IMDb > "The Angry Beavers" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Angry Beavers"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The Angry Beavers" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

If you don't like this show, then you are a spoot-head.

Author: dootuss from PA
9 January 2002

This is the most hysterical Nicktoon up to date! The episodes are hilarious (especially the Muscular Beaver ones), and the characters are laugh out loud funny! I like Dagget because he's real stupid, and says a lot of funny stuff (like spoot-head). Norbert's funny because of his personality, and how he says words in a different kind of way. It just gets me going!!!! It's also funny because they watch B-movies like the Crawling Spleen which was pretty funny!

I recommend this show to anyone who wants a quick laugh. After all, THE ANGRY BEAVERS RULE!!!!

A Splendiferous Beaverific Cartoon!!

Author: anonymous from Australia
15 May 1999

I absolutely adore this cartoon - it's my all time fave! It has everything - adventures, comedy, humour, even romance!! I would have to say that my favourite beaver is Norb, coz he's just so cute and his personality is just so cool. I recomend this cartoon to ANYONE! (hey, my friend who is 30 years old who watches this cartoon!)

Funny cartoon and one of the best ones on Nickelodeon!

Author: SonicStuart from Kansas City, MO
11 April 2004

Angry Beavers is one of my most favorite cartoons on Nickelodeon ever! The show begins off about these two beaver brothers named Norbert (voiced by Nick Bakay) and Dagget (voiced by Richard Steven Horvitz). There mother and father have a new litter and so Dagget and Norbert go out to live their life and other things. I have mostly every single episode on tape. But I hope someday Nickelodeon brings the show back on the show along with some of the other good Nickelodeon cartoons like Ahhh! Real Monsters, The Ren and Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, CatDog (still on the air but shows reruns) and Inavder Zim. All these good Nickelodeon cartoons get cancelled by those stupid Rugrats and Rocket Power! But the good shows on Nickelodeon now are SpongeBob, The Fairly Oddparents and Jimmy Neutron and also reruns of CatDog. I really thought the show was clever and all the jokes were very funny and the animation was great also. I wasn't the only one in my family who liked it, my Mom, Dad and sister liked it also. I remember when the show first came on me and my sister would always catch the new episodes when the show was first on and kept going! My sister and I were pretty much like Dagget and Norbert as a matter of fact. My sister was just like Norbert and I was like Dagget because I would be so hyperactive while the other plays it cool! I also like Dagget and Norbert's friends. Like Treeflower, Barry the Bear, Ping the Lizard, Big Rabbit, Stump, That wolf and raccoon (what ever there names are?). I also thought those B-movies that Dagget and Norbert watch are hilarious! They make me laugh so hard, like my favorite one they watch is the one with The Giant Radioactive Monster Squirrel! One of Nickelodeon's best cartoons ever made!

This is one of the funniest cartoons on television!!!!

Author: BewitchingIchabod from The Great Down Under
18 February 2002

The first time I saw this I knew it was an original, I mean, how tv shows do you know that tell the hilarious adventures of two brother beavers roughing it after leaving home.

Daggett is a funny but some what accident prone beaver who usually is the cause of most of the problems they encounter, and Norbert is the quick-witted slightly older brother who gets taken along on the ride.

A classic odd-couple television show for 8 month olds to 80 year olds!!!

One of My Favorite Shows!

Author: LastOneStanding
5 August 2003

Ok, all I can say is if you're into that stupid comedy, then you'll LOVE this! In other words, if you are a current "Spongebob Squarepants" watcher/fan, then the "Angry Beavers" will be right up top with you. Daggett and Norbert are by far the funniest and best "pair" since Harry and Lloyd in "Dumb and Dumber". Daggett and Norm are the two brothers who can't leave with each other but can't live without each other. Daggett is the stupid one who knows nothing about everything and is a terribly cluts, and Norbert is the one who is good with the ladies and knows almost everything. With a great set up of "woody friends", these two 'Spooty' beavers are by far the most entertaining to watch.

Oh No! It's Baron Von Once Bad Then Good Now Bad Again Beaver!

