just traditional comedy like most their movies and tv series.

Mussim, Zacarias, R.I.P!!!

For Children

Author: maringa from São Paulo
22 February 1999

Well, I watched it when I was a child.... I liked it... but for you, Raging Bull, Amadeus, Schindler's List fans, I don't think it will fit. But for little children, who really want to spend some time for fun, it's a perfect program. Para a Criançada!

Not so good

Author: Ricardo-36 from São Paulo, Brazil
26 March 1999

The Trapalhoes is a very old brazilian comic group, that made a lot of movies in the 70's and 80's. They never had a good plot in their movies, but they didn't care. This movie is for 7, maybe 8 years-old kids (I watched it back in 1989, when I was 7 years old). The story is not so good, Didi, Dedé, Mussum and Zacarias get lost in a cave, and meet some strange looking but lovely monsters. Watch this movie to remember Zacarias (died in 1990) and Mussum (died in 1994). If you are no brazilian, don't bother trying to watch this...