From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money
Page 4 of 16: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Nothing like the first, but very watchable!

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
16 January 2006

Though Quentin Tarantino's character was killed in the first movie doesn't mean he couldn't do a second. This movie was a bit of surprise to me at first. The first thing was a horde of bats attacking some lawyers(Tiffany Amber-Thiessen and Bruce Campbell,"Evil Dead" movies) that scene turns out to be a movie without a title. There you have five bank robbers consisting of a wanted man(Duane Whittaker), an ex-con(Robert Patrick), a nit-wit security guard(Brett Harrelson, Woody's brother), and rodeo clown(Muse Watson), and a mucho loco hombre(Raymond Cruz). The crazy quints make their way in a classic Lincoln Continental and head South of the Border. Of course the wanted man happened to run into trouble, of the fanged kind. The infamous road stop of the first movie is back, and it appeared it got a new crew out there. The same guy from the first movie Eddie(Danny Trejo), is back. And this time his fellow buddy, gets Luther(Whittaker) and he turns all but Buck(Patrick) into vampires. Buck may have his limits but being undead, isn't his cup of tea. What does he do? He joins the Texas Sheriff Lawson(Bo Hopkins) into the battle of the undead. Even the vampire quad got the power of the undead, it appear greed corrupted Jesus(Cruz) more than anyone. The robbery was made, but Buck ended up with the loot, so one question comes to mind, Who's going to help spend the loot? His buddies are dead, and Buck isn't worried about anything, FOR NOW! Very watchable, and it'll take some time to get it in. Rating 2 out of 5 stars.

What was Quentin thinking?

Author: eaglewayprod from California
14 April 2004

OK, Quentin is a great director and writer. He usually has good judgment why would he want to Producer this stuff. He should have taken his time and reviewed the script. He would of known that it was smutt. He should have written a version of it get George Clooney and Julia back and get rid of Danny Trejo's character since he died in the first one and then he would of had a sequel worth seeing in the theater and not video or DVD. I would love to see another sequel to From Dusk till done just to ignore this whatever this is. You could do it Quentin. George has said he would love to play Seth again if you asked him. The original was truly a great film. The Prequel wasn't bad, but this one sucked.

Crap!

Author: Slack_Vity (fresh_bullet_time@hotmail.com) from Montreal, Quebec, Canada
10 April 2004

I really disliked this movie for many reasons. First, the effects are horrible and laughable, the acting is horrible (Robert Patrick and Bo Hopkins were not very good in this one) and so on... This gives no honor to the first in any way, they should have stayed with the first and the third to make the perfect duo. The part where the guy is attacked by a bat in his car is so funny! Oh my, it just looked like a plastic toy that someone threw at his windshield. This film is not by any means a popcorn B-movie... it's worse! With such a low budget and with this director, you can't build a well filmed good action sequences with a lot of explosion and stuff. The first is one of my favorite action movie but this one is just... awful.

Rating: 1.4/10

Only good as a cure for insomnia insomnia

Author: Yvonne from Swansea
13 February 2004

Ok don't get me wrong, I love vampire and horror films, but I have to say this is the only horror film that I've actually fallen asleep trying to watch, and not even the wonderful Robert Patrick can redeem it.

The only mildly redeeming area is friends turned and still pretending to be themselves, but even that wasn't done very well

Sorry, but I would only ever recommend this film to someone who has to treat insomnia, otherwise watch something else instead

If you liked the first movie... Avoid this piece of crap

Author: CoZMaCHiNE
21 July 2002

I really liked the first movie. It was cool, it was violent and the twist was really fun and unexpected. This movie is nothing like it. Fact is that this movie just stinks. Please do me a favor, if you're thinking of renting this movie, think again. The very uncool camera angles and quotes like "Come here you sexy bitch" just makes you think that the movie is made by some sort of primate with the brain the size of a peanut.

Oh my god

Author: thorsten_zeindlinger from Steyr, Austria
25 February 2002

I am a really big fan of the first part of "From Dusk Till Dawn". Today I bought the english version of part 2. I thought: "Yeah, part one is great, "Texas Blood Money" will surely be cool too. I has to be good, cause it costs about 30-40 US-Dollars." But it wasn't. The story is absolutely weak, the actors too and the special effects are one of the worst I've ever seen!!! They only run/drive around and kill all people they can in such a cruel way I have never seen!

What did Quentin Tarantino do? The first part is such an excellent, great, fantastic movie but the sequel is so bad. Why. Does he only want some more money, cause of the first success?? I am totally disappointed. But I think I will buy part 3 too. Some people said it's nearly as good as part 1. I hope so...

Worse than the original.

Author: (aunty_p@hotmail.com) from Ireland
9 January 2002

As you can tell by the summary line, I'm no big fan of the Tarantino scripted original, but it shines in the face of this effort. This second sequel, made back to back with the third, attempts to cash in on the profitability of the original movie. In a nutshell, this movie stinks! Really badly. No care or continuity has been taken in the writing. The endless use of pointless P.O.V. shots really grate the viewer (although, I'm sure the crew had a much worse time having to waste their efforts on such shots as an elevator button P.O.V., etc.) The effects are abysmal.

But you've probably already seen this movie. You know how bad it is. What I'd like to know is how can we convince the industry not to waste their money on poop like this?

Probably the worst film ever made

Author: ThePolarOne from Oxford, UK
3 April 2001

Admittedly From Dusk Till Dawn was a hard act to follow. There are few horror fans who would disagree that it is a very good movie. However, that is no excuse for the 90 minutes of my life that were savagely taken from me. Forced to watch a film which lacked any forms of good dialogue, story-line or directorial skills. To begin with the overuse of point of view shots becomes absurd too quickly; dog POV, push-up POV, telephone cable POV, fan POV, behind bats teeth POV. At first it's amusing as if it were a spoof. But soon you find yourself reaching for the eject button. If you do last any longer you'll find totally unexplained plot details, such as, why the hell are vampires robbing a bank with humans? And how does Danny Trejo suddenly turn up towards the end of the film after being slaughtered in the first reel. Despite the talent on offer here, everything you could think of is a let down and an example of how to not win any support from the audience. I think the key to this failure is the abysmal writing and directing from Scott Spiegel. Let's campaign for this guy to stop. If he hasn't already.

Why

Author: slapmonkeyfilms (slapmonkeyfilms@hotmail.com) from London
8 March 2001

Dusk till Dawn was a fairly competent film full of everything you need in a good action flick including a bizzare twist i.e. all the locals in the bar are vampires.Dusk till dawn 2:Texas blood money though was a whole different kettle of fish.It is a poorly thought out ploy to cash in on a successful movie.Don't get me wrong i'm a huge fan of bad films and commend them if they are in any way inventive or resourcefull,this wasn't.Texas blood money also made use of annoying camera shots it persevered with every point of view shot possible.We had the shot from the pov of a man doing press-ups,we had the shot through the red eyes of a bat and to top it off the pov from a fan moving left to right.Overall it is a highly frustrating film that should never have been made,their certainly shouldn't have been a third installment.Never see this if you haven't,and if you have i feel for you and hope the counciling is going well.

Bad,bad sequel

Author: aesgaard41 from United States
1 November 2000

I was thrilled to discover this movie was out,overjoyed to see that the hot-looking Ms. Thiessen would be stepping into Salma Hayek's shoes [or bra as the case maybe] and completely disappointed when she didn't appear in the rest of the picture. This horrible mess of a movie I guess is supposed to be showing events that happened the same night or the week before the last movie.Bank robbers become vampires then decimate the entire city police force in one night.This movie didn't have the flair of the first movie,but sure overused the point-of-perspective view of the camera.