IMDb > Touch Me (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Nice showcase for Amanda Peet

Author: rduchmann from United States
31 May 2000

Young actress learns she's HIV-positive, thanks to old dalliance with former boyfriend. Picture doesn't really cover any new ground but is decently acted, especially by the charming Amanda Peet, and not nearly as depressing as it might be. WB fans will find an extra treat in the cameo appearance by Leslie Bibb, from POPULAR.

Strong theme in a light display

Author: Emerenciano from Campina Grande, Brazil
1 December 2002

Such an important theme like AIDS is here shown in a light mood. We see no strong scenes, but we get the message. It may be seen as an alert by many people. If it does, we all understand how bad and dangerous AIDS can be.

The cast is good and the direction competent. Watching "Touch Me" (the title of the movies says it all) is seeing a good movie.

Too unbelievable to watch

Author: jgbreezer from Guildford, England
1 March 2005

A previous comment starts "One can't watch this movie and not be drawn into it." Well, I'd generalise this to "one cant' watch this movie". I woke up from a doze in bed one evening with the TV on and this was playing, and for a minute or two it looked like it could be worth watching but about 15mins in something happened between two of them that just made me want to switch off, it was so unbelievable already. They may have been wanting to move the story on quickly, but damn... But, I carried on watching for a bit in case it was a one-off... But no, there's stupid stuff later on too... Sorry, if it gets better later on I couldn't be bothered to find out. How old were the cast supposed to be again?

Doesn't seem like a theatrical release

Author: Cyprus386 from USA
3 December 2000

I saw this in health class, like most of the films shown on the Lifetime network. I thought it was a TV movie, but it turned out to be a theatrical release. I had never heard of it before then, so I just sat back and watched. I hadn't heard of Amanda Peet until "Jack and Jill", so I was surprised that I hadn't recognized her. Fans of the WB network may recognize Leslie Bibb's cameo towards the end. This movie was a decent one, it just didn't seem like one to be released theatrically.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]