Fight Club (1999) Poster

(1999)

3,137 Reviews
When Anything Has Been Possible
cinemajesty15 February 2018
Movie Review: "Fight Club" (1999)

At a time with young, striving director David Fincher, at age 36, bringing out the dead as the living alike with a personal, yet novel-adaptation-filtered, take on ultimate questions on the human condition, comes "Fight Club" to late to make waves at the international box office, going under as a highly-regarded, highly-revisited and highly-respected cinematic piece of art, when the main characters of just being "The Narrator" and his hit-and-run close-to-lazy, but downward-life-embracing friend Tyler Durden, up to ultra-narcisstic heights in motion picture history portrayed by actor Brad Pitt in its prime, when counterpart, fresh out of "American History X" boot-camping productions Edward Norton, keep close encounters with the enternal feminine performing character Marla Singer, here brought to justice by actress Helena Bonham Carter, when the high-end Hollywood budget embracing adaptation of Chuck Palahniuk's book of 1996, which so famously filtered the parents-estranged "Generation X", when today's "Generation Y" catched the awareness of being more then just white-trash junk-pushing anarchists to the point-of-no-return; so then "Fight Club" must succeed as full-orchestra-playing, from camera-motion digital-extension-initiative cinematography by Jeff Cronenworth to finalizing kaleidoscopish montage sequence-editorials by endless-threads-cutter James Haygood, believed to be an alterego of director David Fincher himself; a cinematic masterpiece for everyone to discover in retrospective of Hollywood production season 1998/1999, when film-making directors had been put into place of vision by endeavoring producers as Arnon Milchan, Joel Silver and "8mm" (1999) producing Gavin Polone & Joel Schumacher, to the state of "anything is possible".

© 2018 Felix Alexander Dausend (Cinemajesty Entertainments LLC)
Fight Club
tropatmp212 February 2018
Fight Club is a cult classic, an absolutely brilliant and unexpectedly good movie with a great plot twist. Definitely my favorite movie of all time.
Not overrated
drewby1189 February 2018
I had this film constantly discussed around me growing up. "It's the best film ever made!" "It's an overrated piece of trash!" Around three years ago i finally saw Fight Club, and i can say with certainty, it is not overrated. You need to watch this film. It's a masterpiece in cinema history.
Choose Life.
aliyev_valiko7 February 2018
Insipired movie from David Fincher. This film changed many people's lives. And still continues..
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Amazing movie and such a great twist
y-624766 February 2018
This movie blew me away I've seen it so many times and it hits you when you realize the twist it gets you thinking.
Simply peerless!
ikursatkilic26 January 2018
Actually theres a lot to say about this movie but i cut it short, just watch it!!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
THE WORST movie i have ever sat through
parko-8871026 January 2018
Took the time out of my day to leave some feedback. I should have walked out of this movie in the first 10 minutes. THE WORST i've ever seen. 2 hours of my life i will never get back.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Breaking the First Rule of Flight Club with this rating...
mjimenez079022 January 2018
By talking about Fight Club I'm ultimately breaking the first rule.. but here it goes. I'm not a fan of rules anyway. This movie is clever, funny and philosophical. I love movies that leave me thinking long after the credits have stopped. This is definitely one of my favorite films. Brilliant movie and cast.
The best film
gabor-varkonyi22 January 2018
The best film I have ever seen. It is my favourite movie.
The Best Film Ever
worldcupfinal22 January 2018
This movie is truly a masterpiece.The Story narrated is in several layers which makes it more interestng
BS!
rrahman-3718621 January 2018
I could give it a nothing if there was an option. I rate it a single star because the story and the whole movie have not impressed me at all. Disgusting!
Great movie
alexlolol15 January 2018
I'd love to talk about it properly, but sadly I am not able to because of the first rule of Fight Club.
still awesome
randallc-7806015 January 2018
Still awesome, best thing about this movie is how watching it now thinking, wow kids now-a-days are so pathetic, they would probably boycott it!
best of the best
arolsevimli13 January 2018
Fight club is Best movie for all time I saw this quite a long time ago and i think it was exceptionally brilliant. We think a movie can have certain limitations on its effect and direction but this movie shows you how awesome and well-directed a movie can be. This movie is about male aggression, not just aggression, it is a wrong word, it shows how much non-alive we are. So a guy starts fight club to have some sort of aliveness in a person. He is a visionary man, tyler durden, who has a plan and an entirely different approach to the modern generation. What follows is a roller coaster ride and a one which you wont possibly forgot till you die.