Author: JonathanDP81
24 May 2000

The Angry Beavers has got to be my favorite Nicktoon of all time. It has an off-kilter sense of humor that only `Rocko's Modern Life' ever came close to. The dialogue never is predictable. Your brain goes `Okay, now he's going to say…HUH?' What other show could come up with "Old Gramps," a muskellunge so huge he can supposedly "swallow a Swede'? A movie called `The Crawling Spleen'? A hundred-foot-tall rampaging splinter? The plots are off the wall too, such as this one: Norbert falls under the influence of slimy pond scum and becomes possessed by the spirit of un-goodliness. The Evil Norb causes undue harm to his neighbors until Daggett comes to the rescue. This show is destined to become a classic in my eyes! Watch it with some Yoo-Hoo and a case of Lickity-Splits.

The Last Good Nicktoon

Author: Ginger87 from New York City
4 June 2005

"The Angry Beavers" was a very good Nicktoon. It came around when Nickelodeon was still airing good shows, like cartoons and game shows. I thought the plot of the show was very good and funny and the voice acting was well done. I used to love watching this show with my sister and brother.

"The Angry Beavers" told the story of Norbert and Daggett who are two beaver brothers living together. They had many adventures together. Though they sometimes fought, they still always needed each other.

My favorite episodes are: "Friends, Romans, Beavers", "The Day the Earth Got Really Screwed Up", and "Up All Night II: Up All Day". These episodes are hysterical and classical, even though I love all of the episodes.

In conclusion, this is a really good show and I suggest everyone should watch it. I give "The Angry Beavers" 10/10 stars!

BEST CARTOON OF THE 90'S!

Author: Matt Gauer from Kansas City, MO.
7 April 2004

I am such a huge fan of Angry Beavers! I first started watching it when it premiered on Nickelodeon in April of 1997. Even though it was 7 years ago and I was only 10 and 1/2 at the time, it seems like only yesterday.

Guther-Wahl is by far one of the best animation studios, for they have the best imagination, creativity, and characters for a cartoon. This show brings back the fondest of memories. I couldn't decide whether I liked Daggett or Norbert better. Dagget was always the hyperactive, not-so-smart brother that always fell flat on his face. His personality reminded me that of Daffy Duck. Norbert, on the other hand, was very well-drawn, but was somewhat of an ego-maniac with his well-groomed coolness. His personality best resembled Bugs Bunny. I thought the chemestry of the characters was phenominal.

Later on in the first season, we met more characters like Big Rabbit (one of my alter egos), Barry (can we say Barry White?), Treeflower (cutie), and Ping (I'm sure Jim Carrey could've passed for the part).

The show delivered what it promised, fun characters, great chemestry, and smart humor. However there are a tiny spoonful of episodes that are just weird, like "Loogie Hawk" and "Stump's Family Reunion". Despite some episode mishaps, the show is brilliant!

Right now, Dagget and Norbert are no longer with us, except in reruns on Nicktoons TV, which I don't have on Time Warner Digital Cable. Nickelodeon has recently become corrupt by completely flushing this show down the toilet (like, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Ahh! Real Monsters, etc.) but kept the most uncreative drivel like Rugrats and Rocket Power?

I do take credit for some hilarious Nick shows like Spongebob and Fairly OddParents, but they're nowhere near as timeless and valuable as Angry Beavers.

Hopefully Mitch Schauer will someday race for a comeback and Angry Beavers will continue to be as popular as it was in the late 1990s. Right Now, it seems very unlikely. Even if the show doesn't make a comeback, the reruns of the show are still for our enjoyment and memoriam of those two fun-loving beavers.

10/10 stars! BRILLIANT!

Likable Silly Farce from Nickelodeon.

Author: Anthony Einsel from Hastings, Nebraska
9 July 1999

The Angry Beavers is a fresh idea that is very pseudo good. The chemistry between Daggett and Norbert are profound and full of slapstick in between. Their life together pits them in different situations and in the end makes us (but not all) laugh. I like also their B-movie scenes, where the actors are corny and the special effects cheap. It's a classic show!

Best show on Nick

Author: Platypus222 from Winston-Salem, NC
5 February 2002

This was easily the best show on Nickelodeon. I loved it!! It was so funny some times, and I still use some of its phrases, like Norb's "Put Spaces... in between... you whords!" and their use of the word "weedle." This was easily the best show on Nick!

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]