IMDb > "South Park" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"South Park"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"South Park" More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 40: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

It's still one of the best shows on television.

Author: omar_kmail from United States
4 September 2012

I've been watching this show for a very long time, and I'll have to say the shows newest episodes have begun to decline a little bit I can't argue with that, but it's still one of the best shows out there. The new episodes are much better than The Simpsons (I still love that show) new episodes, for The Simpsons, I have to say its without a doubt one of the best shows of the 90s but the new episodes just suck. Now getting on with South Park, it's true the new episodes are starting to suck, in my opinion "jewpacabra" is probably the worst South Park episode I've ever watched along with "funnybot" which is from season 15, and season 15 was awful compared to the previous seasons. So far season 16 is better than season 15 though. Now let's talk about the old episodes. The old episodes from the late 90s were alright, season 1 was pretty enjoyable, season 2 started off OK, than it had many crappy episodes, but ended pretty well the "spookyfish" episode which is one of my top 20 favourites. Season 3 was when South Park really started getting better, season 4 was also pretty good. Season 5 is when South Park really started to come to its own with my absolute favourite episode of South Park "Scott Tenorman must die" and many other great episodes like "Butters very own episode" and "Kenny dies". Moving on to season 6, season 6 is my 2nd favourite season of South Park, every single episode in that season had an excellent plot and ending,and there was an eight 10/10 episode streak in that season (In my opinion at least). Now for Season 7,season 7 is also an excellent season, not as good as 5 and 6 but still one of the best. Season 8 is is for sure my favourite season of South Park with great episodes classic episodes like "Good Times With Weapons" which is in my top 5 favourites, and in my opinion, every single episode in that season gets at least a 9/10 rating. Season 9 was also pretty damn good,many excellent episodes like "die hippie die" and "trapped in a closet". Moving on to season 10, season 10 is my another one of my favourite seasons of South Park partly because of "Make Love Not Warcraft" which is without a doubt one of my top 10 episodes but because of the 2 Cartoon Wars episodes where they make fun of Family Guy. The fact of the matter is nearly 1/2 of the South Park viewers also watch Family Guy, and for them to bash a show that half of South Park's viewers watches takes a lot of guts and South Park did it. Season 11 is another one of my favourites mainly because of the immaginationland episodes. Now season 12 and after everything started to go downhill, sure there are some great episodes like "Canada On Strike", 200/201, and a couple of others that are good, and season 12 was actually pretty good, same with season 14, but those seasons weren't very good, if the show started off with season 12 I'd give it an 8/10, but since seasons 3-11 were all excellent I give this show a 10/10. Below is my proper rating for each season.

****December 13, 2012 update****

The second half of season 16 was actually pretty good, 1 bad episode (Going Native), 3 really weird episodes that I enjoyed(Scause For Applause, Sarcastaball and Obama Wins), and 3 excellent 9/10 episodes (Raising The Bar, Insecurity, and A Nightmare On Facetime). So I change my 7.3 rating to 7.8. The second worst season of South Park, still not bad, we can only hope that the next season will be better.

1.Season 8 (2004)9.9/10

13.Season 1 (1997-1998)8.1/10

14.Season 2 (1998-1999)8.0/10

15.Season 16 (2012)7.8/10

16.Season 15 (2011)7.0/10

Don't judge a book by its cover lesson

Author: alohauluv from United States
13 June 2010

Most people misjudge shows like this and you honestly can't blame theme: there's graphic scenes, some sexuality and explicit material, racism, and a good deal of swearing. I was once one of those people who would think of south park and just say, 'what the hell are people watching these days?' And I am now really ashamed of myself for misunderstanding something I didn't even watch before. One day, while being bored on a late night, I skimmed through the channels and watched one episode. I instantly fell in love with the crazy story lines, characters, humor, and references to real life issues and people. All in all, its really not that stupid. I praise the creators for their intelligence. Sometimes, well most of the time, at the end of a south park episode, I find myself learning something I hadn't known while at the same time having lots of fun since the show is so random and hilarious. If you haven't watched an episode, go to the website and watch one now or go on comedy central or something. You won't regret it.

Better than the Simpsons overall after taking into account how bad that once great show has gotten

Author: movieman_kev from United States
29 October 2005

Stan. Kyle, Cartman, Kenny, are the funniest thing to ever come out of Comedy Central thus far, and I have a feeling that will remain true in the future as well. "South Park" is hilarious, thought-provoking sure, but mostly hilarious in it's profanity and outrages situations. From time to time it seems to ruffle the feathers of the ultra-thin skinned PC crowd due to the Libetarian philosophy that pervades in most of the episodes, but they're huge p%&sies anyway. Sure this had a few lame episodes, but never in a row of four and never enough to make a whole season not worth watching (yet the 8th season WAS trying at times). But overall it's a great show, and if Matt Stone & Trey Parker are able to keep the pace up for another year of great episodes then it'll have a better run than the Simpsons, in my mind, that had stopped being good at around Season 9 or 10 (I don't really see the first 2 seasons of that show being that great either, so that's 7 seasons of Simpson's genius hilarity against about 8 of South Park that were great)

My Grade: A+

Four boys. One f**ked up town.

