From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter
Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Actually, I thought it was pretty cool

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
22 March 2008

When I saw the first From Dusk Till Dawn film, I thought it was very cool and an awesome movie. Then I had the experience of the second From Dusk Till Dawn movie, and oh, wow, I don't even wanna talk about it, it wasn't horrible, but compared to the first From Dusk Till Dawn movie, it was pretty bad. But when I saw the sequel for rent From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter, my boyfriend had said the third one wasn't as bad, so I figured to give it a shot. Now despite some over the top cheesiness, it was a good time to watch. We sometimes need the gore, especially when it comes to vampires, I love the romantic vampire films, but sometimes you need the good scare and gore. From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter will not disappoint on that part and I think this was the better sequel.

Johnny is an outlaw/murderer who is about to be hanged, but is saved by an admirer, he saves the hangman's daughter, Esmerelda. Together they ride off, the admirer, a girl, Reece, who wants to learn his techniques, but she's stupid enough to go under his wing and pays for it. Another group, Ambrose, John, and Mary, are robbed and are left to the desert. But they all end up meeting in the same spot, at the bar where they are open from dusk until dawn with hungry vampires.

From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter is actually a very cool film. I was pretty impressed with how it was scary and gory, the story was decent enough. The only thing I thought was a little silly was when the vampire says to Mary "let's dance" or something like that, it was unbelievable a little out of character. But the last scene with the vampires was very cool and had some awesome deaths. But I won't give anything away. Just trust me, this is a good sequel.

All in all, quite an impressive piece of work.

Author: cappados from London, England
15 March 2007

After seeing the PATHETIC From Dusk Til Dawn 2, wasn't expecting much , but I was pleasantly surprised. I won't spoil the movie for anyone but this story (which is actually the prequel to the excellent original From Dusk Til Dawn) is well written and well directed. Great production values, very interesting characters, decent plot, ASTONISHING action sequences.

And WHAT A CAST! Michael Parks is amazing as Ambrose Bierce, Temura Morrison is terrifying as the Hangman--and then you've got Marco Leonardi, Sonya Braga, Rebecca Gayheart, and Orlando Jones! All in all, quite an impressive piece of work.

A 100 times better than the previous movie.

Author: John Taylor (jdtaylor1968@btopenworld.com) from Bedfordshire, England
6 October 2002

You know, this film aint too bad at all! this is an entertaining horror flick that returns to the quality of the first film and away from the pure drivel of the second movie. this is set in the past and we see the Vampire club as it was in the past. Like the first movie in this we see no monster action for the first half and pure blood sucking gore for the entire second half of the film. This not to say the first half is poor because it isn't. Again like the first movie the first half is different yet very watchable.

The acting is very good and the special affect are ok if not spectacular.The story is hardly ground breaking but at times this is very funny and in the moments when it was supposed to be, not like in the second movie when it was funny when they were trying to be serious! An above average horror that is hard not to like. 7 out of 10.

if you HAVE to see these characters again, see this one

Author: captbruce from USA
13 November 2000

I have a problem with the whole fact of Rodriguez and Tarantino doing a sequel, let alone sequels, of a highly original, totally off-the-wall movie like From Dusk Til Dawn. But where #2, "Texas Blood Money," was a waste of film, #3 "The Hangman's Daughter" is the ONLY one they should've attempted. It tells the story of Salma Hayek's character in the first one and actually has a plot, good acting, lasts just long enough and has enough content to be entertaining and not exhausting. I also want to add that Ara Celi is a GREAT substitution for Salma cause she is just as FINE! :)

The movie does suffer from some of the hokey tricks that plagued Texas Blood Money and is campy, but that's half the appeal of these types of movies. They're not Shakespeare, they're to entertain...and bringing back Michael Parks was a stroke of genius and if you want to see how diverse an actor he is, watch this movie and the first moments of the original where he's featured. If you're jonezing to revisit some old friends at the Titty Twister saloon, rent this one and TOTALLY AVOID the second sequel.

Better than #2

Author: F_Jenkins from la
21 January 2000

At least this film was better than the second sequel to "From Dusk Till Dawn." The casting is a little better (whereas the second one had a poor cast, bad writing and direction) here, although it seems Michael Parks was still wasted, spending most of his time drunk, stumbling from one situation to the next. This film is basically a remake of the first, only situated in the 19th century. The problem with it is that you don't care about anyone in this film. In the first film, Clooney was interesting. No one here is. They're all unlikeable thugs and if they get killed by vampires, you really don't care. The direction here is far better than the second one. You can see the Rodriguez influence. There is humor in the film, references to other films, but unfortunately, they don't really fit. If this was a theatrical release, I'd have to say to miss it. But as a video, it's a good Friday night second feature.

Wants more than it delivers

Author: Fredrik Carlsson from Sweden
14 April 2007

However, what it delivers isn't a little.

