IMDb > "Esperanza" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Esperanza" More at IMDbPro »

The worst Filipino soap opera of all time

Author: blankenshipm
8 July 2016

Esperanza of Abs-Cbn was the worst Filipino soap opera I have ever watched in my life. It made people's lives depressed,miserable, angry and full of hopelessness. Any normal person who would watch that soap opera would surely develop a mental illness like severe depression and anxiety.The soap opera promoted too much negativity.

I would not recommend to anyone that they watch Esperanza (1997). I had bouts of depressive episodes when I started watching this worst Filipino soap opera of all time on The Filipino Channel way back late spring 2013.

Anybody who would watch and follow every episode of Esperanza would surely land at the psychiatric hospital for depression. It is not recommended that anybody in his/her right mind would watch that soap opera. No other people should suffer not just emotionally but also mentally because of watching Esperanza.

A soap opera with the usual plot.

Author: praetorian79 from Mother Ignacia Ave. QC
27 March 2000

A soap opera with the usual plot, kinda like those "switched at birth" movies. What I hate most about this movie is the fact that the writers work hard to leghthen the movie. Well I have to say that the actors were all overacting or have no talent at all. The story is a no brainer, so I really do not recommend this even to my dog. This deserves no higher than a 1.

not a "no brainer" mind you

Author: lansmich from bacolod city, philippines
9 April 2002

although the powers that be did everything to let this series star wear outmoded clothes, this still has a great storyline although i don't like judy ann and wowie together. with another leading man, judy ann will do just fine. this series has a stellar cast: charo santos, dante rivero, elizabeth oropesa, piolo pascual was even a villain. marvin agustin did a fine acting job, of course this is still a judy ann starrer so she did outshine the rest.