IMDb > Half Baked (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 16 of 17: [Prev][11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

not too international

Author: imdb-2965 from Zürich, Switzerland
10 January 2004

Well, the problem with this is, that some things are only funny if you're living in a prohibitive society. That's also why europeans don't think "American Pie" is terribly funny. "Half Baked" has the same problem. It's just not so much fun to watch people act funny in public, because they don't want anybody to know they're smoking pot, while here most probably everyone will tell you freely (if) he's smoking pot -- it's just not a big deal. The first maybe 30 minutes are quite Ok, but then it started getting painful to watch. So I'd give this the label "not suited for non-US citizens".

Half Done

Author: GPeoples from Atlanta
23 October 2003

Though Dave Chappelle is my favorite comedian, this movie was weak. The story line non existent, the supporting cast- sorry (except for that fine sista Rachael True). I liked the play on words with True's movie name Mary Jane Potman. Chappelle's stand up in HBO's comedy half hour is classic but this film does him no justice. Stupid flick that you should not waste your rental bucks on. Wait to watch it on cable if you can take it. 3/10

Makes Pauly Shore look like an intellectual titan

Author: Bill Cernansky from USA, Earth
13 July 2000

Apparently, it's funny just to smoke, sell, and talk about smoking marijuana, because that's all that happens in this film.

I will say that Jim Breuer does an amazing job of acting like he's stoned on weed. He must know the same guys I knew when I was in school, because he nails them to a T. Unfortunately that doesn't sell this movie. I don't know what would, unless the only other movie showing is "Barney".

16-year-old kids love this movie. One of the dumbest things I've ever sat through.

Terrible. Terrible.

Author: JRGTrek from Iowa.
6 April 1999

First of all how could they call this a comedy, it's not funny. It was just plain stupid. It had no plot and was stupid from beginning to end. Nobody with an I.Q. above 70 would care about the characters. Without a doubt, probably the worst movie ever in the existence of the world. If there were a 0, I'd give it that. Worse than The Postman.

Possibly the worst movie in existence.

Author: Fletch f. Fletch from atlanta GA
31 May 2000

Many other notable movies have gotten the Fletch F. Fletch 1 rating. Some classics include: Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, Spaced Invaders, Westside Story, and the unforgettable Mangler. However, Half-Baked by far takes the cake with its non-existent plot, horrible script and lines, invisible acting performances, and its obnoxious focus on pop-culture. In summation, this movie is ridiculous, arrogant, ignorant, uneducated, superficial, hypocritical, and altogether, absolutely, without a doubt, question, or reservation, a waste of film, time, money, life, existence, mass, matter, anti-matter, positrons, God, Allah, Buddha and anything else which might have the slightest possibility, in some far out reality or dimension of space and time, of being insignificantly notable

dumb!!!

Author: Tempest-2 from Illinois
24 August 1998

This was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was not at all funny.

A stoner's movie... need to be stoned to try and enjoy!

Author: Robin Cunningham (redbreast777@yahoo.ca) from Canada
8 November 2003

Cheech and Chong had some good lines and were social commentary of the day. This is a fourth rate take-off with no redeeming value. The gags, such as they are, are old and tired; the acting is poor; the premise is ridiculous. Try watching that old Indian movie - oh yah - that was the test pattern.

Yet another pot movie

Author: BelgianJoris
14 August 2003

Yet another pot movie. Although some pot movies are really funny and some others even have more to offer than just pure laughs, this one just gives you some laughs, but not enough to make it worth watching. The plot is ridiculous, which doesn't have to be a bad thing, but in this case, it is. Instead of watching this movie, just spend five minutes with some weed smoking friends and use the (about) 70 minutes you saved on something fun. Yet, when you're high, go ahead and watch this movie, I guess it will be better, but even then there are better movies to watch.

horrible

Author: Rachel Miranda (penggal@aol.com)
19 May 1999

This by far was the worst movie i have ever seen, in my entire life! I really don't recommend it unless if you are like one of the characters and can relate!

now I know why the fast forward button was invented

Author: Kris Vee from Hungary
23 November 2006

I wasn't expecting the movie of my life but my expectations were somewhat above what half baked had to "offer" in the end. This movie is probably the most infantile film ever made on any topic. Seriously, it's a "weed" movie for 6 year olds which is a bit of paradox.

The only (and I mean ONLY) worthy character is Dave Chapelle. Everyone else is constrained and simply awful. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the theme itself, but the lack of a decent dialogue, a punch line and a script is reason enough to dub this movie: a waste of time money and space.

Some people compared Half Baked to F. Gary Gray's: Friday (which is a brilliant film). I wouldn't put them in the same video store. I'm really amazed how they got funding for it in the first place.

Page 16 of 17: [Prev][11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]