The prelude, if you will, actually lasts the majority of the movie. The horror doesn't start until very late. Until then it's a violent western tale to be told. And if there was time and money on this project I think it could have delivered a whole lot more.

Still doesn't measure up to the first movie, but was a whole lot better than the second one. Besides, Western/Vampire Horror Movie isn't something you see every day and it earns points just for that.

I definitely recommend this movie, it's not about to change your world, but it's different enough to be entertaining and imaginative enough to be interesting.

Why Ambrose Bierce?

Author: Gregorso from United States
17 July 2009

What everyone seems to be missing is the significance of Ambrose Bierce. He's a real 19th century author, and the film takes it's title from one of his books. He's best known for the classic twist at the end of "Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge". (It was made into an episode of the original Twilight Zone.) This film hints a few times that a similar twist will take place... but it never does. Why is there no payoff after building up the Bierce character with so much historical detail? Anyway, the film is not bad, which is surprising, considering that they just rewrote the script from the first film into a Old Western setting.

Bierce's story "The Damned Thing" was produced as an episode of Showtime's "Masters of Horror."

An interesting second sequel. I was impressed.

Author: Aphex97 from Nether Realm
14 April 2001

After seeing the mediocre (at best) From Dusk Til Dawn 2, I was not expecting much from the 2nd sequel, but I was pleasantly surprised. I won't spoil the movie for anyone but this story (which is actually the prequel to the excellent original From Dusk Til Dawn) is well written and well directed. Good production values, very interesting and likeable characters, decent plot, nice action sequences, and a few good twists make this one a winner.

My rating: 7/10 - Good with few flaws.

Not as good as the first...but a hell of a lot better then the second!!!

Author: Nathan Egilsson (egs@beer.com)
29 December 2000

After Watching From Dusk Till Dawn, i fell in love with the movie. I couldn't wait till the sequels came out! I didn't even mind the fact that they where being released to video, because the first one was so great, they couldnt possibly screw up! That was until i saw From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money. There where only a few entertaining parts in that film, and when i saw a few...i truley mean it! I thought they wouldnt even release the third installment after how horrible the second one was. But luckily they did! Hangmans Daughter is a far superior film compared to the Texas Blood Money. Sure this film does not surpass its original, but i will amdit for a sequel it is a good film. The cinematography is amazing, and the characters are well acted. I think the story is very entertaining, and explains things about the first film, which i thought was interesting! Its just the way this film shot, that makes it diffrent from the first and especially the second! And definatly as one person stated Rodriquze really did have his hands on this film! Some of the style does remind you of his earlier work!

All in all, a good film, that doesn't surpass the first...but as a film on its own its a good film, with style! Rent it if you have some spare time! But just make sure you like From Dusk Till Dawn, or you might not enjoy this film as much!

"You're a monster!"

Author: lost-in-limbo from the Mad Hatter's tea party.
14 August 2010

Just like the previous sequel, the third entry of the "From Dusk till Dawn" franchise would be another quickly produced straight-to-video sequel that would be somewhat a prequel to the original film. While I didn't think the second entry was as bad that it's usually made out to be, however "Hangman's Daughter" is still a definite improvement over "Texas Blood Money". In a way it kind of plays out more similar to the original, only this time the carnage is set in the early 1900s (where the Old West was coming to an end) to be finally played out once again in the seamy Mexican tavern that harbours blood-gushing surprises for its guests. For most part this horror western comedy is very well executed, as it's brashly pieced with its admirably crafted make-up FX, slickly directed for its low-scale budget and colourfully acted. The sweeping camera has scope framing the moody, sunbaked landscapes and story dramatics with constant flair with that spaghetti western brutality shinning through. It wears its influences quite proudly too. The mellow story starts of episodic --- focusing on an Civil war hero looking to long for some cause while on the other side is an infamous outlaw with a hypnotic runaway beauty whose father (a hangman) follows their trail. But the two while crossing paths during stages, eventually come to be one when they encounter an orgy of alcohol, sexuality and blood at a desolate inn that just happens to be home for the blood-sucking kind. Strangely enough while nasty and kinetic, I thought it became tiring when the survivors of the feeding work together despite their differences and try to fend off the vampires, as I thought the initial build-up was interestingly offbeat with its dry humour and lasting bite despite the systematic staples. Michael Park's wry character Ambrose Bierce is a fascinating one, as he pretty much soaks it up with little effort in which doing so emits an ambiguously tainted air about him. Marco Leonardi is quite a live-wire as the outlaw Johnny Madrid and his combination with the lovely, if pouty Ara Celi comes off. Temuera Morrison provides aggression and then Lennie Loftin and Rebecca Gayheart give out that twitchy energy as a married religious couple. In support is modest turns by Sonia Braga (who looks great!), Jordana Spiro, Orlando Jones and an always worthwhile Danny Trejo.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]