Romy and Michele's High School Reunion
Page 7 of 18: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

The Greatest Move Of All Time!

Author: wesie24 from BC, Canada
7 July 2003

This movie is and always will be one of my favorite movies! Lisa Kudrow (Michele Weinberger) and Mira Sorvino (Romy White) are the perfect fit the the character parts portrayed in this movie. These two ditzy blondes go on an adventure to Tucson, Arizona to their 10 year High School reunion. After being teased, and put down in High School they want to come back with a big bang, claiming to be business women, who invented "Post Its" then a special kind of "glue", they are sure to give you a few laughs! They realize how low their lives are in Los Angeles, then come up with their marvelous plan, except it turns out to be a big joke to everyone at the reunion. This is a great movie and it will provide your night will lots of entertainment!

Enjoy!

Lisa Kudrow shines once again

Author: westsidedude2001 from Ohio, US
27 May 2003

Place Lisa Kudrow in just about anything and she is going to be funny. Big screen, small screen, it doesn't matter. This girl is funny. She delivers her lines with such good timing that she's got it down to a T. The movie itself had a simple plot and Mira was cute in it too but Lisa carried the weight of the show. She's fun to watch on "Friends" and her big screen work is endearing too.

Cute and funny!

Author: chic15788 from The Cosmos
19 April 2003

This movie was witty, clever, and made me laugh! The flashbacks are hilarious, and I loved the message and the eighties music. Janeane Garofalo was great, and so were Romy and Michele. I thought that it was an adorable film!

LOVED IT !

Author: Rainbowboys22 from Las Vegas, NV USA
9 February 2003

I love this movie not for the actors and not for the comedy I like it because of the truth it gives .

Cheerleaders are always Mean hateful *itches and the football players always think of football and end up not learning anything so they must take lil jobs and usually dont amount to much and usually end up fat

Everyone goes through alot of BS in high school I did as many have I wasnt popular i got picked on constantly since elementry school through high school it got to the point i couldnt trust people enough to make lasting friendships I was miserable in which the character "clarence" was....

the truth is everyone was miserable in high school except the cheerleaders and football players but hey smaller minds make cheers

My 5 year reunion is coming up this year and i only hope Mine will be as shocking as this film was...

Can We have Romy and Michelles 20 yr High School reunion PLEASE

Funny, guilty pleasure, great soundtrack

Author: NDStricken84 from Plantation, Florida
4 November 2002

How can you not love this film?!? It is just absolutley hilarious. I love revenge movies, and this one was wonderful. It was meant to me a fluffy, light, funny, distraction film, and it succeeded totally. This movie defines Guilty Pleasure! The only thing I didn't like is Mira Sorvino's voice! It's kind of manly, and what kind of accent is that? Anyway, Mira Sorvino and Lisa Kudrow have such awesome chemistry together, and they work with each other brilliantly. They should work on more comedy's together, it would be great. Mira should guest star on friends. I can't understand how anyone can not like this movie, it's funny, great to watch, and totally rewatchable.

it is very funny

Author: mikw2002 (mikw2002@aol.com) from sunderland, england
20 August 2002

romy and michele,s high school reunion is very funny the dresses what they make r so cool mira sorvino and lisa kudrow were made for that part and janeane garofalo is so funny 2 and the A group they were realy good acting like bitches and the cowboy was realy hot!

Funny, funny, funny

Author: babs1 from British Columbia
16 August 2002

This movie is humor therapy! Everyone in it is very funny, and does a great job with his part. As with all the best comedies, there are lots of little things to pick up on as you watch it, not just the big scenes. Who could not like 2 LA 20-somethings getting all choked up when Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman finally gets to shop? Lisa Kudrow does the dumb blonde to perfection.

Not bad

Author: Sarah Gellar from kent, england
10 August 2002

Its ok but nothing special,some funny parts. Lisa kudrow leads a good performance but nowhere near her brilliant acting that she shows in friends. Worth seeing. 5/10

Underrated by all accounts

Author: Andy (snot_pe2012) from Maine
30 July 2002

I first saw this movie almost 5 years ago when my two older sisters rented it. I had never heard of it, and to be honest, I wasn't too excited about watching it. But as I watched it, I could not keep a straight face. The movie is just flat out hilarious. Even though it was obviously geared just a little more towards the female audience, I, as a guy, thoroughly enjoy this movie. The movie is about two best friends in their late 20's who are a bit slow. One day, they discover that a class reunion is about to be held, and they start to have flashbacks of how miserable (but funny to us) high school was for them. This movie probably holds the record for most flashbacks ever. After deciding that their current lives aren't exciting enough, they fudge their story over the past 10 years a little bit more to show everyone up. Obviously, being a comedy, things go wrong but are eventually made right. It's pretty much a feel-good comedy. You don't have to be in any certain mood to enjoy it, and you really don't have to think. I recommend it to anyone with a sense of humor. I don't know anyone who didn't like it. Heck, it's worth the rental price alone for the scene where Romy (Mira Sorvino) puts on her seatbelt as they get ready for their road trip to Arizona...

funny...

Author: echolilial from s.a.
27 February 2002

Oscar-winner Mira Sorvino (Mighty Aphrodite) and Lisa Kudrow from TV's 'Friends', star in this blonde comedy, directed by David Mirkin.

It's been ten years since Romy White (Sorvino) and Michele Weinberger (Kudrow) completed high school at fictional (?) Sagebrush High in Tuscon. Still best friends, the dizzy pair live together away from the ridiculed past that was their high school years.

After hearing word of their ten year high school reunion (which they weren't invited to), the two women concoct a make-believe life after high school story (they "invented" post-it's) to make themselves appear more successful than what they believe they are and to impress what was the school A-List (headed by school bitch, Kristy Masters [Julia Campbell]).

What could've been a very predictable (it's only a tad), dull, laughless, low-brow comedy, actually does not fail to provide a few laughs. Including a 'groovy' 80's soundtrack (with Belinda Carlisle, Cyndi Lauper, etc.) and what can only be described as an hilarious performance from Janeane Garofalo (expect to miss her when she's not in a scene), this film is a summer holiday, (slumber party, perhaps?) classic that takes you back to your school days and even sometimes reminds you just how horrible it was/could be. ******/10