IMDb > "Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings
Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

it only got better with time..

Author: maggagie1
14 October 2003

Upon reading the last post put on here totally trashing this very funny show, I had to make a post. Well I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 33 and we both find the show entertaining and funny, so let's not automatically assume that only teenagers like this show, plus that's insulting to teenagers in implying that they are stupid, and anyone over the age of 15 is stupid if they like this show. Ok, may be it's not quite "move over Seinfeld classic", but the cast is talented, and they had some extremely funny episodes. At first, to be perfectly honest I didn't really like this show, but I gave it another chance and ended up totally loving it. And it only got better, as the series went on and more charcters were brought in (ie. Germ, Irene, Johnny), it became funnier. Funnier stories and interesting little episodes, such as the "silent-no dialogue episode", and the episode that was narrated entirely in song, and all of the Halloween ones. I never saw Friends take the risks that this very funny show took.

A sad, sad loss.

Author: Alex Hall (alexhall_84@hotmail.com) from London, England
5 February 2002

That this show was cancelled is a television crime of the first degree.

I can count on the fingers of one hand how many sitcoms have the same perfectly balanced character layout and genius comedy timing that this show has. Unfortuantely I would need more fingers than I currently own to count the number of sitcoms that are as funny and well timed as a bad car accident that have had longer runs (ie Friends, Third Rock, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, ect).

I must also stand up and salute Ryan Reynolds for being the best and funniest actor to come out of American network TV in many, many years.

Your initial reaction to this show is almost certainly going to be "Oh, God, not another rip off from 'Friends'. Don't let first impressions fool you, because Peter Dunville and Michael Bergen are funnier than Joey and Chandler will ever be. Traylor Howard manages to put up with stiff competition as well, as Sharon is the most beliveable female character in a sitcom in recent years.

If, in 10 years time, the staff writers of 'Friends' are walking around with signs around there neck saying 'Will write pilot for food' they can take a good look at TGAAG to see were they went wrong. Instead of having the old fashioned (and unfunny) 'What-if-two-of-the-main-characters-hook-up-after-three-seasons-of-sexual-te nsion' routine, the writers went for the novel idea of drafting in some new regulars to act as foils for the original three. Cue the "Two Girls and a Guy" trio of Ashley, Irene and Johnny. And a better balance of characters you could not hope to find. Where you have the cold hearted, snake tounged Ashley, you have the kindly, naive Pete. Where you have the cool headed Johnny, you have the hyperactive Sharon. Where you have the silly, stuttery Irene, you have the quick wittedness of Berg. All you have to then is think up good storylines and your made. Aren't you?

Er...no. Two Guys and A Girl sadly succumbed to the network mantra of: "This is good, lets cancel it." Full of good intentions, no sinister effort to cash in on anyone's misery. Just a story about some people living out there lives. Oh well.

At least we've still got quality sitcoms like um....Frie- no that sucks, er.....Drew Ca- no that sucks too. Well there's always....no, what about.....nah. We can always watch..............um.

Oh crap.

One of the funniest sit-coms ever

Author: la-31 from Los Angeles, United States
25 September 2005

This was one of the funniest sit-coms ever, and it's a shame that it had low ratings. Both the writing and acting were top rate. I usually hate TV sit coms. The actors tend to over do it, and most stories are trite, ie, been there, done that. But Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place was always innovatively funny, and, I think, very genuine for the age group it was portraying. This show is much better than 'Friends' because TGAGPP was so over the top, but it still had this sweetness to it. It's difficult to explain unless you've seen it. The key to its success are the three main characters, especially Berg and Pete, who were so wacky, but not overdone. But even Johnny, Sharon's boyfriend was a great element in the whole mix. And all the actors were perfect. I truly miss this show. I highly recommend it.