The acting is brilliant and so are the one liners.Even before the ending you are tightly gripped by this movie and i assure you at the end you will be overly surprised. According to me this has one of the most unexpected endings and a moral message i have seen in a movie. You have to watch this 10/10
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A film that will be studied for a mellenia
ericmwallace12 January 2018
The subtle yet in your face message about consumerism and conformity plays an interesting and compelling game that will stand the test of time.
The Best
egeaygit11 January 2018
One of my favorite movies; especially given the date it has been produced.
Very important movie
hamzaduihi11 January 2018
Fight Club is one of the most unique films I have ever seen
Wait what?
oliverwmbt30 December 2017
So many wait "what moments", you can watch and rewatch it again and again. Pitt and Norton are epicly cool while HBC uses sex appeal, couple this with an underlying ideology that will make you think twice before buying that new flat pack wardrobe and it doesn't get much better.
Mind blowing master piece
hakimito26 December 2017
This film is a great mind trick master piece . The focus on the details is exceptio Al he cinematography and shots are so smartly taken and the angels are perfect. Wonderful just wonderful.
You will be shook!
Mcammarata9819 December 2017
This has to be one of my favorite films of all time. Everything from the plot to the dialogue to the grimy scenery is on point to set the tone and make the film whole. The first time I watched it I was so taken by the ending and the big reveal of who Tyler really is I felt like I had to watch the whole film all over again right then just to process it all. My second time watching it I was able to pick up on the foreshadowing and blurred lines between Tyler and Jack. Every time I was it it is just as exciting as the first.

The visuals of this film created by the characters and scenery really make the audience feel both disgusted and comfortable at the same time. The characters are irresistible with their quick wit and flaws that make the viewer feel comfortable in their world. The whole theme of the movie "you are not what you own" makes the viewer reevaluate their life-and possibly want burn down their apartment to move to an old abandoned house!

Overall this is a must see and easily a favorite.
EPIC
ltbanana19 December 2017
I am speechless.this movie must see all the world an maybe have mind to understand.
tyler_durden
filmbagimlisi18 December 2017
This movie my point of view change.movie that change my life.
Fight for true civilization
thisanant11 December 2017
This ain't a movie . It is a religion , it is a sermon on the mountain , it is a pop song . Most suited for hippies and hipsters though , not for everyone , I am afraid . The Disney fans should really need to avoid it . This movie makes you see the world in a different way and you may not like it .
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Unfortunate film, as it ties change and the status quo to the definition of evolution without the mutual connection being an excusable double standard
marieltrokan5 December 2017
Change which is the absence of reason as the means to evolution is sameness which is reason as the means to evolution. Sameness which is reason as the means to evolution is the reason of no change as the means to evolution.

The means to perfection, is by the reason of no change. The reason of no change is that no change isn't worthy - the reason of no change is not the same as no change not being worthy.

The reason of no change is no change being worthy. The reason of no change is the same as change being unworthy - change being unworthy is the same as "no change isn't worthy" (change being worthy").

The means to perfection, in Fight Club, is the problem of the reason of no change being motivated by both the worthiness of change and the unworthiness of change.

The reason of no change is being treated as something which has the power to be a friend to change and an enemy to change. Change is being treated by the movie as something which has the ability to induce ill-feeling toward it and positive feeling toward it. The movie wants it both ways.

Fight Club (1999) is a particularly unfortunate case, because with its story being about political revolution it means that the technical weakness that it possesses paradoxically deserves more scrutiny
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Classic? Are You Sure?
john mitchell28 November 2017
David Fincher is a great director, Alex McDowell is a truly innovative production designer and Chuck Palahniuk is a good writer, so, when the two came together, we knew that there was no way that the product of their collaboration would be bad. In fact, it seems most people are of the opinion that it is very nearly a work of genius, and, while it's true that, in places, Fight Club does occupy that territory, it's not genius in its entirety. Let me explain.

Fight Club starts off well as a well- observed satire on masculinity and machismo, but, then, in its last third, for some strange reason, any sense of humour is abandoned and the film starts to advocate what it was taking a swipe at. This change of tone and unevenness is unfortunately too distracting for me and, consequently, I'm afraid I can't see Fight Club as an absolute classic.