IMDb > Lost & Found (1999/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 4 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

I walked out about 1/2 through

Author: anonymous from Oakland, CA
2 May 1999

I was looking for a funny movie in which you would leave your brain at the door. Instead, I got a movie in which you would leave your brain at the door and wouldn't laugh. In fact, some of what I saw was downright horrible.

First, David Spade tries to make a dog poop and then picks up dog poop and goes through a whole bag of that stuff to find a ring for...?

Second, there was scene at the pet food store in which the young boy makes child molestation remarks at David Spade.

THEN I WALKED OUT!

Sophie Marceau is a gorgeous French actress and I wonder what compelled her to even consider this piece of trash.

David Spade has a lot more talent than this but one more movie like this and he will be doing "Infocommercials" at the lowest wage scale.

Stick to comedy central movies. At least you can flip the channel and watch CNN if you something better.

Ciao

Better then expected

Author: mmereos from Miami Beach, FL
26 April 1999

I expected this to be your typical Spade/Farley movie. It had the same characteristics but the movie had some incredibly original funny parts to it. I really liked it and would highly recommend it.

Move over Plan 9...

Author: Jeremy Aufderheide (jer@pbway.com) from Minneapolis
25 April 1999

...because there's one that's even worse now! This film is devoid of any wit and warmth. Very unfunny and unoriginal and yet there was so much potential on the part of the cast and the script. What a shame that they had to go for the cheap laughs.

David Spade In A Perfect Role

Author: Brittni from Maryland
25 April 1999

Lost & Found turned out to be way better than I expected. All of the actors and actresses fit their roles perfectly, especially David Spade. It's the kind of movie everyone could enjoy, if they just tried to and would quit picking out the bad things about it (there really aren't any anyway). It's simple and sweet and a lot better than many movies lately that get overrated reviews. I give it an 8 on a 1-10 scale. See it with some friends.

I was truly impressed!

Author: jimmy mustion from bolivar, mo
24 April 1999

My group and friends went out to a movie this last Friday night, not knowing what to see we chose (to the dislike of two of us) the new David Spade Comedy "Lost & Found". After the movie myself, and everyone else in the theatre felt the same thing "Truly Impress". I was in shock as I find myself more than once crying my eyes out from laughter. IT WAS THAT GOOD!! Of course to love a Spade humor is a must, but man it was so funny. The previews do not do it justice. SO funny!

David Spade is safe only in small amounts

Author: slupo from USA
21 April 1999

'Lost and Found' is the movie David Spade hopes propels him into mega star status. He hopes it will turn him into a legitimate romantic lead much as 'The Wedding Singer' did for Adam Sandler.

The basic plot line is this: boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, boy steals girl's dog so he can return dog to girl so boy will look like a hero in girl's eyes, boy almost gets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl. Simple. Along the way are some heavily contrived plot twists, one of which leads to the movie's biggest laugh (I'll just say 'garbage bag full of dog poop'). They definitely should've stayed away from physical dog humor because it draws inevitable comparisons to 'There's Something About Mary.'

Watching David Spade play gooey romantic made me squirm in my seat. He needs to be the wisecracking side kick and that's that. Sophie Marceau is gorgeous and makes it easy for us to believe all that Spade goes through for her. Her 'cello playing' is the worst acting I've seen since Lacey Chabert (Party of Five) ever picked up a violin.

The movie does well when Spade is being obnoxious but when he starts getting romantic, the whole movie falls on its face. Spade isn't a good enough actor to pull a movie like this off. He needs to stick to roles that suit his personality more.

Sweethearted and funny...better than expected

Author: Shawn Hobbs (shobbs@kcentv.com) from Temple, Texas
21 April 1999

It looked lame...I walked into the theater expecting it to be lame...but, "Lost And Found" ends up better than expected, surprisingly enough. David Spade pretty much plays the same guy as always...but successfully translates into leading man for this movie. Yes, it's contrived romantic comedy stuff underneath...but, (and we see so many of them lately); when one comes along that's actually entertaining--I'm willing to forgive. It contains a fair share of good laughs; and Spade, for the moment, becomes the new hero to all of us thin, wirey, smart-mouthed guys with bad hair who would do ANYTHING for the right woman....

Slightly "Lost"

Author: Brian Orndorf from Phoenix
18 April 1999

This is David Spade's big jump to leading roles after his newfound success on the TV show `Just Shoot Me'. That show alone has given Spade a new throng of fans. Fans that have come to adore a lovable, but defanged Spade. For those of us who are addicted to `Saturday Night Live', you may come away from `Lost' a little lost yourself. While this film is tailored made for the predictable snarkiness and cynicism that is Spade's humor, I was shocked to be sitting through probably the most vanilla film in the last 10 years.

There isn't much of a pulse to `Lost', in fact, without Spade, there isn't much going on at all in this comedy. David Spade, who co-wrote this, does a fine acting job. I would consider him one of the five comedians who can make me laugh when they say just about anything. He mixes his usual one-liners with minor attempts at range and depth. Amazingly, he does make an effective romantic leading man. Sophie Marceau, who plays the love interest, uses her Sheena like mane of hair and a tiny bit of California sun to make the sexiest impression from an actress since Catherine Zeta-Jones blazed across the screen in `Mask Of Zorro'. She brings her bag of cutes with her as well. I found it really funny to watch this French actress try to get her lips around some of Spade's jokes. I'm betting Marceau doesn't have a clue what she's saying. She does make a pleasant couple with Spade, it's just too bad the film adheres so much to the weak plot. I could have watched a film of just both actors playing off each other. With a running time about 20 minutes too long, you would think they're would be more scenes of that. No luck. Director Jeff Pollack doesn't bring much to the table here. With boring locations, uninteresting camerawork, and a poorly selected supporting cast (with Artie Lang blatantly in the Chris Farley role), he cannot bring much life to `Lost And Found'. Add to that the aforementioned plot that stops the film dead when the movie remembers to stick to it. I love Spade to death, and this film is charming and very funny at times. But next opportunity, he should make a hard R rated comedy that takes no prisoners. The Spade in `Lost' just isn't the Spade that makes me pee my pants with delight.----------- 7

Beautiful

Author: Lauren from San Jose, Califormia
18 April 1999

That movie was hilarious. I walked out of the theatre laughing so hard. Definitely the best David Spade film. I love David Spade, Patrick Bruel, and Sophie Marceau. They are all so wonderful.

Dreadful

Author: Cedric_Catsuits from United Kingdom
6 May 2006

I struggled to stay awake through this, and felt like most of the cast appeared - bored, dis-interested and dying to be somewhere else. Spade is hopeless as a leading man, and is neither funny nor convincing as an actor - and bordering on criminal as a singer. Possibly one of the worse performances I've ever seen. Apart from Marceau looking pretty this film has nothing to commend it at all. Why on earth an actor of the calibre of Martin Sheen got involved in this is quite beyond me. Even the dog had that "what am I doing here, I'm better than this" expression on it's face.

There is nothing in the world that could be worse than having to sit through this, so do yourself a favour and don't.

Page 4 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]