IMDb > "Garasu no kamen" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Garasu no kamen" More at IMDbPro »

A lovely story and how-to-be-a-actress lessons in one?

Author: Nathalie from Sweden
10 August 2005

I must say that Glass Mask is one of my favorite manga that turned into a live series. Glass Mask is about a young girl named Maya and poor girl which grows to love acting more than her life. This is a quite troublesome matter for her mother who thinks that Maya can't ever do everything right and taking up acting also means that she would leave her. At the same time a ex famous actress takes an eye for Maya and her strong desires and offers her to join her theater group. But the road of becoming a true actress isn't all roses. People are cruel and would do everything to get what they want.

And the thing is, she never cease to amaze me.. You'll see a whole new type of old plays in which you played Puck in your own way, but never thought you could do it in Mayas way. Truly amazing...

Very Nice

Author: fathskie from indonesia
6 June 2006

Garasu no Kamen, whether it's I, II, or Special Ending all get together. For you who loves the manga version, this one is a Must-Seen series. Yumi Adachi's acting is very good as Maya Kitajima. But we must admit, when it gets to Maya's skill at pantomime, it's so hard to mimic the original manga. But her acting as Beth, Hellen Keller, Puck, Jean are sooo wonderful, she's really into her character! Yumi Adachi is Surprisingly GOOD. Too bad actor who played Masumi Hayami is not 'too' good looking, but his great acting can cover it up.

Overall the 'dorama' is okay.. not really great-- because however the expression are limited (unlike the original manga drawing). This series has sorta "ending" but it still not clear who will role as The Crimson Goddess. At least for the fans who can't wait to read the ending on it's comic by Suzue Miuchi would be more or less satisfy by seeing this dorama.

I give it 8 out of 10