From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money
Page 8 of 16: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

BAD BAD...BAD!

Author: captbruce from USA
13 November 2000

I rented all 3 "From Dusk Til Dawn" movies to get the overall story. I had, of course, seen the original and wanted to get into the sequels since I'd heard about them being made, but that's the last I'd heard about them. Well, my review of #3, "The Hangman's Daughter" can be found with that movie, and as for this...a TOTAL waste of film. TOTAL waste of actors who seem talented (although I've only seen Robert Patrick's and Cruz's other work really)but are stuck in this horrible movie. It's so bad I won't even get into the plot, but let's just say it happens some time after the first one, has a very weak tie to the first one (Micheal Parks' character's son), and is just bad from conception to execution. It looks as though it was made just to capitalize off the success of the first and was put together in a jumbled, hurried mess, something I would hope two great filmmakers like Rodriguez and Tarantino would be above and not shove shotty material down our throat...BUT THEY DID.

The only thing I can say good about this movie is the special and CG effects. But the first-person camera the director, Spiegel, utilizes WAY too much and it's annoying as hell anyway? Useless. If they thought of the concept for "Hangman's Daughter" first, they should've stopped there. If they thought of this first, I'm glad they got the bugs out here to make "Daughter" a far superior movie. Avoid this monstrosity at all costs.

My hate for this stupid flick.

Author: sedatemeplease from IL
1 November 2000

You know, some movies are just a waste of film. This was one of them. Let me list why this movie was pure c**p: 1. Crappy plot. I'll just leave it at that. 2. The killing of it's two biggest stars, Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead) and Tiffani Amber-Theisen (Beverly Hills, 90210). 3. With the exception Robert Patrick (who is only exemped because of his roles in "The Faculty" and "Terminator II: Judgement Day"), everyone in this movie blew. 4. Stupid, stupid dialouge. ("I just dropped in for a quick bite" and "She sucked me dry"? Oh, please.) 5. Horrible special effects and make-up. A total disappoinment after FDTD number one. The list could go on and on, but I only have so many characters in my review. So, please please please please, for your own sake, don't waste your time and/or money with this total peice of monkey c**p. It's just not worth it.

Stupid

Author: Kel from PA
29 June 2000

The first one was so mush better than this. This movie had nothing at all to do with the original. It is a good thing George Clooney wasn't in this movie otherwise he would look really stupid. This is just a dumb movie. Don't rent it unless you completely want to waste your money. 1/10 Rated R for violence, sexuality and language. Nothing Recommended

What is it with made for video movies?

Author: newsteadadam from Keene, NH
29 April 2000

Sometimes I just wonder why they even bother. This direct to video sequel to the excellent movie From Dusk Till Dawn has bad special effects, bad acting, and a bad story line. The only thing that links this movie to the original is the Bar. Stay away from this baby. Its not worth a dollar.

The opening and the end credits are the best parts.

Author: Shohmyoh from Canada
20 March 2000

The opening and the end credits are the best parts. That's about it. The opening is good cause it has Bruce Campbell in it, After that the movie is usually boring and has a few memerable moments, but not very many. The movie simple seems to drag for the most part and I was thankfull to see the end credits start to roll.

What Were They Thinking?

Author: Cochese-6 from E N D S V I L L E
31 January 2000

"Texas Blood Money" lacks eveything the original had. It easilly could have been rescripted, and at the very least, could have been watchable. Nothing intigures the viewer, and the Titty Twister looks horrible. No one seems to have tried on this one, which is surprising considering it was exec. produced by Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, and Lawrence Bender. A very large letdown that displays minimal talent for director Scott Spiegel, who Quentin Tarantino credits with starting his career. The 3rd is at least a DECENT addition to the "FDTD" legend.

GREAT COMEDY!!

Author: slim-44 from United States
11 January 2000

That's right, I said comedy, because that's exactly what it is..a very funny horror movie. I don't know if that was the director's intent--but that is the way that it turned out. Cheesy beyond belief, the acting wasn't that bad-it was the lack of a story line that doomed this movie. As an earlier reviewer wrote, "why would a vampire need money?", I agree, this movie should have never been made until they had a REAL script in hand. In fact, that was the only part of the whole movie that bothered me. I couldn't figure out why the vampires stuck around to fight it out with the cops instead of just grabbing the money and leaving(but, then again, WHY would they need money-they are eternal, the most powerful creatures on earth?) Good laughs, some nudity, lots of gore= 5.5 out of 10.

BARF

Author: PunkJedi from Mexico
5 January 2000

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Did I mention it was horrible?

STICK WITH THE ORIGINAL AND BEST!!

Author: psycho_153
23 December 1999

This is far below the standard the first movie set. There are some cool POV shots used by the director but that's all really. A nice sex scene at the hotel is another high. The special effects are pretty lame compared to today's standards, average acting and an average storyline. Had the potential to be great but didn't live up to expectation. Stick with the original and best.

The first movie is much better

Author: boterkoekje
16 December 1999

When I heard that he was getting on VCR I was very excited but when I saw him the excitement turned into sadness, my god what a terrible movie.

The openings scene was fine with Bruce Campbell but after that it's getting very bad. The script sucks, I mean there's absolutely nothing that's has got anything original. The actor's aren't the greatest actor that life in this world. The only thing that is different is the way he was directed. You see in this movie various shot's that you don't see that often in movies. This is also the only reason to watch this movie till the end without sleeping.

If I were you and you want to watch this movies and you didn't see it yet, a little bit of advice... don't.