IMDb > Saratoga Summer (1995) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Saratoga Summer (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A story about a little girl who buys a race horse

Author: ksutton-2 from United States
23 January 2006

Saratoga Summer is renamed "A Horse for Danny". It came out when I was little, and I had to wait until I was older to understand it fully. The story itself is about an 11-year-old girl named Danny, who wins a dice throw for a small horse with incredible bloodlines. While Danny is confident in her horse's-Tom Thumb-abilities, there are plenty of others who don't believe the horse has what it takes to win in the high stakes world of racing.

Personally, I like the movie. It's funny how it's laid out, including how 11 year old Danny watches over trainers' shoulders to collect data of racehorses, and then gives the information Moody, a man who takes unofficial bets from gamblers outside of the track. Danny seems to wander on her own a lot. And the plot does not lack villains, who help to enhance the feeling of the competitive racing world.

Overall, the movie is good, not great. No legendary, will-be-talked-about years to come here. Happy-ending, good hearted story about a girl, her horse, and how they win with the odds against them.

looking for a copy

Author: zbbzz55 from United States
5 September 2006

I'd like to find a copy of a made for TV movie called Saratoga Summer.. it was filmed in Henderson Kentucky ,I had races horses in the movie .. My copy has disappeared and would like to buy another. Maybe someone knows where i can find one or maybe 2 .my email address is zbbzz@55Aol.com i'm trying to cover the one thousand words i'm trying very hard to get there i'm hoping soon i will complete this task because i'm not a very fast or talented typist wow i thought i'd soon reach my goal..You know its hard for a simple man to come up with enough lines to comply with the guidelines.. come on you mean i have to count the words and letters..