IMDb > "Pepper Ann" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Pepper Ann" More at IMDbPro »

"...much too cool for 7th grade..."

Author: AriLozada from Los Angeles Ca
18 June 2004

The Saturday this was supposed to have premiered on was the same day as Princess Diana's funeral, so ABC preempted it and debuted it a week later as part of their "One Saturday Morning" and I fell in love instantly. In my opinion, this was Disney's best animated show since "The Disney Afternoon" heyday of the late 80s, early 90s with such classics as, "Gummi Bears", "Chip N' Dale, Rescue Rangers", "Tale Spin", "Darkwing Duck", "Goof Troop" and "Bonkers." To see Disney return to their roots, if only for a brief moment, was wonderful.

However, due to some stupidity at the Disney corporate level, "Pepper Ann" was cancelled in February 2000 and relegated to "Disney's One Too", a daily version of "One Saturday Morning" that aired on UPN stations. This was a great show and not one to be shot down so quickly. How "Recess" managed to last so long with their most recent episodes being three years old already and their not-too-appealing movie is a sin.

If crap like "Teacher's Pet" (which flopped) and "Recess" (which I was a fan of in the very beginning) can get the big screen treatment, then why not "Pepper Ann"?

I love this show

Author: Ginger87 from New York City
2 August 2004

Pepper Ann is a great show. I never get to tired of it. I first started watching it when it premiered on One Saturday Morning, when I was 10. Now I am 17 and I still watch it on Toon Disney. I like the characters, the animation, and especially the theme song.

Pepper Ann is an average 12 year old whose family is like an average family. Her parents are divorced and her sister is a tomboy. Pepper Ann just wants be liked by her peers. Her best friends are Milo and Nikki. Milo is an inspiring artist who is always there for Pepper Ann. Nikki is smart and is always helping Pepper Ann in times of need.

Overall Pepper Ann is a very good show and I suggest it to people of all ages. I give this show 10/10 stars.

This is one of my favorite shows, and I am 19!

Author: makare1
15 December 2002

Every night I watch Pepper Ann on Toon Disney. The characters are fun and realistic. The stories have important messages without being preachy and the characters actually learn and change. Unlike most shows that seem to have a formula for their episodes each Ep of Pepper Ann is original and fresh.

I recommend this show for anyone who enjoys shows that make you think while giving you a good time.

Cute show.......considering some other crumby cartoons that were around during that time......

Author: XsWeEtLiLGiRL90x
16 April 2004

I really think this was a cute show, the animation was good, and it was pretty original. Pepper ann was a regular 7th grade girl going through life's ups and downs with her best friends, the perfect nicki little, and the original artist milo kamalani......along with them there was lydia, Pepper ann's single working mother, pepper ann's sister Moose *margaret* who sounded and acted like a boy and fooled many until we realized what she was. Then there was aunt janie the hippie cool aunt and her husband jojo, the all around good guy cop. There was also pepper ann's father who you never saw much of and had an accent that you really could never figure out where he was from... and of course there were grandma and grandpa, the old fashioned yet fun grandparents of the girls, all together it really was a fun show if you were into that kind of thing, considering other crumby cartoons that were around then, Pepper Ann and Recess really weren't half bad. Definitley worth a look!

One of the best shows on TV

Author: applehuntr from U.S.A.
26 August 2000

Pepper Ann is a really good show, and it saddens me to see people write it of as some stupid crappy kiddy show, although you can't blame them since it airs between two crap-o-ramas, (the unoriginal Recess and the utterly boring and stupid Sabrina: The Animated Series). This show is funny, smart, and entertaining. Watch it now!! Make sure to see The Bra Episode, ("The only Miracle here is that somebody would by this." says Pepper Ann's little sister Moose, who is trying on a Miracle Bra for Pepper Ann). Watch and enjoy.

A cartoon not just for kids

Author: Jossgod (jossgod@aol.com)
12 December 1999

Pepper Ann is another one of those cartoons that kids and adults alike can laugh at. The writing is witty, the characters are charming, the animation is colorful and fun too watch. While I am not a big fan of cartoons, I have to rate this one up there with The Simpsons, and Arthur. Only low point, you have to get up mighty early, and on a Saturday, too see it. Luckily, I own a VCR.

