IMDb > Half Baked (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Half Baked

Half Baked More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 17: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Quite the surprise!

Author: bellini97 from New Jersey
6 August 2001

I was expecting this movie to suck, but I ended up laughing quite a bit. Dave Chappelle was funny, Jim Breuer was better than I expected, and Guillermo Diaz, a guy I never heard of until I saw this movie, had the best lines and seemed to be channeling Cheech in some scenes. Funny cameos, especially Jon Stewart. All of the scenes with the dog were hilarious! A passibly funny guilty pleasure- either **1/2 or *** out of ****.

I can think of 5 good reasons I SHOULD hate this movie

Author: (weenjive227@aol.com) from Cincinnati, Ohio
30 July 2001

But I don't hate it. This movie looked so stupid to me. when i saw the trailers for it i thought it would be one of the worst movies ever. I avoided watching this movie till just the other day. Some stupid kid told me i should rent it. and knowing that he likes bad movies i should have just said no. But he was right. it is a good movie. well maybe this movie didnt make me a better person, or give me insite into an unknown realm. and I hate movies geared towards teens, and yes this movie makes smoking pot look cool to the young people of america. knowing all that i really didnt want to like this movie, but i found it hard NOT to laugh at this movie. This movie should suck, but it doesnt.

Weed and the good trips you get from it!

Author: arjan (arjanbeemster) from Holland
4 July 2001

The movie "Half baked" is one of the movies you gotto see when you like movies as " Biodome, Bill and Ted's excellent adventure, Wayne's world, et cetera".

It's about a couple of guys that started smoking dope when they were kids. 15 years later they're still smoking and low on cash. to refill their money pouches, they decide to start there own weed transport and delivery company. And that is going to be the feeding ground of lots and lots of good jokes and situations.

A.J.

Funny funny funny

Author: magis_velim from Longmont, CO USA
19 June 2001

What can add to the comments here? The cameos were great (especially Snoop Dogg's) and Dave Chapelle is one of my favorite stand-up comedians who actually bearable to watch as an actor. The descriptions of the different kinds of smokers is classic! The ending is disappointing -- but you know the every single comedy movie released in the last 20 years wasn't -- but you what? You don't watch these kinds of movies for their dramatic unities! The stuff that happens a long the way is what's funny. One of the best parts of the movie happens where Jim Breuer is explaining the real story why their pit bull Killer is dead. Hilarious! Rent it now!

A new cult classic - whether you're straight or stoned...

Author: Lone Wolf (cbaile@msaa.com)
30 May 2001

I saw Half Baked when it first opened in the theatre... I'm a big Dave Chappelle and Jon Stewart fan, plus I enjoy the old Cheech and Chong movies. I wasn't just delighted or pleasantly surprised by this Gen X drug comedy - I was enthralled!

Half Baked is one of the funniest movies I've seen in the last 10 years. The main cast is solid and very funny, but the cameos are the best part of the movie. Not many people know that Bob Saget's stand-up routine is so filthy that it would melt their children's ears off! He gets to bring some of that to the screen as a recovering drug addict. (won't ruin the joke - it has to be heard to be believed). A far cry from that god-awful Full House! Jon Stewart is even funnier as the "enhancement" smoker... a running joke with me and my friends to this day. I'd love to go see the Daily Show and ask Jon if he ever did the show... ON WEED! Snoop Dogg, Stephen Baldwin, Willie Nelson, Janeane Garofalo (my goddess!), Tommy Chong, and Steven Wright all make appearences and are equally hillarious!

Sure... a lot of the jokes are pretty juvenile and the movie's message "I love weed, but I love pussy MORE!" isn't exactly PC, but if you're ignorant enough to rent a movie like this thinking that it won't have jokes about weed, getting laid, gay jailhouse sex, more weed, overdosing a diabetic police horse, and weed, then you deserve to lose your $3.50 and should have rented something nice and pretentious.

If you like Animal House, Cheech and Chong, and/or Dazed and Confused, give this movie a chance. I can pretty much guarantee you'll want to watch it over and over again.

Hilarious

Author: starsaturn33 from why do you wanna know?
28 May 2001

This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. And it's not just because I love Jim Breur. I usually don't like these movies but in this case, I have to make an exception. This movie is hilarious. Especially when Thurgood is shouting, "I got some booty, I got some booty!"

See it just for Bob Saget's cameo!

Author: Matt Hewitt
28 May 2001

Half Baked is hilarious. Three stoned friends become "fund-raisers" when they decide to sell weed to get a friend out of jail. Every part of the movie will make you roll on the floor laughing, pounding your bleeding fists onto the carpet. See it just for Bob Saget's and Willie Nelson's cameos.

This movie was so funny my sides were hurting.

Author: tsw004 from London, England
6 March 2001

Anyone who sees this film and thinks it's not funny has obviously had a personality bypass, either that or they just need to lighten up! This film was not supposed to have a plot really. The plot (that which there is) is just an excuse for some hilarious scenes which will have you rolling around on the floor with laughter. The guy on the sofa, the scene where the Cuban guy quits his fast food job, the eight doller date, the old hippie guy bangin' on about the old days, Sir Smoke-a-lot, it's all proper funny from start to finish. And as for the anti-cannabis evangalists saying this film is a bad influence? Get a grip on reality, like Thurgood says 'Yeah sure Cannabis is a gateway drug...........a gateway to more junk food mostly! Watch this with a few friends and I promise you'll be p***ing yourself with laughter. Up there in my top ten along with Withnail and I, Quadraphenia and Pulp Fulp Fiction.

Funniest movie

Author: (comedian4444) from USA
29 November 2000

When I first heard of this movie I thought it would just be another stupid movie, but then I saw and it is the funniest movie. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack it was so funny. If you don't see this you don't know what your missing A MUST SEE

Laughed my butt off!!

Author: gibby75 from Ohio, USA
11 September 2000

I read an anonymous posting that absolutely shredded this movie and couldn't believe it. I personally thought Half Baked was hilarious, as have most all my friends. I don't expect EVERYONE to like it, especially those looking for very cerebral/high humor, but most will. If you just want to enjoy a good laugh and simply be entertained, I definitely suggest this movie. I laughed pretty much non-stop from the beginning of the movie all the way to the end. And you don't need to know someone who's smoked pot or want to smoke it yourself for it to be funny, as some have asserted...it's simply a funny movie. I will say this though, if you've ever known anyone who HAS smoked pot, then the movie moves from hilarious into the realm of your stomach and jaw aching from laughing so much and so hard.