From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money
Page 9 of 16: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

What is it with made for video movies?

Author: newsteadadam from Keene, NH
29 April 2000

Sometimes I just wonder why they even bother. This direct to video sequel to the excellent movie From Dusk Till Dawn has bad special effects, bad acting, and a bad story line. The only thing that links this movie to the original is the Bar. Stay away from this baby. Its not worth a dollar.

The opening and the end credits are the best parts.

Author: Shohmyoh from Canada
20 March 2000

The opening and the end credits are the best parts. That's about it. The opening is good cause it has Bruce Campbell in it, After that the movie is usually boring and has a few memerable moments, but not very many. The movie simple seems to drag for the most part and I was thankfull to see the end credits start to roll.

What Were They Thinking?

Author: Cochese-6 from E N D S V I L L E
31 January 2000

"Texas Blood Money" lacks eveything the original had. It easilly could have been rescripted, and at the very least, could have been watchable. Nothing intigures the viewer, and the Titty Twister looks horrible. No one seems to have tried on this one, which is surprising considering it was exec. produced by Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, and Lawrence Bender. A very large letdown that displays minimal talent for director Scott Spiegel, who Quentin Tarantino credits with starting his career. The 3rd is at least a DECENT addition to the "FDTD" legend.

GREAT COMEDY!!

Author: slim-44 from United States
11 January 2000

That's right, I said comedy, because that's exactly what it is..a very funny horror movie. I don't know if that was the director's intent--but that is the way that it turned out. Cheesy beyond belief, the acting wasn't that bad-it was the lack of a story line that doomed this movie. As an earlier reviewer wrote, "why would a vampire need money?", I agree, this movie should have never been made until they had a REAL script in hand. In fact, that was the only part of the whole movie that bothered me. I couldn't figure out why the vampires stuck around to fight it out with the cops instead of just grabbing the money and leaving(but, then again, WHY would they need money-they are eternal, the most powerful creatures on earth?) Good laughs, some nudity, lots of gore= 5.5 out of 10.

BARF

Author: PunkJedi from Mexico
5 January 2000

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Did I mention it was horrible?

STICK WITH THE ORIGINAL AND BEST!!

Author: psycho_153
23 December 1999

This is far below the standard the first movie set. There are some cool POV shots used by the director but that's all really. A nice sex scene at the hotel is another high. The special effects are pretty lame compared to today's standards, average acting and an average storyline. Had the potential to be great but didn't live up to expectation. Stick with the original and best.

The first movie is much better

Author: boterkoekje
16 December 1999

When I heard that he was getting on VCR I was very excited but when I saw him the excitement turned into sadness, my god what a terrible movie.

The openings scene was fine with Bruce Campbell but after that it's getting very bad. The script sucks, I mean there's absolutely nothing that's has got anything original. The actor's aren't the greatest actor that life in this world. The only thing that is different is the way he was directed. You see in this movie various shot's that you don't see that often in movies. This is also the only reason to watch this movie till the end without sleeping.

If I were you and you want to watch this movies and you didn't see it yet, a little bit of advice... don't.

very very bad

Author: EThom-2 from Gaithersburg, MD
11 September 1999

This film was not even a good try. Fans of the original will be greatly disappointed. In fact, everyone will be disappointed. The effects were cheap and in most cases pointless. (The vampires appeared as bats mostly) And the director has some weird obsession with point-of-view shots. I give this film an "F"

best part of the ending is finally i can go home

Author: everlast-2
11 August 1999

FDTD 1 is as bad as it can get, despite of this, i decided to give the sequel a try, expecting the director and the script writer to somehow,improve in some way or another.But i was wrong, the story is s****y and cheesy and people with seasick do avoid this film.Cause every time in the action scene, the camera will shake furiously,making you feel nauseous, you can't see anything but vague image of someone smear with blood screaming, and this goes repeatedly for the entire film. This movie is an extremely rotten film, save your money and time for better ones.

THIS AND TITANC ARE THE WORST MOVIES I HAVE EVER SEEN

Author: Stu Beznoff (crazygrandpasex@hotmail.com) from mass
9 July 1999

I ONLY WATCHED A HALF HOUR AND TURNED THE SET OFF, THIS WAS /_THE_/ WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN, and I have seen plan nine! Ok I would rather have my wisdom teeth removed than sit down and watch the whole thing again. The characters were so "Bargan Bin". The story line was just horrible and the special effects unbareable. If you EVER have the urge to rent this movie, please do yourself a favor and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not rent this movie, rent a nice movie like Meet the Feebles or some of the ernest movies (esp. ernest in Africa, Slam Dunk Ernest and Ernest in the Army becaus they look like they were made with 10 dollars, but they are GREAT FILMS compared to this), but for sake of sanity DO NOT RENT THIS MOVIE.

The title also could use some work.