IMDb > Green Eggs and Hamlet (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Green Eggs and Hamlet More at IMDbPro »

Wacky and Fun.

Author: Cara-8 from California
28 January 1999

"Green Eggs and Hamlet" is like the title suggests--wild, wacky, and fun. The writing and acting are much better than you would expect from a version of Hamlet as Dr. Seuss might have written it. Let's just say you won't believe it till you see it.

Watch This Movie with a Dr. It will leave you in stitches . . .

Author: Archie R. Whitehill from Norfolk, VA USA
8 September 2002

For a low-budget film, Green Eggs and Hamlet cast and crew deserve accolades. Few movies have entertained me so. Few movies are so imaginative regarding a subject that has been done, and done and done, and .. .

The actors are largely amateurs, to my understanding, and so are the crew. Yet, they put together a film that every student of English literature, particularly those teaching it, should watch. SamIamlet's inclusion is brilliant. Heck, and I hope this isn't considered a spoiler, even the credits were a blast to watch.

We need more movies like this to just sit back and howl at, and to share with friends. There are few movies that I buy, and this is one of them.

Great presentation of an otherwise difficult read.

Author: mike_1305 from United States
1 June 2006

We watched this in my Senior English class after reading the play and viewing the Mel Gibson version of the movie. Of course our teacher was there to help us out step by step along the way with the book so we would know what was going on, this version made it easy to follow the plot with the funny lines and good character acting. My teacher said it was created by a group of UCLA (I forget which college, Southern California though) for a school project. A great video to watch especially after the long Mel Gibson over-acting marathon. ;-) It follows the text very well and has surprisingly good costumes and settings for being a college student project.