IMDb > Nosferato in Brazil (1970) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Nosferato in Brazil More at IMDbPro »Nosferato no Brasil (original title)

Sorry, can't help

Author: John Seal from Oakland CA
20 September 2015

It has been over 12 years since 'Arminio from Croatia' sent out his plaintive cry for help regarding this film. "Who can explain what this is?", he quite reasonably asked. And yet, in the intervening years, no one has seen fit to answer him - nor seen fit to add an additional review for this film.

Now I have just had the opportunity to screen Nosferato in Brazil, and all I can say is, move over Arminio: I'm at as much of a loss as you are. The film is basically a collection of random scenes of a hippy vampire chomping the necks of attractive young ladies, but there's no rhyme or reason to it and no narrative (or at least, none that I could detect). The film's only saving grace - and it's a meager one indeed - is its eclectic mix of music, including The Rolling Stones' 2000 Light Years From Home, some of Prokofiev's Alexander Nevsky, and some other more avant-garde compositions I didn't recognize. I almost gave the film a 2 just for the music, but in the end just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Perhaps someone will be able to explain it all to me and Arminio in 2027.

Who can explain what is this ?!

Author: arminio from Croatia
3 July 2003

I like surreal things, I like Lynch's early films and short animated bizzare stuff, I like Svankmajer's surreal animations ... but this - what is this ?! I can't figure out what author tried except to show bunch of sequences without any sense ... or I just can't find any meaning in this ?

Sorry, but I don't.