Animated Brilliance

Author: stu-22 from tracy, california
14 May 2000

This is the funniest family friendly cartoon out there. Pepper Ann is your basic 7th grade girl who is full of character. The show focuses mainly on the relationships she has with her family (single mom and younger tomboy sister) and her best friends (Nicky the perfect girl and, my favorite character, Milo the sensitive yet odd and goofy artist). My other favorite characters include Dieter, the chubby foreign exchange student, and Mr. Phinky, the tragically hip civics teacher.

If you want a break from the vulgar antics of "South Park" and "Family Guy", but want a step up from "Winnie the Pooh" and "Pokemon", check out "Pepper Ann".

awesome show

Author: daizystar94 from United States
2 June 2007

I was sick recently and I was looking for something decent to watch on TV because the only thing on was Dora the explorer. so I stumbled upon pepper ann on toon Disney's wild card show. I watched about two episodes and I got hooked. I love this show. I am 13 and I really think that it addresses teenage life, but there is one problem let me show you Nicky- anorexic Milo- manorexic pepper ann- pepper an(n)orexic the German kid-obese that is the only thing, the characters are so skinny it looks like they're all anorexic! with the exception of the German guy, and I am 1/4 German, it make me lose faith, but I still give this show a 10 because it really is cute, and the theme song rocks unlike something else of that time period. but the reason I like it most is that it REALLY addresses teenage life. I look for it a lot and I try to see if I could find it on, too bad my family Tivo isn't hooked up to our IO box...

I love Pepper Ann!

Author: Andrew Young from Indiana
29 August 2005

I love Pepper Ann!!!!!!!!! It is my favorite cartoon show ever!!!!!! But they don't show it anywhere anymore! :(

My favorite character was, . . . . Milo, yeah, Milo. He rocked. "I love assemblies." and "Is it fish-stick day already?" are my favorite Milo quotes. Deiter and Alex Trebec were my other favorites. Moose was fun too, but he's not as fun as Deiter. I LOVED the theme song, I still catch myself singing it when there's nothing else going on. My favorite episode was the Greensleeves one. Greensleeves is my favorite song, so I really liked that episode. I also liked the Evil Knievel and Patrick Swazey statue episode. I wish I could find someplace that sells the entire 65 episodes. Pepper Ann is better than The Weekenders and Fairly Odd Parents, but since I can't see Pepper Ann anymore, I watch those shows now.

Talkin' 'bout what's her name? Pepper Ann!

Author: Pepper Anne from Orlando, Florida
4 April 2004

There are a few cartoons that I used to watch even in my late teens, as I always thought they were some of the greatest shows left on television. Stuff like 'Mad Jack the Pirate,' a short-lived Fox cartoon, 'Eek the Cat', and 'Bobby's World' (I assure you, it's only coincidental that these are all Fox cartoons).

But Pepper Ann was gold for me. This little Disney diddie is about 7th grade red-head, Pepper Anne, and her adventures involving her friends, Nikki (Von Oy) the obsessive compulsive brain, and Milo (Cooksey), Pepper Ann's artistic friend. And, there's the rest of the gang like Ober, the fat german kid, the twins, Pepper Anne's sister Moose (it took me a while to figure out that Moose was her sister and not her brother), and the kid with the braces, who Pepper Ann likes.

I think this Pepper Ann was based on the Pepper Ann character that Lily Tomlin used to do where she used to sit in that huge rocking chair. I know that previously, ABC tried to do a mix live-action and animation version of the show in a Paddington Bear type of style. But I seem to remember that version lasting only a few episodes. But this Pepper Ann is fully animated, and one of the best cartoons I've ever seen.

I think I really admired this cartoon because it was so packed with humor (especially subtle super-humor) and intelligence even when the characters were involved in the most outrageous situations. I just wish Disney hadn't done away with the show. It was simply fantastic.