IMDb > Fight Club (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Fight Club More at IMDbPro »

Page 12 of 288: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [Next]

Author: deonduke
8 March 2015

While I may appear to have multiple personalities, rest assured there is only one me. Excellent portrayal by both parties. I think it is unfair for Brad Pitt to try and play me again in the upcoming #Anonymous movie. How many people failed to notice the Brad Pitt picture splices the first time? Who heard the rumors of a part 2? I believe it is simply a graphic novel with no intentions of it ever hitting the big screen so to speak. The real part 2 would be an Occupy or Anonymous movie, where they try to bring this film to our reality. I have seen this film so many times, only lived it once. I have to keep writing but the only thing I have to say is it was splendid. I am going to destroy something beautiful today in it's honor.

Powerful performances and strong ideas

Author: CinematicEddy from Brazil
18 February 2015

I am a fan of David Fincher and his powerful direction, an though the first half of the movie is spectacular, things didn't work out for me in the rest of the movie.

An insomniac man finds trouble fitting in society, until he meets a man called Tyler Durden, very well played by Brad Pitt, they will end up creating fight club, that quickly evolves into something much more "grand".

The film is brutal, in a good way, is intense, is funny, and is compelled to make you like it, it worked, but my problem with it is the pacing, it constantly changes, and it doesn't work every time, the screenplay is in constant changes, that didn't work for me, I will assume it worked better in the comics.

Anyway 'Fight Club' is still worth watching it, the performances are fantastic and David Fincher's direction is always great.

Stunning to the Very End!

Author: HenriYoki from Finland
16 February 2015

This is a wonderful interpretation of the mind characterized by a Schizophrenia. To one's amazement, this is only discovered in the end. Suspecting what is reality and what is not, will carry one all the way to the end. And once there, one wants to see it again. The society critical message and its solution is a really one out of the box. This is a great unique film that stands out. All the violence in the film makes first can make one sick, but then watching it again to really understand what is going on makes one's head even more dizzy. The film is not for the faint hearted, but will deliver a fracture of reality, well catered, to the sharp spectator's enjoyment. I recommend!

Author: Star Tarik from India
12 February 2015

This film really exceeded my expectations. As well as being well acted, with a great script and storyline, it's got a good sense of humor and doesn't take itself too seriously. Perhaps because of this, the serious bits really have a lot of impact. It's a film that men and women will probably enjoy equally, which is too rare in my opinion. Brad Pitt proves again that he's not just a pretty face, and Edward Norton's performance is great. I even managed to get over my usual hatred of Helena Bonham Carter! Far far better than American Psycho, which has some similarities. The narrator blacks out after the conversation. When he wakes, he discovers from his telephone log that Tyler made calls during his blackout. He uncovers Tyler's plans to erase debt by destroying buildings that contain credit card companies' records. The narrator tries to contact the police but finds that the officers are members of the Project. He attempts to disarm explosives in a building, but Tyler subdues him and moves him to the upper floor. The narrator, held by Tyler at gunpoint, realizes that in sharing the same body with Tyler, he himself is actually holding the gun. He fires it into his mouth, shooting through the cheek without killing himself. Tyler collapses with an exit wound to the back of his head, and the narrator stops mentally projecting him. Afterward, Project Mayhem members bring a kidnapped Marla to him, believing him to be Tyler, and leave them alone. The explosives detonate, collapsing the buildings, and the narrator and Marla watch the scene, holding hands.

Rebel but How?

Author: TheNihalGursoyOfficial from United States
11 February 2015

When looking at the general message of this film, its really saying something. It is a sort of reminder to the middle class that they are being used and have no revolution anymore. But that's it. Its only a reminder and the film is not suggesting what the middle class should do about it because the things done in the film are ridiculous and definitely not a solution. However, this does not make the film a bad one. A film's job is not to show people what to do. At least thats what I think. This film entertains us with its own solution and also surprises us throughout. The acting, filming, and narration are all fit together for the purpose. Some scenes are too long but other than that the movie is a lot of fun to watch on the whole.

I Look Around, I Look Around, I See A Lot Of New Reviews For This Classic!

