IMDb > "Body Language" (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Body Language" More at IMDbPro »

Charades, anyone?

Author: Spider-Lou from Bristol, CT
31 March 2002

A cute afternoon game show, where everyone does charades for words that fit into a puzzle. Maybe it was a charades ripoff, but I enjoyed it a whole lot. When I watched this first air, it was when coming home for lunch from school. When I once saw it on the Game Show Network, I kind of felt sorry for the c-list celebrities who had to perform these stunts. But at least it looked like they were having fun too.

It would be nice to have the return of the game show, especially one as good as this one. We do have reality shows though, don't we? Stuff like "The Apprentice" would be a joke during the time Body Language was original.

A Wonderful, Underrated Show

Author: BobinAtlantiCity (BobinAtlantiCity@yahoo.com) from Atlantic City, NJ
28 August 2002

"Body Language" was a great show, filled with lots of fun and big money ($10,000 wasn't bad in the mid-80s). The excellent Tom Kennedy was at his usual best, just as he was on "Name That Tune" and "Password Plus." The game also showcased the popular stars like Charles Nelson Reilly, Betty White, Jamie Farr, Vicki Lawrence, and even Lucille Ball. All in all, a wonderful show that never got the credit it deserved.

A television cross between Charades and Fill-In-The Blank Puzzles

Author: alex m gershman from New York, NY
25 February 1999

Contestants were paired with celebrities, and players took turns acting out a series of words... After 60 seconds of charades, those word correctly identified were placed into a fill-in-the-blank puzzle... The guesser then had to identify the thing described in the fill-in-the-blank puzzle... If the guesser could not do this, a member of the opposing team was allowed to reveal one of the remaining blanks, and make a guess... This continued until the puzzle was correctly identified. Rounds were worth 100 and 250 points each, with 500 points winning a match. In the bonus round, the contestant was given 60 seconds to identify 10 words (acted by the celebrity partner), and received $100 for each correct word. In addition, they were then given 20 seconds to identify 3 additional words. If all three words were identified, the contestant received 10x the amount won in the previous round, for a possible total of $10,000.