IMDb > I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
Page 4 of 43: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

I gave this movie 1 chance, ok but

Author: movie_addictOZ from Brisbane, Australia
10 December 1998

it was pretty bad too many cliche's same old formula why did Brandy choose this,I'll never know scare set up scenes,recycled predictable fare. Trey Calloway is a bad writer. Danny Cannon proves once more he's hack. Jennifer should give up the horror gig and just stay with party of Five. I have lost faith in horror movies one more and that's it if Urban Legend (due out in Australia soon ) sucks, then that's it NO MORE the horror genre is even less original than when it first died off almost 15 years ago (mid-late 80s)

Oh god.. not Brandy

Author: Moviemkr from Florida
7 December 1998

Well I must say it is ten times better than the first, not that that says much. Very disappointing that Brandy makes it out of this alive. If I were the fisherman she'd had been first on my hook. Too many pointless characters.. just thrown in for more kills.. that's fine.. kill 'em.. but they don't have to have lines. Jennifer Love Hewitt does a great job, despite her horrible co-star. Brandy should stick to rapping.. or whatever it is she supposedly does.

...but know anyone who cares?

Author: Lucky-25 from Ohio
20 November 1998

Love Hewitt -- still overacting as she did last movie -- returns to flee that Long John Silver lookalike.

Viewers immediately know they're doomed: the contest-winning scene is full of baloney.

Essentially FRIDAY THE 13TH with a longer title.

I Still Don't Care What You Did Last Summer!!

Author: DBZ from Gaithersburg, Maryland
16 November 1998

What a stupid movie. I demand my money back for watching this tribute to stupidity!

Horror that leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Author: Andrew-6 from USA
15 November 1998

This film REALLY sucks... I went to the theatre expecting a lame, inept horror sequel. This, mostly due to the fact that Kevin Williamson (I Know What You Did Last Summer, Scream & Scream 2) wasn't the screenwriter. But, to my surprise, the film managed to let my low, low expectations down. I'm not going to throw in any spoilers (not that I would be spoiling anything), so I can't get specific on the worst parts. But, have no doubts, everything to do with this film is just plain wrong. The story is worthless (to say the least), and not to be too picky, but they have some BAD dialogue at the end of it (i.e. "You can't do it, you're not a killer. That's my job!" [btw that quote wasn't verbatim, but, at least for the quote I'm referencing, the dialogue is that bad]). If this is the best storyline/script that Mandalay/Columbia could get their hands on, they shouldn't have made a sequel. I can only imagine what Kevin Williamson must think...

Again, proof that the revitalized horror genre is doomed.

Author: anonymous from Tucson, Arizona
13 November 1998

Let's face it, when "Scream" came out a few years ago it rekindled interest in a movie genre nearly dead. Unfortunately the audience who embraced it was not the audience for which it was intended.

The audience that bought into that movie wasn't aware of what it was satirizing. They'd heard of "Halloween", but seen it? Probably not. If they had then they wouldn't be screaming in fear every time someone leaps into frame only to be revealed as a roommate or friend.

Most of the people who saw "Scream" and will go to see this are unaware that they are receiving their older siblings hand-me-down; a host of abandoned plots and cheap tricks. There is nothing here that wasn't in the horror movies of a decade ago, or even, for that matter, the decades before that. They've been targeted by studio executives, and judging on the reaction of the audience I saw it with, targeted successfully.

It will only be a matter of time before these movies outstay their welcome with this generation of younger movie fans.

Eight-year-olds beware, you're the next target!

Things I was thinking when I saw this film ...

Author: Steve Mullen (smullen@emory.edu) from Atlanta, GA
11 November 1998

1) For all the pop culture references these characters make, haven't they seen Scream?

2) At this rate Jennifer Love Hewitt will go through the entirety of the next sequel topless.

3) Not that I'm complaining ...

4) Yes, you heard me right, the NEXT sequel.

5) Tip to all the horror moviegoers: pick out the non-stereotypical characters. THESE are the ones that will live throughout the movie.

6) Why in the world did Long John Silver kill ... oh, I don't know ... the first ten or so people he offed?

7) The supposed huge plot twist was about as obvious as the fact that this movie is a poor, poor attempt to duplicate Scream.

8) How the HELL did Jennifer Love Hewitt and Brandy get into the supposed great college they are enrolled in? That is, when they're not skipping out to go to exotic tropical island locales.

9) Does everyone ever believe a character in a horror movie who warns them of danger?

10) How many times did Hewitt walk alone through an apartment/hotel room looking for someone she couldn't possibly have stopped if she had found them?

11) Did Mekhi Peiffer have one line where he didn't sound like he was thinking with his groin?

12) This movie will go toe to toe with Meet Joe Black for the top spot at the box office this weekend.

13) People who like this kind of movie make me seriously reconsider universal suffrage.

14) As many times as I correctly predicted what would happen half an hour before it did, I was looking for myself to be listed as director.

15) Then I remembered a three year old could have predicted the plot.

16) I'm damn glad I didn't pay to see this load of crap...

17) ... cause it is officially the single worst movie I've ever seen.

18) I spent more time writing this review than the screenwriter did writing the story.

19) I'll give it a 2 out of 10 ...

20) ... I'm being generous (if only Hewitt would shut the hell up and just get naked).

I still know morons will come and see it

Author: Guinness-2 from New Jersey
6 November 1998

Are there no young horror writers out today that are any good?

Brandy is absolutely horrible, Moesha meets Captain Hook.

Why was this made?

Better than the first!

Author: Freddy Jenkins from United States
23 April 2015

Spoiler Alert! You know for being a sequel I thought this one was going to be worse than the first one. As I said before I personally am not a fan of this franchise whatsoever because the story is just dumb. This one however is cool and full of gore! I like the characters better because it seems to fit better. I even thought of a better concept this girl who we don't care about, Jennifer Love Hewitt is dealing with stress of college. She tries to get away from her boyfriend who coincidently meets a killer. Then Julie gets away from the world by going to the Bahamas with her friends and is being stalked by the same psycho who attacked her boyfriend. This time the old guy is jealous because he wanted "Some" from her and she rejected him! So he murders her friends and everybody to show his love for her! Of course him being a psycho his hook is his crotch. End of story. Overall I give the film a 7 out of 10 because it has a good setting and fun kills.

What a load of crap

Author: geezeratwork from United Kingdom
7 March 2006

I managed to sit through this awful movie last night, the script was dire, I know this is a slasher sequel and didn't expect Oscar winning acting but it felt like they were reading their lines from cue cards.

The only thing that kept my eyes open in this movie was JLH.

I mean come on, a 50 year old guy with a hook for a hand, the girls run screaming, he walks VERY slowly behind them and somehow ends up right behind them.

I know this has been done before but that was a long time ago and the concept has been milked to DEATH.

lets hope for gods sake no more of these movies are made.