IMDb > Dead Man's Curve (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 3 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Pretty good

Author: AKS-6 from Sweden
31 July 1999

"The Curve" is a pretty good movie, even if I think it's rather confusing at times. It wasn't really engrossing either, but I guess it's an okay film to watch if you don't have anything better to do. And Matthew Lillard has really taken the expression "over-the-top" to another level. What I'm going to say next *may* be a spoiler (it was for me) so please don't read it if you haven't seen the movie. I have one last complaint (not about the movie though): here in Sweden they compare "The Curve" with "Wild Things" on the video cover. That spoiled much of the movie for me as I expected several and not just one turn, so the ending didn't come as a surprise to me.

A great little flick.

Author: Ed Weiss (weiss@tba.com.br)
28 July 1999

This flick certainly beats alot of the big budget teen/horror flicks that have come out lately. Great dialogue, original camerawork, and a lot of twists to keep you interested. It also can be funny as hell, in a..

SPOILER quote: Lillard after pushing someone off a cliff. Tim: "He keeps treating people like that someone will end up pushing him off a cliff." Natalie: "Maybe that's not a bad idea." Tim in disdain:"Jeez..Natalie." SPOILER END

That was a great scene and there were plenty more of them. I thought though Mathew Lillard was overacting too much in some parts. He still plays the great psycho though. Give this movie a try, it's a very entertaining flick, as long as you dont get so biased.

AWESOME! Just, AWESOME!

Author: Peter Longo (nyws102696@aol.com) from New York City
14 July 1999

I totally LOVED this movie.. I went to Block buster ((It was a Block buster Video exclusive before they started airing it on the USA Network)) I rented it because I was bored, I watch it, and TOTALLY fell in LOVE WITH IT! I found this to be just as HIP and CLEVER as SCREAM Was.. I thought the acting was great, and it kept me guessing till the end and even then, It was simply amazon.. I told my friends about it, and we rented it together after graduation, and they totally loved it.. I urge you all to see this, because its just a great piece of film.

A wonderfully thought up plot

Author: tnglgirl from Arizona
31 May 1999

The Curve was one of the most brilliant thrillers I've seen yet. The movie pulled your mind into all different directions of thinking and in the end caught you off guard. I was very pleased with Michael Vartan's performance as well. Rent The Curve if you ever have the chance.

Not very inventive and witless

Author: sue-42 from London, England
25 March 1999

London. Production value was solid given it was made for a reported 2M. But the director lacks any innovative style. Rosen was obviously trying too hard. The writing was only a notch above. Though witty at times, the plot was confusing, contrived, and all too predictable. Keri Russel, Michael Varten, and Randy Batnikoff carried the film for the director. The camera loves them despite the ill-handling cinematography. The writing was not very consistent, though some scenes, particularly the one where Lillard confides with Varten under duress and at gunpoint. All in all, I would still recommend this film as a study on low-budget film-making for those gen-x-er's in film school.

Stylish and funny low budget movie.

Author: Serarris from London, England
27 November 1998

I wasn't sure about seeing this film, but I'm glad now that I dragged up to the Trocadero and paid over the odds to see it. It's obviously very low budget, but was put together very stylishly, with flashbacks, good sharp editing (a favourite of mine) and slightly off camera angles which gave certain parts a disturbed feel, fitting the plot brilliantly. The actors are all excellent, especially Lillard who plays a very disturbed character (surprise), but also extremely funny and charming. What really makes this movie is the razor sharp script, mainly for Lillard's character who has some excellent and very amusing scenes (how he cons a fellow student out of $10 springs to mind). The movie benefited from clever plotting; although I felt the ending was perhaps slightly disappointing in terms of plot (stylistically it was excellently done, as were the opening credits). If you can find a theatre playing it I certainly recommend viewing this movie.

A must see, if you need a change from meteor showers

Author: Richard Lonsdale from Buton, Staffs, England
22 November 1998

I thought this was an excellent movie. Good plot with lots of twists and turns and an excellent soundtrack. This is good, simple black comedy at its best

keeps you on the edge!

Author: ck-7 from Miami
14 November 1998

This movie is definitely a roller coaster ride. Just when you thought you have a good idea what's going on and then comes a big surprise. There is not a boring second in this movie and you will never know the truth until the very end. One of the coolest movie of the year. Watch it! You will regret if you miss it!

3 boys, 2 girls, a college and suicidal tendancies

Author: crylord from Paris, France
18 August 1998

In the US, if your roomate kills himself, you get the maximum note without exams. That's enough for thinking, isn't it?? First, you take Mathew Lillard from Scream and ask him to surpass himself and to freak you out as much as possible. Then, you invent complicate relationships between students who all have one thing in common, a small insanity and finally, all this really works together!! From the begining to the end, you're hypnotised and really undergoes all the film long. Conclusion: a must-see Movie!!

The Perfect Crime!

Author: Illyngophobia from United States
24 July 2008

Did you hear the myth that if your college room mate commits suicide,that you get an automatic 4.0 GPA?Well,for two friends,Tim and Chris,it becomes their one way ticket to Harvard.But getting away with it will be the hard part.

I just seen this movie,and thought it was great!And it probably gives college students crazy ideas of killing their room mates.I found it confusing at first,but everything makes sense with a shocking twist ending,where the tables are turned one last time.

So,if you like myths,Scream and of course,hotties,then you'll probably enjoy this movie.

Page 3 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]