IMDb > "Breaker High" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Breaker High" More at IMDbPro »

One of my favourite shows growing up

Author: got_a_penny
10 February 2005

The thing with Breaker High is that you can talk to many people (or more accurately, girls) in my age group and the majority of them will be able to tell you what they adored about the show. Being one of these girls, I literally grew up for the three years that this show ran, and was incredibly saddened by its departure. We could despise Cassidy (who we liked to say was far too thin), think that Tamira was positively adorable... Be in "love" with Max... and have a secret longing for Sean. (better recognized as Ryan Gosling). This show was funny, different than what we were used to, and really just rather addicting. One thing is... Why are there no DVDs?? Now THAT would be absolutely amazing.

A Review

Author: sareidia from Alberta, Canada
10 October 1999

Breaker High was one of the greatest teen shows that I have seen. The characters are easy to relate to, the plot lines are hilarious and it's just a great show all around. This show should never have been pulled off the air, but I am happy with watching the reruns over and over and over again.

Great Canadian show

Author: carbocookie from Regina, Canada
15 April 2003

I don't watch many Canadian shows 'cuz a lot of them are pretty crappy, but Breaker High was a lot of fun with an interesting premise and a talented cast. Ryan Gosling character was so funny, your garunteed to laugh when you watch this show.

Great Show

Author: Datura D from Montreal
26 May 2002

What a blast it would've been going to school on a cruise ship and traveling the world...As a teen show Breaker High really was a breath of fresh air-it was funny, had quirky characters (Ryan Gosling's portrayal of Sean rocked da boat!), and it didn't take itself too seriously. It's well worth the watch if you ever get the chance to catch it. FYI: those of you living in Canada, YTV is presently re-airing episodes on weeknights.

Breaker High

Author: Ice_Angel_1982 from Canada
25 February 2005

This show was/is perfect for teen girls who like cute boys, the girls were kind of a let down, they didn't really set a good example for girls they were either letting the guys walk all over them or just plain being stupid. The combo of Shawn and Jimmy ( Ryan Gosling and Tyler Labine) were the prefect comic duo and the main reason to turn in just to see what mischief they got into. Eye candy Shawn, Scott and Kyle were just so cute. Teri Conn( Ashley)was a really boring stuck up beauty pageant snob who should have been left at one of the many ports that the ship sailed into. I think the role Denise ( Persia White) should have been developed just a little more. And finally Richard Ian Cox as the ships/school's entertainment director was perfect for that role.

hilarious!

Author: tinkerbell starz from in my house
18 August 2000

Breaker high is hilarious! i have been watching it since it first started and love it! a lot of the actors have gotten great recognition from working on breaker high and have moved on to bigger and brighter projects! really fun to watch and really enjoyable plots make it a great show all around! watch it if you can! you'll enjoy its cheesiness!

the best show ever

Author: anonymous from toronto, canada
11 May 1999

Breaker High is the best show ever. The best actors, especially the comedic brilliance of Ryan Gosling and Tyler Labine.

Pretty Good

Author: Jessie S (Jessie_Enchanted) from kind of here
25 August 2003

I missed this show the first time around So I've been watching reruns on WAM because it is on before Young Hercules. I think it is good show and it can be very funny. Ryan Gosling is the funniest character in this show (my opinion) and it is well worth the 25 minutes. Very enjoyable.... :)

Cool

Author: sugarbelle7 from Vancouver
27 July 2002

This show rules and I think Max and Tamira should get together. Jimmy is so funny. I really enjoy this show. Everyone should watch it.Its on weeknights at 10:30 pm pacific time its a little late but its right after radio active witch is a pretty cool show 2. O and its on YTV.