IMDb > "Mummies Alive!" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Mummies Alive!" More at IMDbPro »

A Really Good Show!

Author: Ginger87 from New York City
10 August 2004

"Mummies Alive!" is a really good show. This show started when I was in fifth grade and I used to watch it before I went to school in the morning. I remember being really excited when it came on in the morning and I was really upset when the show left.

My top five favorite "Mummies Alive!" episodes were "Sleep Walk Like an Egyptian", "The Prince and the Presley", "My Dad the Hero", "Reunion", and "The Face in the Mirror". My favorite characters were Presley and Rapses because they were hot. I also liked Nefer-Tina.

Overall I really liked this show and I was sad to see it go. I am glad that they made a video movie of it a year later called "Mummies Alive! The Legend Begins". I give this show 10/10 stars.

Strange, but good show.

Author: cjennings1987 from United Kingdom
27 September 2006

This animation was a different take on a different genre. A young boy turns out to be a Pharaoh in a previous life. It is up to a gang of reanimated mummies to protect the boy from a series of events concocted by the evil 'Scarab'.

All of the characters follow the typical norms of a children's programme. The evil character is bumbling, the mummies contain a heroic, intelligent and a strong but thick characters. The programme is probably better for older children (7+),as some of the sequences are violent and younger children would probably not pick up the complex story lines.

With the Strength of Ra!

Author: I'm not going to tell you. (Reshaela)
30 June 2000

Mummies Alive is pretty cool! My second favorite show to be exact! The only problem is: How come Rath is so smart! I mean in Ancient Egypt when somebody was mummified they had their brains pulled out! Even so, that just makes it even cooler! I guess all I can say is: WITH THE STRENGTH OF RA!!! note: Ra is the name of the Ancient Egyptian sun god.

Not that bad, really...

Author: (ambasosor_lardo@hotmail.com) from Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
25 August 2000

I'd have to say that "Mummies Alive!" is about average for a cartoon series. The story lines seemed good up until the last half season or so before it went out of production. The animation was decent; and the characters were enjoyable. About the only thing I can find fault with is that I don't think some of the storylines were used to their full extent, wrapping up in a "Star Trek ending," where a good story is told through the first two-thirds or three-quarters of an episode and then solved with some quick plot device in the last five minutes. Some of these episodes would have made good cliffhangers had the authors not wrapped them in one.

Good show that may frighten some children

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
30 July 2006

I used to watch this show when I was a growing up. When I only remember it vaguely, though. If you ask me, it was a good show that may frighten some children. Two things I remember vaguely the opening sequence and theme song. In addition to that, everyone was ideally cast. Also, the writing was very strong. The performances were top-grade, too. I hope some network brings it back so I can see every episode. Before I wrap this up, I'd like to say that I'll always remember this show in my memory forever, even though I don't think I've seen every episode. Now, in conclusion, if some network ever brings it back, I hope that you catch it one day before it goes off the air for good.

Mummies Alive!

Author: Michael Corcoran from United States
1 March 2015

This show was a cartoon about Ancient Egyptians fighting evil for their reincarnated prince, whose name is Rapsees, a made up name that updates the prince to the post hip hop era, just like Nefertina's name. What you have is a show more for your average "Hey Arnold" or "Rocco's Modern Life" fans than for Egyptology geeks, although the references to the "real" ancient Egypt are there. Don't be expecting to ace your Egypt New Kingdom exam with this; the show is more humorous. Of course, like many half-baked nineties cartoons, the plot is a little shallow and lacking and you may find yourself face palming out of embarrassment at some of the "one-liners". In the second episode titled "Sleep Walk Like An Egyptian", yeah, the mummies find themselves battling Scarab's summoned hench...dogs, who are really Anubis, Set, two others, and the Crocodilian/Hippo/Lion lesser demon called Ammut who is accidentally summoned with them. The mummies get the upper hand when Nefertina is about to kick Set into the next world she says "Ready Set? Go!" HAHA! Okay, it's a solid joke. But there are just too many of these and some of them more often than not fall flat on their face. Still the show is fun to look at in the perspective of Ancient Egyptians "really" trying to protect their prince, who is a modern kid. The idea is good, it's just gets a little too silly with some of the jokes, which can be bad for a child's mind. Maybe wait till 14 for this one.

Not all that bad

Author: kanezion_777 from United States
15 April 2008

Mummies alive...a show I haven't seen since I was six years old. It features all the standard kids action show necessities... Ancient villain bent on world domination Comic servant useful only to entertain The basic tropes, Heroic Leader, The Hulking Strong man, the tomboy, and the intelligent comic relief.

The animation's about as good as it can get for the early nineties...this show should definitely have a cult following it's not that bad a show...definitely not as bad as

Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills (yes...it is an actual show)

or...god forbid....Dino Squad