Author: CinemaClown from India
5 January 2015

I look around, I look around, I see a lot of reviews for this classic. Which means a lot of people have been breaking the first two rules of Fight Club.

Now if you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned.

Author: Djuan Ballinger from United States
27 October 2014

This was a good movie. I recommend everyone to see it Great actors I would like to see a sequel I love martial art movies Great storyline I loved it The movie couldn't have been better I recommend it to the martial artist Awesome. I don't want to spoil the movie plot or story line but if you are a martial arts lover or have any type of interest in it, I think this is one movie that's for you. How many martial arts or fighting movies leave an impact like this this one?! Off hand, besides this one I couldn't tell you off the bat. But a film like this definitely with great actors, good story, climax, and resolution is a box office hit that everyone will enjoy from youth to adults if you're looking for an action packed film.

Impossible premise makes a Pop movie for young male adults!

Author: Dr_Sagan from the Edge of the Cosmos
24 October 2014

First rule (and second too) of the Fight Club is "You do not talk about Fight Club"!, but the Fight Clubs keeps getting bigger and bigger! So how this can be possible???

Anyway that's just one of the B.S. that this movie feeds you, from the beginning to the end. And there are countless!!

When you know the "surprise" ending and try watching the movie again to see if any details in some scenes can give it away, you end-up empty handed! The movie does not take care this aspect of the plot at all.

****ENDING SPOILER STARTS: For example Norton's alter-ego Pitt takes a serious beating and his face is totally messed up. Next day though Norton went to his job to see his boss and his face is perfectly OK before he pretends to take another beating in his boss's office. If Norton/Pitt took the beating the day before and went to his boss already beat up, his little trick wouldn't do him any good. ****ENDING SPOILER ENDS****

My point is, that this movie is not well thought, like, for example, 6th sense ,where the ending is in accordance with all the scenes previously seen in the movie.

But, if not to take it seriously, this movie is fun somehow, and pop. Addressed obviously to young males.

Overall: Stick it to the man!

A depressed, lonely, man meets the charismatic Tyler Durden. Together, they start a therapeutic club where people can beat the hell out of each other. Fight Club.

Author: Ryanbarnett123 from United States
18 October 2014

When Fight Club was released in 1999, it was critically panned by critics. This remains a mystery to me. Perhaps they did not understand the subtle and dark implications this film has to offer. Perhaps they did not appreciate the eerie and dark tone. Maybe it was the dark comedy that they didn't take into account. Fight Club remains one of my favorite movies for those three reasons and many more. Fincher created a hysterically dark yet emotionally powerful masterpiece that has very little equals. I could go on about the fantastic, career defining performances by just about every single person in this film, or I could go on about the brilliant and thought- provoking third act, ended beautifully by the intentionally incomplete ending, but I'm sure you've heard it all before. Fight Club is a love it or hate it film. It's one that should be watched multiple times for an adequate experience, and it's one that you should keep a topic of conversation for years to come. Fight club demands your attention.

Finchers,Nortons and Pitts Best!

Author: KalKenobi83 from Denver, Colorado
14 October 2014

Watched Fight Club Oscar Nominee Edward Norton(American History X ) as Jack The Narrator . Also Starred Helena Bonham-Carter(Sweet Revenge) as Marla Singer and Starring Brad Pitt (Legends Of The Fall ) as Tyler Durden. There has been some controversy about the violence in this film but it is not gratuitous violence, it is part of the story and serves it well. It is much less than what you would see in your average Hollywood blockbuster. This is actually an insightful film although this film is much more in your face about it's message. If you are squeamish, you may not want to see it. There are some very painful bloody scenes, but if you can stomach it, then check it out. There is also a huge twist in this film that almost rivals the twist at the end of The Sixth Sense. And I must admit, it is the twist in this film that made me really love it. The best audience for this film is men in their 20's or 30's, but anyone that can appreciate film as a modern art should like it. One of the best films of 1999. Also Amazing Production design by Alex McDowell(The Crow), Costume Design By Michael Kaplan(Blade Runner) and Direction By David Fincher(Se7en) Truly His Best Film also we do not talk about this review 9/10