From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money
Page 2 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

It will leave an impression

Author: Fredrik Carlsson from Sweden
15 April 2007

Regardless if you like it or hate it I'm pretty sure this movie will leave an impression.

This is the kind of movie that leave you befuddled not knowing whether you should laugh or cry.

Horror sequences are predictable yet utterly stupid. There are major gaps in the plot. One of the more obvious being the main plot: Going to Mexico to rob a bank. It's basic movie trivia that you commit a crime and then you go to Mexico to escape the long arm of the law.

The dialog makes clumsy attempts at being clever, Tarantino-ish if you will. Unfortunately it all just falls flat. Tarantino has an odd gift for allowing actors to fluently deliver the dialogue no matter how cliché it might be. This lacks here. Instead just about every sentence spoken sounds contrived and forced.

Action sequences are horrendous. Vampires and cops alike line up in order to die in a gruesome manner. We're talking really lining up. Not in the sense that everybody dies but in the sense that there seems to be a veritable queue. The camera focuses, slightly off-focus on one killing, then moves on the next.

I think this movie is a bit of a hit and miss. I got the sense that they tried to create something and failed miserably. If you watch it, try to think of it as a movie that doesn't try to be anything. That way you at least won't have any expectations of it.

In the end however this movie is probably best remained unseen.

Terrible Film Don't Bother

Author: Daniel Taylor from Nottingham England
14 June 2002

A sequel that boasts none of the wit, originality or quality performances of the original. Don't watch this ever even if you're bored or want to see it out of curiosity.

Where From dusk till Dawn 1 succeeds, from dusk till dawn 2 fails

Author: Jeroen Smeets from Utrecht, Netherlands
18 September 2001

From dusk till Dawn is a great movie, and with this sequel I thought it would be at least good as well. But the movie wasn't even close.

Where in part 1 the switch in genre from action to horror is successfully made, there isn't any switch at all in part 2!

Part 2 is to me a very bad horror movie. It's nothing compared to part 1.

Horrible

Author: pkcoombs from United States
15 June 2004

When i watched the first FDTD, i thought it was far from a masterpiece but an excellent movie. Then i couldn't wait to watch the sequel. I didn't believe what this site was saying about this gruesome sequel so i bought it for 13 dollars. I couldn't rent it because they didn't have it, probably because it was so terrible! The special effects are laughable and the acting is worse. Scott Spiegel has no idea of how to direct movies and his camera angles? What is up with that. All in all don't waste any money on this movie... It is TErrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on a 1 to 10 scale i would give it a -500. Don't watch this and don't be like me and but it.

THE MOST DISGUSTING SPECTACLE SINCE BEGINNING OF TIME

Author: slipster-2
5 August 1999

I can not believe that this Scott Spiegel has or ever will make a movie since "Texas Blood Money." Where do I start? First of all it had nothing to do with "From Dusk Till Dawn." It was in no way a sequel, it simply shared a similar setting and subject. The acting was horrid, and the director was trying to be original with camera shots, but it came off as sickening. Inside the mouth of the vampire cam? Come on. I just started laughing. I loved "From Dusk Till Dawn" but "Texas Blood Money" was the worst movie I have ever seen, and that's including Carrot Top movies.

From Dusk Till Dawn 2? Is that how long I slept?

Author: Stephen Philpott from Charlotte
14 March 1999

A friend of mine got me a copy of this movie and I must say I was psyched. Bad idea. The second I put it in, I saw what looked to me like a made for TV movie. Then a smile returned to my face when I saw Bruce Campbell. Once again the smile left my face when Tiffany Amber Thiessan begins screaming as Bruce gets his head bit off by obvious rubber bats.

Bored yet? I was. For a movie that had so much potential it lost it. The movie was loaded with horrible special effects, bad directing, a medium which looked like Digital made for TV, and bad acting on everbody's part. Was the director trying to spoof eighties camp horror flicks or is he really that stupid when it comes to scaring people?

There was only one pleasing thing about the movie and that was a great line said by Robert Patrick.

In short - if you just want to see Robert Patrick or Bruce Campbell, rent it. Actually, if you're a movie buff and you like to analyze all movies, see it. But if you are the average fair weather film goer - stay away.

What's to say...vampires attack would be thieves.

Author: Dannie-4 from Beaver, PA
1 February 1999

Terrible. None of the wit, charisma, or surprise of From Dusk Till Dawn. They should be ashamed to use the same name. Not even a good "bad" movie, and I appreciate decent "B" movies.

Strictly a make-work production...

Author: MrGKB from Ohio
20 February 2008

...that utterly fails to live up to its quirky progenitor, "From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money" is only worth the time spent watching it to vampire geeks, of whom only the most indiscriminate will be pleased, and/or Tarantino/Rodriguez completists, who will remain bemused as to whether or not these renowned auteurs even bothered to read writer/director Scott "Evil Dead 2" Spiegel's script before bankrolling this mess. And I can assure you it's a mess.

From its opening fake-out with Bruce "Evil Dead" Campbell to the final boredom of its closing reel, "FDTD2:TBM" fails to add anything of note to the genre whatsoever. It's only stylistic flourish, if you can even call it that, is camera shots from oddball perspectives, such as the inside of a decomposing vampire skull, none of which add anything to the lackadaisical storyline. I promise you, the less said about this abortion, the better; it practically defines the word "fodder." I'm sure everyone involved had "fun" making this dreck, but I'm equally sure that they all knew they were just taking a paycheck, and I'm also pretty sure none of them are bragging about their participation.

Do yourself a favor, gentle reader, and pass this one by. You won't miss it for even the briefest of seconds.

Horrendously Bad

Author: Foggy-7 from Boston, MA
19 August 1999

While the premise would make for an interesting movie, this gore fest is short on story and long on inanity. The acting is all around wooden, and the blood and guts gratuitous. In the most ridiculous plot point, a solar eclipse allows the vampires to continue attacking after sunup.

Most disappointing was touting Yasmeene Bleeth and Bruce Ashwood as stars of the movie. Both are involved in the first few minutes, as stars in a vampire movie that one of the characters in our vampire movie is watching.

The only redeeming point of the movie was the brief discussion of whether or not adult movies need a storyline. (They do.) Too bad they didn't concentrate on making a convincing storyline for this.

Horrible directing, acting, and FX. Why Quentin, why?

Author: Jeff Okrepkie (jefe5150@aol.com) from Tempe, AZ
7 May 1999

This was one of the most horrible movies I have ever seen. I never thought it was possible to over direct, but Scott Spiegel somehow pulls it off. Every shot is made to look like the coolest shot ever done but they are not even close. The shots from inside the vampires mouths' are an incompetent attempt at trying to be cool. The acting was mediocre, but the script sucked (thanks again to Spiegel) and the FX were disastrous. Why Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino associate themselves with this movie is mind boggling. No wonder this movie went strait to video. If you ever want to see an example of what not to do see this movie. And finally what in the wide wide world of sports did the scene with Tiffany Amber-Theissen have to do with any thing? It was pointless and a waste of time. Overall the movie sucked.

Page 2 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]