IMDb > RocketMan (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
RocketMan

RocketMan More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Icht schlicken dokken, lug dee lug......

Author: Dave-79 from United States
10 December 1999

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard during a movie. Harland Williams is a genius. "C'mon all you Chinese....." Who comes up with this stuff??? I got the feeling that the directors and writers just told Williams to work around the script and improvise whatever he wanted? Some of this stuff is so off the wall, you wonder just how much was scripted. And this is not your typical Jerry Lewis slapstick. Williams has a great deal of pure talent. Anyway watch it and just enjoy the wonderful absurdity that is Rocket Man.

Put it on loop, and drive yourself loony.

Author: BodilyWalnut from Liverpool, England
19 October 2000

I worked at a Video -rental shop when this movie came out on PAL-VHS, and as we were only allowed to show PG rated films (Sorry I dont know the US rating) Anyway, I slapped this film on to see what it was like. I had trouble serving customers, I was laughing that much! I put the film on loop for my whole 12 hour shift, and nearly drove myself loopy. I sang along to "He holds the whole world..." and later found my self talking to my socks.

I don't work there any more...

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen, if not the funniest.

Author: horsegoggles from Phoenix, AZ
12 November 2002

The first time I saw this movie I couldn't stop laughing. I happened to see it again a couple nights ago, and it was the same, only it seemed even funnier. I just ordered it from Amazon, I've got to have this movie available when I need a good laugh. I can understand why some people don't like it, you have to be 10 years old at heart to get it. What I don't understand is why I haven't seen more of Harlen Williams, he was a riot in this movie.

A great Disney movie, ranks up there with "What About Bob"

Author: Kris Earle from Boston, MA
1 March 1999

This movie is incredibly funny. I base a good comedy on how many times it makes you laugh - this movie made me laugh so hard I cried at least 3 times. It throws tons of jokes at you - Harland Williams is great as the computer specialist who gets his dream job of becoming an astronaut -- "what I'll do now is use what we like to call 'The right way" to show you how it's done." There was only one moment where one joke goes on a few seconds too long ("whole world in his hands" bit) - but other than that it a very inventive comedy that will make adults laugh just as much as the kids, maybe more. A surprise gem - one of the funniest flicks I've seen - give it a shot. 9 out of 10.

Funny! PERIOD.

Author: MNESS from Homewood, IL
22 August 1999

I pride myself in having good taste in movies. Among my favorites are Raging Bull, On The Waterfront, The English Patient, etc. Normally I hate movies like this. Austin Powers 2 was so bad I wanted to leave. But this movie just makes me laugh.....hard. Sure it has your stereotypical Disney stuff that gets laughs from the little ones, but there are so many clever lines for adults that it really surprised me the first time I saw it. Harland Williams was perfectly cast, I don't think anyone else would have been good as Fred Z. Randall. If you are in for a stupid movie that will make you laugh see RocketMan.

A true testament to what you can do with a low-budget

Author: Rett Mikhal from Framingham, Massachusetts
21 May 2003

It's low-budget, but superbly written and perfectly acted by Harland Willams. From the way he cocks his head at random points, to the greatest impersonations ever, "Commander, are you sure we're heading for Earth it looks an awful lot like the sun..." "Ah, Magoo, You've, Done it again Sir!" and some really great lines "Why don't you just say 'thanks for the cool coin, Bud. It really means a lot to me.'" "Oh sure, thanks for the cool coin Bud it really means- what was the rest?" "Now the French! Pour do, ze de Chanele Number 5!"

This is probably one of, if not the, most overlooked movies of all time. About a thousand times more laughs than recent comedies (Goldmember, Master of Disguise, Mr. Deeds.)

The only real problem was the trailors, which included little funny aside from the (ONE, mind you) fart joke. This made it seem kiddy, but was necessary to not spoil the funny.

Ignore this IMDB rating, and go see this, dare I say? Masterpiece film.

'Call me mommy little billy'

Author: SmileyGreg17 from Leeds, England
9 August 2000

This is a great film. It's definately the funniest Disney film i've ever seen, though, while being great slapstick comedy with excellent delivery by Harland Williams, it also gets in the morals & ideals rife in Disney films. This is unique in that it's the only film i know of that i could have watched with 10 yearolds while not being ashamed, and also watch with some buds with a few beers. It's great & unique in that way Harland Williams carries this film, which is understanding as it is a vehicle for him, but the supporting cast is also excellent and the film was great for me. Since there is constant association with the ground team, you don't get the boxed in effect that you find in many travelling films, e.g. Speed, Speed 2 & the film never slows down for me. The best bits to watch for are the machine that spins Williams round & the bitchin' Mr Magoo impression.

Very funny

Author: Richard-110 from Texas
17 February 2000

This movie was very funny. A lot of the humor was very spontaneous and original. I love how he gets everyone to sing "He's got the whole world in his hands" and how he passes the time in the isolation chamber by conducting his own puppet show. Leonard Maltin definitely missed the boat by giving this film a bomb rating; considering that he called this film and Judd Nelson's "From the Hip" a bomb while giving two stars to "Senior Trip", Maltin has given me sufficient reason to take his reviews with a grain of salt.

It's so bad... it's good.

Author: greatfavor from United States
6 November 2006

I came across this movie while TV surfing, and kept trying to move on but I couldn't.

It is wonderful how awful it is!

It is definitely one of the silliest movies I have ever seen, silly to the point of stupidity, and I can't remember when I have enjoyed myself more.

While I kept telling myself I was too old (and refined) to be as amused as I was, I couldn't stop laughing.

If you can sit through it without giggling, someone should check you for a pulse!

Excellent Comedy

Author: DLC from Singapore
8 January 2003

In the vein of classic Jerry Lewis movies, Rocket Man is an excellent piece of entertainment. If you don't like silliness, don't bother. The cast and crew of Rocket Man has worked well together to make this an enjoyable experience. If you love to laugh, watch Rocket Man.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]