IMDb > Miss India Georgia (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Miss India Georgia More at IMDbPro »

Interesting look at modern Indian-American culture

Author: minormillikin
8 May 2003

This film is less about the pageant "Miss America Georgia," and more about a few of the girls who are entered into it. We see how different all the girls are -- each one has a little more or less interest in actual "Indian Culture." Some just want to be like their white friends and feel like regular Americans while some try to incorporate more of their parents' values into their lives. ---- Entertaining, but I only give it a 6/10 because it could use some more depth, more interviews with the parents and friends of the girls.

Interesting look at modern Indian-American culture