IMDb > Kiss the Girls (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Kiss the Girls

Kiss the Girls More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 15: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Like 'se7en' ?? Love 'Kiss the girls' !!

Author: Michiel Waaijer ( from Delft, Holland
29 January 2000

I love this movie !!!

I think i've seen all the movies of ashley judd, and i must say this is probably her greatest role yet, she does a great job playing Kate Mctiernan, a victim of a pschycotic killer. This maniac 'collects' women, only to kill them one by one when he sees fit. Only Judd manages to escape from his clutches. Morgan Freeman plays (again) the detective who, in cooporation with Judd tries to find the killer...

The whole storyline is great, with a lot of unexpected twists and turns, and a surprisingly strong ending.

The acting is as i said earlier admirable. Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd both deserve a lot of credit on this film. The tension between them is great, and you really feel the warmth in their relationship.

But overall this film is actually very scary, some scenes are close to a frantic nightmare (the running in the woods, the scene in Judd's house when the killer is there).

I really recomend this movie, this is just as se7en a movie, which is best watched alone, in a dark room, with a lot of thunder and rain outside. Just as i watched it just now ..

Excellent .. Go check it out now !!

Exciting Thrill a Minute Film

Author: cassopiea from Lamesa, TX
3 January 2000

Kiss the Girls was an edge of your seat thriller. You never saw the end until it happened. Ashley Judd's performance was very good and Morgan Freeman excelled at playing Det. Alex Cross, although he differs wildly from the author's physical description of the character in James Patterson's novel that the film is based on. The twists and turns of the plot were exciting and unpredictable. Some scenes were very dark and difficult to see clearly, but it enhanced the overall suspence of the movie. In general, the cinematography was well done, the directing was excellent and the acting was superb. I definately suggest this movie to anyone who enjoys the suspense genre.

much better than many give credit for

Author: bertie3 from Augusta, GA
2 October 1999

I happen to think this movie is better than some have said. Not only are the actors spectacular in it but the suspense and the plot have enough going on that I found it a much better movie than even "Seven"-which was a more hyped and less deserving movie.

Rather boring

Author: JK-19 from Austria
18 September 1999

Lesson One of "Who's the killer of the movie?": Listen to the voices. Come on... Ears + Brain = No surprise. The acting was good (Mr. Freeman as great as usual), good end, but the rest is just the standard Hollywood vs. psychopath. I read good things about the movie, inlcuding the user comments here. But it was a real disappointment.

A taut thriller with a great twist at the end.

Author: John McElligott (
22 April 1999

I think "Kiss the Girls" is one of the best crime dramas since "Silence of the Lambs." Granted, it's not in the same league as that film, but it's a taut thriller with a great twist at the end. Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd are both believable in their roles. Like "Silence of the Lambs," it's a film that carries more weight when seen on the big screen, but don't let that prevent you from watching it on video

Author: ally cat from marshall, tennessee
16 April 1999

This movie is truly something else! I agree that "CASANOVA" wouldn't have any time to kidnap the girls or anything like that. But for some strange reason I actually love this movie! I think probably because Cary Elwes plays in this movie. Cary did an excellent part in this movie. I can't say the same however for Ashley Judd!

a script built on nonsense

Author: CarlosG
22 January 1999

I'd like to be explained how a FBI agent can have spare time enough to be able to follow, photograph, chase, kidnap, feed and take care of a bunch of victims. His boss must be extremely stupid .

Support for Lenny-13

Author: Lillytd from Newfoundland
21 December 1998

I have to agree with Lenny on this one. The movie was a real disappointment. Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman were fine but there has to be a good script for a movie to work. Things were much too predictable. It was very obvious that the real killer wasn't who they arrested. I didn't jump once and felt a real letdown when I left the theatre.

There were a few good points!!

Author: Citygirl19 from Massachusetts
14 November 1998

The movie wasn't as good as I thought it would be. There were too many DARK scenes which you couldn't tell what was happening.The acting was excellent, I was especially taken with Ashley Judd.

Lenny-13 is out of his mind... he's pushing too hard to

Author: gazzer from Shaker Heights, Ohio
8 November 1998

fulfill some bizarre obsession to elevate the genre... he's fixated on plot and I'm simply loving the performances by Freeman and Judd (her best to date)... I'm also loving the craft of the movie... the way it was shot, the editing... the film was handicapped a bit by the silliness of the book, but I believe it overcame the cheese factor... I jumped out of my chair a good eight times, which is the sign of an effective thriler... Lenny-13, get your butt out of film school and get a real job... KISS THE GIRLS rocked!!!...