Author: Jessica Carvalho from Brazil
26 December 2005

In the beginning,I was not a big fan of South Park: I thought the cartoon had too many cursed words and I could not understand very much the critics that the cartoon is all about; I was 11 years old when South Park started to be exhibited, So I don't blame myself for that. But the years passed, and now I am 19 and since I am 16 I started to enjoy South Park very much. Even if you don't agree with some episodes, you cannot say that this TV series is not funny; It's totally political incorrect, but that is what makes it so great. I even bought a Kenny doll for myself!!Other interesting thing to notice is that the cartoons have a very bad quality, that also makes the Series be funnier, different from many other cartoon who would certainly be massive criticized.

One of the funniest things ever created in creation

Author: fertilecelluloid from Mountains of Madness
19 November 2006

I'm going to break with tradition here and pen a love letter. "South Park", which I absolutely worship, is the funniest show currently on TV, and right up there with the funniest things ever made for the big screen or the small screen. The key to all things funny is the writing, and the writing for "South Park" is incredible. Parker and Stone have also created a character, Cartman, who is right up there with all-time TV favorites such as Thurston Howell The Third ("Gilligan's Island"), Doctor Smith ("Lost in Space") and George Costanza ("Seinfeld"). They've also created "Jimmy", one of the funniest, most three-dimensional screen retards ever, "Timmy", another hilarious retard, "Mr. Garrison", "Mr. Hanky", "Mr. Hat", "Kenny", the list is endless. You also have to bow to any show that features a character such as "Towelie", a truly pathetic piece of talking cloth. There are a few misses amongst the hits, but what would you expect? The guys are human. And they're permitted their indulgences since it is THEIR show, goddammit!!! For a movie and TV lover such as myself, the non-stop media referencing strikes a chord every time and Parker/Stone's ability to crank out shows that address totally current issues deserves massive respect. Favorite eps? Too many to list here, and who the f. cares, anyway. Let's just say that "South Park" is one of the most intelligent, perceptive, brilliant pieces of pop culture you are ever likely to see. And everything you need to know about life can be found within its humble frames. Respect the authorataaahhhh of this classic show!

Ridiculous

Author: jarossi from United States
7 November 2001

This has got to be the dumbest tv show ever created. How many times can "Oh my god, they killed Kenny" be funny. And they make what, like 4 new episodes a year??? It is stupid, plain stupid. I forced myself to watch it once or twice with a friend, but i didnt hardly even giggle or make a smirk, it was not funny. This is just my opinion, if you like it, by all means watch it, but i think it is dumb.

I SWEAR- I have never laughed so hard in my life

Author: Roger_Sterling from Addison, Illinois, United States
27 January 2006

This is-by miles, leaps and bounds-the funniest show I have ever seen. This is coming from someone who watches the simpsons, family guy, drawn together, robot chicken, chappelle's show, and mind of mencia on a regular basis. How Matt Parker and Trey Stone come up with this stuff is amazing. The stuttering kid Jimmy is alone enough reason to watch this outstanding show, and I don't think I need to tell you about the infamous Cartman. Watch this show whenever it is on- it is arguably the funniest show on TV today. Now that chappelle's show is defunct (temporarily) South Park is king of all comedy central shows. Nine years and STILL going strong. I hope it keeps it up until 2009, which is when I've heard it will end. But hopefully, it won't end even then.

10/10. Freakin hilarious.

Love it even the new seasons too

Author: tiborsandor (tiborsandor2001@gmail.com) from Hungary
18 November 2017

When i was younger, probably 12 years old i watched it because of the language. I always laughed on course words, and because the main characters are kids like me. But i didn't really understand the adult jokes and the true meaning of this show. I saw all episodes, and I talked a lot of about the sow to my friends. I aftually grew up on south park.

Now I'm 15 and I understand what this show really want to say. Now I don't watch it because of the corse language, I watch it because of the satiric humor.

I recommend all seasons to all ages.

Thanks South Park and shout out to Mr. Garrison

Author: julielee-79410 from Florida
7 November 2017

If I had to choose only one TV show to watch - it would be South Park. So far they haven't gone to the politically correct side and continue to make fun of fat people, ugly people, gays, transgenders, blacks, redheads, disabled people, deformed, poor people, immigrants, foreigners, midgets, religion, politics, you name it. And it is so refreshing!! I lay awake at night worrying that it will become PC. Some of the episodes are confusing and not so funny but for me it continues to be that rare beacon in a dark dark lackluster PC-riddled entertainment storm. And FYI - I'm a baby boomer - not a teenager.

AMAZING SHOW! Still Brilliant As of 2017!

Author: Tillie Gurbek
21 August 2017

South Park is an amazing comedy show that never fails to make me laugh. Matt Stone and Trey Parker cover current events, social topics, politics, etc., while making it funny at the same time. The animation has greatly improved over time and, as of 2017, it's PERFECTION! 20 seasons and it still hasn't lost its humor that America fell in love with 20 years ago! Great show!