IMDb > The Matrix (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Matrix

The Matrix More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 371: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Good Designed Movie

Author: AtharavRaj Yadav from India
18 April 2017

What is the Matrix? Well, one of the best films ever, for one thing... 3 March 2001 by Strongmen – See all my reviews The Matrix...when I first heard about it, I expected just another sci- phi action thriller. Good and filled with insane stunts, but not terribly intelligent. but not terribly intelligent.

Coolest Bible evaa

Author: christophegiraud from Paris
18 April 2017

Matrix is a cool reference to the Bible, Neo not being the saviour, actually it's the robot dude agent smith who makes shi* happen. Unlimited references to the bible, name of characters, numbers on plates etc.

You can check the hidden meaning of this movie here: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=ETlQqHAaY_k Or read my own Re-writing the Bible with God post on my blog chrisfinds.blog.

Enjoy

Very good movie with deep meaning

Author: Kosolapov (ivan63syzran@gmail.com) from Samara, Russia
17 April 2017

The movie "The Matrix" (which was written by The Wachowski Brothers) was shot in 1999 in USA. The film's genre is a science fiction thriller. The main theme of this film (in my opinion) is the exposure of a reality that is terrible for a usual man: the world in which people live is only an illusion created by a supercomputer, and people are just sources of energy necessary for a supercomputer's work. The plot (very briefly): a young programmer and hacker Thomas Anderson (Neo) learns that the whole world in which he lives is an illusion created by artificial intelligence to enslave humanity, and that only Thomas is able to stop it, because he is "The Chosen One". For this, he is trained in martial arts under the guidance of his patron — Morpheus. Neo must fight with the "agents" of the Matrix — a kind of security programs. As a result, Neo defeats agents led by Agent Smith and tells people that he will show them that they live in reality live in a world without borders, and soars up into the sky. In leading roles: Keanu Reeves as Thomas A. Anderson / Neo, Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, Carrie-Anne Moss as Trinity, Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith. As you know, the success of the film depends, among other things, on the actors' play, on their ability to convey the emotions experienced by their characters well to the viewer. An excellent game of a well-chosen cast allows you to immerse yourself in the atmosphere of this film to the end and feel the main idea: people do not need to live in a limited world that kills creative potential in a person; first of all, a person needs freedom for happiness... The film made a strong impression on me, making me think about what I had never thought before: how is modern man free in making key decisions in his life? Is it really possible to call a person's choice easy in any situation? Thoughts on this topic led me to the main conclusion: many decisions in modern society are taken under the pressure of various compelling circumstances. It is necessary to reduce such circumstances to a minimum, thus ensuring maximum freedom of choice. This will be the first step on the road to happiness. I think this is the most important thing that I brought out of watching the movie "The Matrix".

Mr. Anderson...

Author: donaldricco from United States
16 April 2017

Just super cool, even today! Love the way both Fishburne and Weaving talk! Super cool! And the scene of Neo and Trinity in the lobby where Morpheus is being held is awesome! I'm also a big fan of the Oracle, the actress just totally owns that role! I could, and will, watch this again and again!

Best movie of all times

Author: eliasyilo from Germany
12 April 2017

The Matrix is simply in my humble opinion, the best movie of all times. Taking aside the fact of the awesome fights and special effects. The matrix depicts the essence of our existence. It is though needed to have a sharp eye to realize the real meaning of the movie and the huge spiritual background. Please take your time to watch the trilogy and analyse it yourself.

Awesome Movie despite what Critics say!

Author: Dale Carrington (dcmoviereview)
6 April 2017

The Matrix, Will always be on the my top movies list to always re-watch for many years. We get to see a character evolve from the beginning to the end. It also has other deeper meanings that many do not stop to realize them. It can be compared to Blade Runner, with the futuristic and technology advancement.

One for the Books...

Author: Robert Vanleeuwen (Robert96757@gmail.com) from United States
31 March 2017

This action packed thriller takes a step above most when it offers a unique perception on the meaning of life. Portraying the most fundamental questions of our reality in a way that is, shall we say, augmented. The chosen one here being you, the limitations in life your own. It highlights that disconnection we have between what we're taught and what it is we experience. Though I'm not one for the overly unrealistic choreographed fight scenes, any action lover is sure to enjoy them, and what of it; when the plot is so deepened through this subliminal context. So is there more to life than what we see? the powers that be? our own intuition or the life we lead? Maybe its time to find out...

worth a third viewing

Author: Julius Light from Raftel
26 March 2017

Rewatching films is like rereading books -- only certain ones can be re-watched or reread, those that have a particular quality about them that may not necessarily be one of high caliber but is so resonant to the mind and heart that it just has to be experienced once more. For example, the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini (high fantasy book series) has many flaws and emulations of other works (i.e. The Lord of the Rings), but has many aspects to it that I really enjoy and love and thus want to see with my own eyes again and again. I've read Eragon six times.

The Matrix is one of the handful of films that I've willingly taken the time to see again. I love how almost the entire film is overlaid with a green tinge. I love the high-octane soundtrack. I love the entire premise of the Matrix. It blows your mind. This is one of those realities that may very well be truth and not fiction. I love the fight sequences. I love the panache of the black getup and sunglasses. I love Keanu Reeves's bad acting.

If you haven't seen The Matrix, then where have you been. Do not be dormant and vegetative in a translucent chamber filled with some unknown life-supporting liquid. Do not be like the majority of the world, oblivious to what they are truly capable of. Do not limit yourself to your reality.

The greatest science fiction film of all time

Author: Paul (mansur19889@yandex.com)
22 March 2017

Despite having some minor flaws, Matrix is the Godfather of Sci-Fi. Breathtaking action and special effects make this film a must for sci-fans. More action than Terminator 2 and Die Hard. I believe The Matrix is the greatest science fiction film of all time. But as an action film it loses to Terminator 2.

A Magnificent masterpiece!

Author: alicia bell from Singapore
18 March 2017

The first and only movie i ever watched back to back to date! Why i am calling this a masterpiece is for two reasons. One: The concept and script blew my mind. In a good way of course. There are so many dimensions to this concept that you can take, grasp and comprehend in so many levels, metaphorically and literally. On one hand i grasped this concept literally. The dystopian narrative which we all have already seen in movies alike; rise of the machines and war between mankind and human beings. Metaphorically speaking, the concept can be related to the top rich elite who run the world. Us, the ignorant public are just their puppets. Listen and believe all their propaganda because at the end of the day, they hold the power to do so. Media! Two: The cinematography and the groundbreaking photography techniques are just awesome. Not did it only introduce this new technique but draws the audience in and take us for a ride. One of a kind ride! I don't think any one of us who had watched matrix will ever for get the bullet scene with Keanu. All in all, kudos to the Wachowskis and Bill Pope. Forever grateful to this masterpiece. One of a kind!