Two Guys, a Girl, and one heck of a show

Author: Kacey from Texas
10 February 2003

I love sitcoms. But I was skeptical about this one because of the odd title. You see long goofy titles in a lot of the worst shows, but this is an exception. I just loved Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place. The storylines were some of the best I have seen in sitcoms in a while. Ryan Reynolds shines as the doofy but adorable Berg. He's just so comedic in a good way. Plus he will make most girls smile when they see him. Same goes for Richard Ruccolo who plays Pete. Pete is a romantic with an edgy side. He's funny too. And charming. And just a great catch. Traylor Howard is Sharon, the girl of the title. She is just a perfect lead for this show. She's spunky, zany, and cute. What a perfect female lead. Most of the characters on this show are enjoyable, and the plots are always A+.

One of the best shows on tv

Author: anonymous
11 June 1999

This is probably the best show on tv. Everything from the writing to the acting is great.

Traylor, Ryan and Richard are perfectly cast as Sharon, Berg and Pete and they all have a special chemistry that really comes across on screen.

This show has certain similarities with Seinfeld and Friends but the difference with 2 Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place it is so down to earth that the 3 actors make it funny instead of relying on a lot of celebrity cameos.

Awesome!!

Author: TruThang from Cambridge, England
23 March 2003

At first I had no interest in watching this because of the lame title. In fact, today that's the only bad thing I have to say about the show. I don't really understand what the situation is with Two Guys and a Girl in the US but as a UK viewer I get to see this through Trouble. They were showing a triple bill and that was all I needed for this to instantly become on my favourite shows! It's amazing how orginal the gags and plots are. I hear hilarious lines on this show that I haven't heard anywhere else. The only character that's ever annoyed me is Irene when she had a crush on Pete, but every main character is awesome nonetheless. Especially Pete and Berg, who remind of the old Joey and Chandler. The settings are fantastic, especially when they're all involved in something together. The Halloween specials rock! I wish to see a lot more of Two Guys and a Girl. I would agree that this is the most underated show out there. Highly recommended for everybody.

Fox suck!! It's fab!

Author: BunnyPhobic from London, England
6 May 2004

They seem incapable of hanging on to decent shows. They wouldn't know a good thing if it came along and bit them in the....

It's fantastic! The Cast are brilliant, the writers are brilliant, the production team is brilliant!!! It has me in stitches all the time. I love the Halloween episodes. Actually, I love them all! I must have seen every one at least twice but I still love it. Should've gone on for longer, but as mentioned earlier, Fox suck....

Ok, I don't have any more to say but I need at least 10 lines to post the comment! So, er... It rules!! Everyone go and watch repeats!!! hehe! I want DVDs! Grrr....

One of the best!

Author: Asen Filipov from Sofia, Bulgaria
19 May 2007

This was one of the best shows I have seen on TV. The actors were really good and the writers were brilliant.I can't count the number of times I almost fell of my chair while watching Two Guys And A Girl.It's very sad that they canceled it :'( .By the way the last episode was kind a silly.They could have made another were everybody chooses a different path like in Friends. I think in some ways Two Guys And A Girl is better than Friends and I can't understand why Friends got 10 seasons and Two Guys And A Girl only 4.It's just not fair.I want to thanks every single one who worked in that show and it will not be the same without you!

This show was the best sitcom

Author: nightspd from United States
18 October 2006

The network sucks for canceling this great show. They left us hanging and we never found out what happened with Pete and Ashley, Sharon and Johnny, or Berg and Irene. Incidentally Jillian Bach, her character Irene was SOO adorable. What a cutie, so great to watch her wackiness on the tube. The show may have been canceled, but I wonder if anyone ever considered the idea of a spin off, or maybe a reunion show. Look what happened with Family Guy, such a fan outcry when they canceled it that it became the first show to EVER return to the air after being canceled in the history of television. I can't wait for this show to come out on DVD, but I really wish somehow I could go back in time and keep then from canceling it..or at least putting together a reunion show. Good shows like this don't deserve to just DIE!.

One of the Best....

Author: annomy from KSA
12 July 2003

I loved this show. The characters were very alive and harmonicly mixed. There was so much comedy and jokes that made me angry for canceling the show.

Pete and Ashley's sarcastic remarks are the best. They made me watch each episode at least twice. Ryan Reynolds was great as Berg, I had a chance to see him in Van Wilder also and he didn't let me down.

I don't think that I will ever see a sitcom like that EVER. Thinking that it's canceled now just makes me sad.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]