IMDb > Rush Hour (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Rush Hour

Rush Hour More at IMDbPro »

Page 21 of 33: [Prev][16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [Next]

Woohoo!

Author: Peter Lumb (berekuk@aol.com) from Bucks, England
13 December 1998

This has to be one of the funniest duos since Bad Boys. Both Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan were great. I think the film was everything they wanted it to be. Loose on plot, quirky team up, good fight scenes and most of all, a great laugh. I'd give it 10 just for the entertainment value. Everyone with me now...

"WAR! HUH! What is good for?! Absolutely nothin'!!"

Slow down !

Author: Rash from London, England
9 December 1998

The film is definitely Jackie's best effort in Hollywood and is watchable. For a diehard Chan fan (ahem) like myself I didn't see anything new from his Hong Kong films but I enjoyed his more subtle, yet still hyper-active, role.

I gave it a seven because half way through I didn't feel like getting up and leaving. The storyline was bog standard but was helped along the way with huge helpings of Chris Tucker. Soon we will all become tired of Chris' brand of shouting through a fight scene, but for now he is very funny.

Go and see it now.

A great action "buddy, buddy" film

Author: Cressida Delbridge (diana.delbridge@btinternet.com) from London, England
9 December 1998

I've always liked Jackie Chan movies. I'm not especially a martial arts/kung fu movie fan but there's something about Jackie Chan that shines to the max in this film. When I'd read that Chris Tucker his partner in this movie was a wannabe Eddie Murphy with an annoyingly twangy high-pitched voice I must say I was put off a bit but I went to see it regardless and.......It's EXCELLENT, Jackie Chan's best 'Hollywood' film by far. Chris Tucker is not an Eddie Murphy wannabe, he's just the next generation Eddie Murphy. And don't forget you have that with everything. Matt Damon is supposed to be the next Brad Pitt, Matthew Mcwhatsit! (From A Time to Kill and Contact) is supposed to be the next Paul Newman, Skeet Ulrich is the new Johnny Depp, Neve Campbell is a young endangered Jamie Lee Curtis and of course the new generation brat packers (Christina Ricci, Tobey Maguire, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Love Hewitt etc) but back to the movie it's quite a simple plot Jackie Chan a cop in Hong Kong runs some dangerous gangstas out of Hong Kong to America. There they kidnap the daughter of the Chinese Diplomat. He sends over his trusted Cop Chan to cover the case and the FBI wanting full control of the case get a local LA cop to "babysit" Chan In comes Tucker and the two themselves after a shaky (but funny) start decide to bust the case themselves with hilarious results. This is a superb film to watch and the fight sequences are amazing as usual when you have Jackie Chan on board. This is a great film to watch if you haven't seen Jackie Chan yet. And for the truly devoted Chan fans there are the usual hysterical out-takes at the end when the credits are rolling. Go and see it now, you won't be disappointed

Much better than you might think!

Author: Lee Turbard from Colchester, England
3 December 1998

At first the thought of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker teamed up for a (relatively) big budget no-brain action film sounded scary....but it's so much fun you've forgotten all your doubts by the end of the opening credits and Jackie's first salvo of moves! Sit back, enjoy - and make sure you stay for the out-takes on the end credits!

Chan and Tucker make an amazing duo!

Author: Vid-3 from Virginia, USA
20 November 1998

The tagline of "Rush Hour" was "The fastest hands in the East meets the biggest mouth in the West". And it was true. Jackie Chan, the wizard of martial arts with some of the greatest moves in martial arts history always was a great fighter in bad movies. He always was a little short of having a really good movie. Chris Tucker on the other hand hasn't had the best career. From his debut in House Party 3 in 1994 up to Money Talks in 1997 his career hasn't been all that great. Then when brought together in Rush Hour...they suddenly become a amazing duo! First of all Tucker is amazingly funny with his odd high voice, slick comebacks and his oddball dancing. As for Chan he puts the Action in this movie with his slick fighting, his hot shot stunts and Chan even throws some comedy out there such as "We can chill in my crib. I will show you my hood" which is so funny in his accent. Chan and Tucker become great friends and stick togheter to try to recapture a daughter of a rich Chinese man. Also the movie features a cameo from the star of the musical Footloose, Chris Penn. From Tucker's jokes, dancing and surprisingly good action moves to Chan's lighting quick moves and stunts, Rush Hour is one the of the funniest movies in 1998 and for sure will boost Chris Tucker's career to better roles. As many critics said "Rush to Rush Hour!"

chris tucker is eddie murphy in the coming

Author: jmac 78 from bronx, ny
11 November 1998

this movie was good, a 7 on my scale.chris tucker is so funny, he makes you laugh till you are blue in the face. he has the potential to be one of the funniest men. i see eddie murphy, but funnier when i see chris. in his movie "Money Talks", he was so funny and original. he had a small part in "The Fifth Elemrnt, but showed he can still be funny. this movie is different because jackie chan is not funny, but they try too hard to make him comedian, just like they tried to make charlie sheen a comedian in money talks with Tucker. Chris Tucker belongs with actors/actresses who are funny, who sound funny and who can grab the audiences attention.

FBI Watch out!

Author: spider-20 from Los Angeles, CA
5 November 1998

My favorite scene was the whole movie!

Comments on a funny movie

Author: Marian from USA
2 November 1998

This was a hysterically funny movie. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life at a movie. Since I heard about it, I thought it might be interesting combining the physical comedy of Jackie Chan and the loudmouth hysteria of Chris Tucker. They WERE the movie. If there was just a movie about these two sitting in a room for an hour and a half, it would still be funny. The jokes they got on each other were extremely witty.

The funniest movie ever

Author: kilakenE from El Cerrito, California
24 October 1998

This is the funniest movie I have ever seen! Chris Tucker does a great job with his racial slur lines. He manages to make them funny, yet not offend anybody. Jackie Chan sounds a little awkward with his English, but that's okay. There could have been a little more martial arts fighting in the movie, but the comedy makes up for it. I give it a 10

Decent entertainment, carried by Chan's antics

Author: stickler
21 October 1998

This was an enjoyable action flick. The basic plot is pretty thin, and the dialogue is nothing to write home about -- but who sees a Jackie Chan movie for those? Chris Tucker was a pleasant surprise; I was afraid that he would be blown off the screen by Chan, but he (mostly with the help of his motor-mouth chatter) seems to hold his own. Chan also stretches a little, as his cop actually has an emotional investment in solving this kidnapping. And the stunts, as usual, are incredible -- especially the last one.