IMDb > Dirty Work (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Dirty Work

Dirty Work More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 12: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

Hilarious, and I hope you find it offensive

Author: Mitch Weaver
26 February 2000

Norm MacDonald is a true comic genius. If love politically incorrect humor, flatulence humor, or insult humor like I do, than you will love this movie. If you don't, well then, "keep your distance there, Liberace." Dirty Work is the funniest no-holds-barred comedy of the century.

P.S Don Rickles and Chevy Chase have great small roles in this movie.

Brilliant!

Author: Andy26 from Toronto
23 January 2000

Okay, it wasn't brilliant, but Norm is an underrated genius!

Let's face it though, he's not likeable enough for most people. For that I think he's going to have to settle for the same roles as Chris Elliot. Talented as hell, but not friendly and sweet enough to carry a picture.

Norm MacDonald is the king.

Author: Josh153 (cubanb153@hotmail.com) from Maryland
17 January 2000

Dirty Work is absolutely hilarious. Norm MacDonald's biting wit makes this movie a must see. OK, the plot may be a bit contrived, but what it lacks in believability it more than makes up for with hilarious bits and insanely funny characters. Factor in the bonus of the late, great, Chris Farley (quite the scene stealer) and the lovely Traylor Howard and you have the equation for good comedy. Watch it with your friends and have gags and catch phrases a plenty for years to come.

Excellent!

Author: Sam-146 from champion city, usa
26 November 1999

Norm MacDonald and his friends team up for the funniest film of all time. Yes folks Mel Brooks has met his match. Chris Farley's last movie, Rebecca Romjin, and tons of snlers all in one movie. Rent this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pleasant surprise

Author: wishbone-2 from virginia
2 September 1999

I thought Dirty Work was a pleasant surprise and I think it did not get as much credit as desevered. Norm Macdonald plays a life time loser and is best friend's (who he lives with) father jack warden needs needs a new heart so they decide to open a revenge for higher business called dirty work, where they do peoples dirty work for money.also starring chevy chase,john goodman,chris farley.

Fun for kids of all ages

Author: Cox813 from New Jersey. The ENTIRE state!
12 August 1999

Dirty Work is without question, the absolute funniest movie I've ever seen in my entire life. Yeah, it may not be a particularly smart movie, but who cares about that? Movies are made to entertain, and this one managed to do that with me. Special props go to Jack Warden and Chevy Chase, two old timers who prove they can get the job done. I never thought I'd see the day Jack Warden talked endlessly about whores in a movie, and quite frankly, I hope to hear him talk of whores again soon. So go see Dirty Work...I give it my absolute highest recommendation. 10+

Intelligent viewers steer clear

Author: Sam-205 from Wyoming, Canada
7 June 1999

This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my entire life. And to all those smart, intellectual viewers who try to make sense out of they're laughing at, don't watch this one, but for the rest of you, enjoy another great SNL comedy.

I feared the worst and got the best!!

Author: uscbrt from los Angeles
29 May 1999

I had great fear for this film. I'm not a Bob Saget fan, he drove me crazy on Full House and made me want to hurl on America's funniest home videos. Yet, this movie made me laugh till I couldn't breathe.

I don't care who says otherwise, this movie is good.

Author: anonymous
15 May 1999

Okay, first of all this movie is stupid. Second of all, I love every bit of it. Come on people, if you are so snobbish that you cannot even laugh at something that is funny and stupid, then you need to stick your head in a hole and never take it out. Stupidity is what makes comedy great. As long as a comedy is entertaining then it's good in my book. I give this movie an A.

A movie about a revenge for hire business and the lengths people will go to get it.

Author: anonymous from Yardville, NJ
21 March 1999

I can honestly say that I have never laughed more or harder at a movie than I have while watching Dirty Work. I thought it was truly the funniest movie I have ever seen. I own a copy and I've seen it several times. I just cannot say enough how funny I thought this was.

Page 9 of 12: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]