IMDb > Young Hearts Unlimited (1998) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Young Hearts Unlimited (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Alright, but confusing and rushed

Author: citydance247 (citydance247@email.com) from Boston, Ma
12 January 2002

Young Hearts Unlimited was an alright movie but hard to follow and if you leave the room for two seconds you can't get back into it. First of all it had way to many things happening, that you couldn't grasp them all. First you have two best friends, whose parents dated in high school, but now hate each other. Then the dad of the girl finds out he is going to lose his service station. Then it cuts to something completely different, a dumb blonde, a crook and a old guy. That part I didn't quite understand what was happening. Eventually I figured out that the blonde and the crook (played by Robert Carradine and Lisa Robin Kelly, who were perfect and hilarious in their roles)ran way with the old guys money. Plus the blonde and the old guy are supposed to get married. Then it cuts back to the kids Zach and Mindy who set up a dating service to raise fifty thousand dollars in a month for her dad. Then the blonde and the crook meet up with them and help them out. Then the parents start dating. It all got confusing and after that I can't tell you what happens cause its too confusing. Anyway, in the end the parents are together, the blonde and the old guy are together, and they save the station. Also in the end, Zach grabs Mindy and starts kissing her. I don't know how old the girl was but the kid who played Zach (Andrew Lawrence) was only 9 or 10. He seemed a little young to be doing that. Other than not knowing what was happening, the blonde and crook were hilarious and the kids had some funny moments. I give it a 4/10

Ok Telemovie

Author: nasfan
12 December 2000

Even though this movie features one of my favorite actresses, Lesley-Anne Down, in a staring role, I found this movie cheesy and hard to follow. It's about two kids who set up a dating service type thing to get their single parents together. In the middle comes in this gangster/bad guy type undercurrent and I got confused.

Though I don't want to, I really can't recommend this movie unless you've got two hours to kill and feel like just turning the T.V. on and snoozing.

"You've Got Mail" meets "Sleepless in Seattle" meets Something Stupid.

Author: MovieAddict2014 from UK
9 August 2003

Very typical, cheesy and just darn boring made-for-TV movie about two kids (including "Brotherly Love's" Andrew Lawrence) who setup an adult dating service to get their parents together so they can be brother and sister, yet they have a crush on each other. Something spells "sick" here. And what type of adult would feel comfortable being set on a date by a nine-year-old?

A pretty good cast, including Corbin Bernsen and the always enjoyable David Carradine ("Clarence") cannot save this movie from being just plain stupid. Avoid it.

2/5 stars -