IMDb > Carolina Low (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Carolina Low More at IMDbPro »Paradise Falls (original title)

A Film of Heart and Soul

Author: Luna-9 from Virginia
13 November 1998

Paradise Falls is, without a doubt, one of the best movies I've ever seen. A classic in the making, this period film captures the beauty and dignity of life in the Appalachian mountains of the 1930s in an honest manner. Expertly crafted, this film is a "must see" for anyone with a love and respect for the cinema. Director Nick Searcy's directorial technique places him in league with screen legends John Ford and Sam Peckinpah. The writing presents an honest depiction of mountain people, the cinematography is breathtakingly beautiful and the acting superb. All in all, Paradise Falls does what a movie should do - it tugs at your heart and soul.

Let's Hope It Finds a Distributor

Author: Chad Messer (toph23@charter.net) from Waynesville, NC
20 May 2001

From what I understand, not many people have been able to see this film, and I am one of the lucky few who have. Sean Bridgers, one of the main talents behind this film, came to show the movie to one of my film classes at Western Carolina University, and it was a real treat. Teaming up with actor and director Nick Searcy was something good, because with him at the helm the feelings of Appalachia and southern boyhood were captured nicely and accurately. Last I heard, Bridgers and Searcy are holding out for some sort of theatrical release, and I hope it will happen for them. this movie is better than most of the popcorn fare that we have to choose from, and for that alone it deserves to be seen. Bravura performance from Terry Nienhuis in this one...his was an electrifying death scene.