IMDb > "New Kids on the Block" (1990) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"New Kids on the Block" More at IMDbPro »

$0.25 Time Capsule

Author: La Gremlin from Boston, MA
4 September 2000

I recently aquired a couple of video casettes at a yard sale. One was the New Kids on the Block concert/documentary "Step by Step", the other was the New Kids cartoon episode, "Shiek of my Dreams". They have given me well over a quarter's worth of entertainment.

"Step by Step" joins the Kids at the moment right before things started falling apart. So some of their comments about "future albums" are sort of poignant. This is probably the best of the NKOTB videos and it serves as an excellent way to explain the phenominon to the poor, clueless Backstreet generation.

"Shiek of My Dreams" is an example of the truely demented NKOTB cartoon that premiered on CBS at around the same time period. All you really need to know about this cartoon is that there was no resemblence whatsoever between the main characters and the actual New Kids. And it was supposedly produced by people who had hung out with them on tour for over a year. But my tape could end up being a collectors' item and I've gotten some interesting comments from friends about it.

wild one

Author: klingons_ever from United States
30 June 2006

only a clueless one would not see that the directors were trying to put a humorous twist on the show but turning the looks of the guys i guess some folks were never kids just born small adults i pity them this show rocks it has true heart and soul and the moral of a fable by a parable in the good book the 4 are well rounded actors as well as singers i loved it i wish i owned these animated classics for myself i watch over and over for days at a time

to bad they don't have a DVD of all the animated!!!

id sell my soul for a copy@!!!

they are all so cute