IMDb > Kiss the Girls (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Kiss the Girls

Kiss the Girls More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 14: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Ingenious Concept

Author: Niv-1 from Valley Stream, New York
6 April 2001

I saw this movie when I heard the concept. A man who kidnaps women then leaves them to die kidnaps a doctor, she escapes, comes to help the detective who is investigating the case. The woman is played by Ashley Judd and she is excellent, she gives the character depth and is more than just a blank slate or cliche. The detective is played by Morgan Freeman and he gives a greatly understated performance. While this movie isn't as good as "the Silence of the Lambs" it has a great concept, greatly staged scenes and is worth seeing. IT rates a 7.

Don't want to be picky, but...

Author: Matchboy
27 October 2000

It's Dr. Alex Cross, not Jack. And, he isn't 'a psychologist working for the police'. He is a senior detective with the Metropolitan Police Department, who also has a doctorate in psychology. These two disciplines, police work and psychology, make his skills at profiling and apprehending serial murderers formidable. Thus he is a unique character in detective fiction, and Patterson's series of Alex Cross novels, including 'Kiss the Girls', are great reads.

Ok to watch...

Author: bullions27 from Purdue, USA
23 October 2000

I haven't read the book yet, but the movie itself is an ok suspense and thriller film to watch. Freeman delivers a good performace playing an uncle who is grief-stricken but keeps a good strong heart to nail the villain. The twist in the end though threw me off for a tad, and I had to rewatch the film over again to pick out how this guy hid himself as the killer when he's been in plain sight all along. One thing that disturbed though about the film was why they keep letting Ashley Judd's character out of sight SO many times in the film when she is their most valuable witness? Kind of a bit odd.

Could have been better

Author: Kyle Marshall from Ann Arbor, MI
19 August 2000

I guess that this movie wasn't too bad, but to anyone who read the book (which, as usual, was far superior than its Hollywood counterpart), the idea of Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross was a bit absurd. In the series of novels that James Patterson wrote, Detective Cross is in his late 30s...something that not even an incredible actor like Freeman can pull off.

Murder wan

Author: MuteMae
16 April 2000

Serial killers, at least in movies, used to be objects of disquieting awe. Tony Curtis' tormented sex murderer in "The Boston strangler" the sado-snuff fetishists of "Manhunter" and "The silence of the lambs", Kevin Spacey's cat and mouse psycho in "Seven" - in each case we were asked to crawl inside the sick cave of a killer's mind and to view his most unspeakable kinks as a nightmare reflection of "ordinary" passion. But no, though even these artful thrillers have spawned their own cliches. When Ashley Judd, the heroine of "Kiss the girls" gets dragged to an underground dungeon, where she locked up along with a dozen other damsels, the setting is as ripely corn as any fogbound horror movie trope of the '30s and so is the homicidal phantom's "creepy" operatic spiel about his desire for perfect love. Judd is able to escape at which point she joins forces with forensic investigator Morgan Freeman. "Kiss the girls" is a fake psychological thriller that turns into a garishly schlocky and implausible bogeyman hunt. Why, for instance can't the FBI locate the dungeon from which Judd has escaped? Because in their meticulous search of the forest, the agents somehow failed to find... those big wooden basement doors to hell.

Dark, suspenseful, fantastic

Author: HunterK (hunter_kahn@hotmail.com) from Pennsylvania, USA
4 February 2000

I didn't really know much about this movie when I saw that it was coming on HBO. I just decided "what the hell" and watched it. Besides, Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors. After a few minutes of KISS THE GIRLS, I was instantly glued to the television. It was pretty dark and very suspenseful, but I truly liked it.

Dr. Alex Cross (Morgan Freeman), a psychologist/detective from Washington DC is sent to investigate a man known as "Casanova", who is kidnapping, imprisoning and occasionally torturing and killing beautiful women. His niece is among one of the kidnapped. Along with the help of Kate Mctiernan, (Ashley Judd) who escaped from the maniac, and Detective Nick Ruskin (Cary Elwes), Cross sets out to find and stop the murderer.

The plot is fascinating and will most likely keep you on the edge of your seat and holding onto the arm of your chair. The acting jobs are very good too. Some parts are very dark and a little disturbing, but it often only helps the story line. Morgan Freeman, as usual, does a great job as the main character. Ashley Judd and Cary Elwes also did impressive performances.

The ending of this movie is pretty good and rather surprising. Go out and rent this whenever you're in the mood for a little suspense, you won't be disappointed.

Like 'se7en' ?? Love 'Kiss the girls' !!

Author: Michiel Waaijer (michiel.waaijer@gmail.com) from Delft, Holland
29 January 2000

I love this movie !!!

I think i've seen all the movies of ashley judd, and i must say this is probably her greatest role yet, she does a great job playing Kate Mctiernan, a victim of a pschycotic killer. This maniac 'collects' women, only to kill them one by one when he sees fit. Only Judd manages to escape from his clutches. Morgan Freeman plays (again) the detective who, in cooporation with Judd tries to find the killer...

The whole storyline is great, with a lot of unexpected twists and turns, and a surprisingly strong ending.

The acting is as i said earlier admirable. Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd both deserve a lot of credit on this film. The tension between them is great, and you really feel the warmth in their relationship.

But overall this film is actually very scary, some scenes are close to a frantic nightmare (the running in the woods, the scene in Judd's house when the killer is there).

I really recomend this movie, this is just as se7en a movie, which is best watched alone, in a dark room, with a lot of thunder and rain outside. Just as i watched it just now ..

Excellent .. Go check it out now !!

Exciting Thrill a Minute Film

Author: cassopiea from Lamesa, TX
3 January 2000

Kiss the Girls was an edge of your seat thriller. You never saw the end until it happened. Ashley Judd's performance was very good and Morgan Freeman excelled at playing Det. Alex Cross, although he differs wildly from the author's physical description of the character in James Patterson's novel that the film is based on. The twists and turns of the plot were exciting and unpredictable. Some scenes were very dark and difficult to see clearly, but it enhanced the overall suspence of the movie. In general, the cinematography was well done, the directing was excellent and the acting was superb. I definately suggest this movie to anyone who enjoys the suspense genre.

much better than many give credit for

Author: bertie3 from Augusta, GA
2 October 1999

I happen to think this movie is better than some have said. Not only are the actors spectacular in it but the suspense and the plot have enough going on that I found it a much better movie than even "Seven"-which was a more hyped and less deserving movie.

Rather boring

Author: JK-19 from Austria
18 September 1999

Lesson One of "Who's the killer of the movie?": Listen to the voices. Come on... Ears + Brain = No surprise. The acting was good (Mr. Freeman as great as usual), good end, but the rest is just the standard Hollywood vs. psychopath. I read good things about the movie, inlcuding the user comments here. But it was a real disappointment.