IMDb > Johnny Mysto: Boy Wizard (1997) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Johnny Mysto: Boy Wizard (V) More at IMDbPro »

Fun fantasy for the whole family!

Author: Hattrick-2 from Hartford, CT USA
7 July 1999

It is a fairly well done movie that mixes present day and medieval adventure with a fair mix of Arthurian legend. A few cute touches thrown in will keep you entertained. It is best aimed at kids or kids at heart.

"Well, that certainly sucked"

Author: Pippin's Diamond from Middle-Earth
17 July 2000

Those were the words of a friend of mine as soon as this movie was over. But I can't completely agree with him. The film was decently entertaining, and if you're bored and have nothing else to watch, it's a good way to pass the time.

The direction is nothing special, in fact, I found the action scenes being very lackluster. The plot is nothing new. The acting is decent. But it's actually the atmosphere that is my major problem with this movie. It seems like a product of the 80's, when in fact it was made in 1996! It doesn't manage to escape the run-of-the-mill "fantasy" look. It doesn't manage to look different or special, and that was a real disappointment for me.

Kids will like it, but I doubt anybody else would want to watch it more than once if it's not part of their childhood memories.

Sucks

Author: Matthew Kennedy from Baltimore
22 August 2000

There some movies you just can't comment on. So just trust me, when i say it sucks, it sucks.

And not just sucks a little It sucks a lot