IMDb > Half Baked (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 12 of 17: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

THE FUNNIEST WEED MOVIE EVER

Author: anonymous from texas
13 August 1998

Half Baked is the absolute funniest movie ever made on the subject of weed. Sober or stoned, I could not stop laughing. My friends and I have watched it at least 5 times, and it still manages to maintain its hilarity. The most quotable movie since Pulp Fiction. An absolute must see for anyone, pothead or not. This movie is the "shiznittle-bam-snip-snap-sack!" Ever see Half Baked? Ever see half baked... on weed?

Weed addicts try to get their friend out of jail, by selling weed.

Author: Chris Hauck (sptsjunkie@aol.com) from California
11 August 1998

As the movies enhancement smoker would say " Have you ever written a movie? Have you ever written a movie while smoking weed?" This movie was so bizzare and trippy that it's writers must have been high on something, and low on intelligence, when they wrote it. It was mildly entertaining, but not that funny. Besides a laugh here and there and a few fun guest stars, there was not much in this movie worth watching. However, David Chappelle did give a good performance as the narrator/smartest of the four friends.

On a scale of 1-20, Half Baked gets a strong 6.

I always knew about Bob Saget

Author: Josh (sacsmac@aol.com) from California
10 August 1998

I thought Half Baked was a hilarious movie...the only grudge I have is that it was so short...Jim Breuer stole the show as far as I'm concerned...& I always knew about Bob Saget...hehehe

I have to admit I did laugh a lot... however

Author: Cablebot3000 from United States
19 August 2008

OK, to state the obvious: yes, this movie is funny, it will make you laugh a lot. However as funny as it may be is it is extremely crude and crass, and makes pot look like a everyday normal activity. I find Dave Chappelle to be funny, but usually just offensive. Thats how it is with this movie. I did laugh, but I found it to promote a lot of shallow wants and make light of serious subjects. Of course, a lot of movies do that, but this seemed to have the message that "its OK, and its fun". I am someone who stays away from drugs (and obviously it is individual as to whether or not someone does drugs), and therefore I found the movie to be negative towards any redeeming scenes. If fact, there really are no redeeming factors in it. But, each their own. I recommend if you like stoner comedies or dave chappelle (and if you do this movie is right up your alley). I rate this 6/10. Rated R for pervasive drug content, language, nudity and sexual material

People who didn't like this movie are sad people

Author: toraptorsfan from Canada
9 June 2006

If you didn't like this movie, I feel sorry for you. You must not have watched it with friends or you just can't laugh because your sad inside. The "average" happy person will love this movie and see it for what it is. To the rest what do you find funny? I would really like to know. You don't have to be a stoner to like this movie. It has quite a few of the greatest comics of that time. I went through all pages of the comments and about 5 people said they hated this movie. The only reason I can see why is that they lead a very boring existence. So I say lighten up and try and laugh and enjoy your life, you only live once. Don't live your life serious, you begin to get unhappy. A movie for people who are happy fun loving people. All and all great movie. A classic to watch and chill with friends

One of the funniest movies ever made.

Author: TheEtherWalk from Canada
29 October 2003

Dave Chapelle stars in this stoner comedy about, well, stoners. He is a great comedian and this is one of my favorite movies.

Chapelle plays Thurgood the narrator, a pothead who works in the 'custodial arts' at a pharmaceutical company. Him and his friends Scarface, Brian and Kenny have been potheads since the 8th grade. Naturally they're all brain-dead morons, especially Brian who delivers some of the funniest lines in the whole movie.

The supporting cast includes Harland Williams as the hilarious Kenny. Kenny gets put in jail and fears for his anal cavities. Every scene with this guy is hysterical, and as he descends into madness, the situation becomes desperate.

The rest of the gang decide to sell pot to bail Kenny out of jail, but they must deal with a ruthless dope dealer, who wants a piece of their business. Thurgood becomes involved with a girl named Mary Jane, (jokes about her name abound) and has to hide his pot addiction from her.

This movie is full of celebrity cameos like Bob Saget (don't worry, he only has one line and it's hilarious), John Stewart, Janeane Garofolo, Stephen Baldwin and comedian Steven Wright as 'The Guy on the Couch'. Lots of stoner hilarity and campy effects. A must-see.

Have you ever seen Half Baked?

Author: Derek Gee (poetre) from Maryland
29 July 2003

Have you ever seen half baked on weed? This was the most hilarious and completely blatant weed movie since the Cheech and Chong adventures. Great camoes from some of todays stars and it makes you wonder...how many of those people are actually closet weed heads.

I have seen this film, I have been moved by this filmed, I have rolled it up, and smoked it...

Author: maffelu from Lund, Sweden
30 April 2003

Halfbaked is one of the funniest films I have ever seen. I must have seen it more then 20 times now. The concept of the movies is great. Four guys live their life by smoking pot and try to work. One of them, a kindergarten teacher one day goes to the local store to get crackers and snacks for their munchies. When he's done shopping, he meets a cop-horse outside, and he feeds it some of the food. The horse, being a diabetic dies, and he is convicted with murdering a cop. This is the plot. Now the other three guys must get him out before he loses his rectal virginity, and the bail is for 1 milion dollars. Can they sell enough pot? Can they???

Well, see it, it's hysterical, in some part I laughed so much that I cried.

This movie is the worst movie EVER!!

Author: desje from Netherlands
5 December 2001

Ok. You love the song "Because I got high" by Afroman? You like the video? Then you'll like this movie. It's all about getting high, weed, smoking, and a little bit of a story line. Three friends are trying to get their other friend out of jail. And they're trying that to sell weed. Weak story, stupid jokes, bad actors. I think I give it 2 out of ten.

Potheads unite!

Author: Mr Parker (spookyscribe@yahoo.com) from New York City
12 February 2001

This movie has to be seen to be believed. There's some really funny stuff here, folks. It takes a certain kind of person to fully appreciate this flick. If you've never "talked to Samson", you might not appreciate this movie. Pay attention to the set and costume design. The main characters' apartment looks.... ok just check it out for yourself. This movie has some great cameos and the characters are all hilarious, especially my main man Scarface. He is early '80's hip hop personified. Some of the jokes aren't too funny after a second viewing but there's some classic stuff in there. Clarence Williams III? He's in here. Willie Nelson? He's yours for a sec with some hilarious quips. Watch with an open mind.... (wink wink nudge nudge). Personal favorite line: "F--- you, f--- you, f--- you, you're cool, f--- you, I'm out!" *** out of *****.

Page 12 of 17: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]