IMDb > Just in Time (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Just in Time More at IMDbPro »

a moving movie

Author: charles_chenzhongbi from Guangxi, China
2 May 2004

I stayed up really late at night to enjoy this moving movie.The hero Michael Bedford ,the father,is a little inflexible and so,a little funny.And this figure is pretty attractive and makes this movie really moving. In the end of the movie,Michael tells Faith that the name of the book written by Dickens which he is reading is Great Expectation.In fact , it also implies the future of His and Faith's will be good and bright.In my opinion,that's a splendid point by the screenplayer. I enjoyed this movie and recommend it to all of you.When you feel unhappy or down or lonely,watch it.I am sure you will be inspired by it and feel good again.

This film is just in time for the next female get-together

Author: Amy Adler from Toledo, Ohio
17 October 2006

Michael has a young daughter in elementary school. His wife was killed in a car accident and he is struggling to go on. So is his daughter. While Michael takes refuge in his job as director of a toy company, daughter Lily tries hard to drive every nanny away from their house. When Lil accidentally sets the curtains on fire, the nanny runs away screaming. Enter Faith. Faith is a nice lady from a close-knit Italian neighborhood who is studying to be a teacher. She meets Lily outside the restaurant where she works. As fate would happen, Faith becomes Lily's new nanny. Michael hears an earful, at times, about his spending too little time with his daughter, from Faith. But, could the rich Michael and the homegirl, Faith, be attracted to one another? This is a good movie "for the girls", as the song states. It is another entry into the romance-between-opposites category that is always a winner. The principal actors are attractive and the movie's production values are very nice. If you are part of a ladies group or just get together with your female friends from time to time, have a sleepover and watch this movie. You will all end up sighing your hearts out.

Just in Time was excellent

Author: Vicktimfamily from United States
15 November 2005

I watch the movie on DVD every time I get a chance. It is heart warming in the sense that Michael and Faith "find each other." They are both in situations they are trying to overcome. Michael is trying to get over the death of his wife; and Faith is trying to break a tie with Richie; which is seemingly holding her back from what she wants to do; and that's teaching. Both Faith and Michael are very intelligent individuals, who "have great expectations." Also, it is very heart warming in the sense, Lillie wants a mother,and Faith can be that person, once she does some growing up, and Michael also does some growing up as well with the help of Jake and Lillie.

And About Time Too...

Author: Andrew Macks (andypoo@tig.com.au) from Sydney, Australia
24 June 1999

A great feel-good movie, with a lot of clutching at throats and screaming 'Why?' but no less realistic than any other movie.

This is the first time in a while I've stayed up to watch a good movie and nobody has been able to sidetrack me from the film.

It is a well-deserved 10. A great movie to get out the microwave popcorn and sit in front of the TV with friends, hire it out! :)