IMDb > It's an Adventure, Charlie Brown (1983) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

It's an Adventure, Charlie Brown (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A collage of good Peanuts stuff, direct from the strip!

Author: Benjamin Wolfe from USA
1 August 2006

How can I rate it at anything other then 10 stars?

It's the adventures of the gang, plus a whole lot more! I had not seen this in so many years I can just make out two small segments, that aren't that clear now, twenty six years later.

But I recall, how the quality in this is good stuff!! This gang of characters is definitely not gonna let the kids down. It won't let the adults who remember 'childhood', watching Charlie Brown do his thing 'down' either. With Snoopy flying, that means that, Charles daughter, was becoming a pilot. Obviously his children were close to his heart, that's what made his life's work that much better, for all of us.

Yes this is yet another shining example of many that, Schulz had great quality in his work and loved telling stories through the eyes of the 'Lil Folks'. As for miss 'Othmar' well, it was always just "Waa Waa Waaa Wa." (****)

It's your 25th Special, Charlie Brown

Author: Shawn Watson from The Penumbra
9 December 2010

There's no story or narrative linking the various sketches in this Peanuts TV special. We are presented with about seven, short unconnected stories that seem like they are lifted straight from the comic strip.

In the first Ol' Chuck is worried that his head looks like a baseball, while the others feature Peppermint Patty and Marcie becoming caddies, Chuck goes on the run after taking a bite of a tree, and Lucy throws away Linus' precious blanket.

At 50 minutes its twice the length of a typical Peanut's special, but I wish they used this as a chance to give us a good story. As it is, it's fun but nothing stand-out. Nice cameo by Alfred E. Neuman though.