IMDb > Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves (1997) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves

Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves (V) More at IMDbPro »

Cute movie for your kids

Author: Sarah from New Hampshire
26 August 2001

This movie is cute for one of those nights with the kids. It is a clean movie that the whole family can enjoy. Of course it is not the kind of movie you would see win any awards or get any real recognition but it is enjoyable and a nice movie for families to watch.

Well, yeah, it was silly, but it was meant to be that way

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
8 November 2006

The Honey, I Shrunk the Kids franchise was a huge deal and not to mention very famous. I loved Honey, I shrunk the Kids when I was little. It was an original story and had such an exciting plot! The sets were so amazing and the cast seemed like they enjoyed each other's company. Now Honey, I blew up the kid was pretty stupid, so I think they wanted to go back to the story that everyone loved.

Basically, Adam is a little more grown up now and the mom's are going on vacation to leave their husbands with their children. But when Wayne's favorite item is threatened for the garbage, he wants to shrink it and keep it, but he and his brother get in the way. But when the wives come back after forgetting to give some meds to their son, they get caught in the machine as well, leaving the kids in the house alone!

The plot is silly, but like I said, it was just a family film that I think some might get a kick out of. The original Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is the best, I think everyone could agree. The third one wasn't so bad, I would recommend this one at least over Honey, I Blew Up the Kid movie, it was at least a little more fun.

Not bad. Better than the second one.

Author: Tommy Nelson from Long Beach, California
8 March 2007

Stars: Rick Moranis, Eve Gordon, Stuart Pankin, Bug Hall, Allison Mack.

Well we've already shrunk the kids and sent them outside, and blew up the baby, I guess we might as well kill two birds with one stone and shrink the adults and show their adventures inside the house. This is a very competent and entertaining made for video Disney sequel that could have gone in the theaters. Some major problems with the film were it's obvious budget cost's, but it still looks good with an obviously small cost. In this outing, after Wayne, Diane and Wayne's brother and sister-in-law get shrunk they ride in a toy car, ride a daddy long legs like a horse, hide from a cockroach in a roach hotel, ride in a bubble, almost get eaten in sour cream and much more. Meanwhile the kid's think they're gone so they throw a party and the parent's learn how responsible the kids can be. It's a pretty good sequel that is a little too silly at times, but still thoroughly entertaining.

My rating: ** 1/2 out of ****.

The Long Awaited Shrinking of Wayne Szalinski

Author: (robocoptng986127@aol.com) from U.S.A
23 November 2001

[MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

America's favorite family is back! Diane Szalinski and Patty, her sister-in-law are going on a vacation and while they're gone, their husbands Wayne and Gordon will mind the kids. Adam Szalinski is now a young boy, and his cousins Jenny and Mitch will stay over also. Wayne has a giant tiki statue that he deems very fond of, but Diane is making him get rid of it, so when Wayne shooes the kids out to get some toothpicks for a science project, he and Gordon carry the huge Tiki Man up to the attic, where Wayne unveils his new and improved shrink machine. He's not allowed to use it, but he figures just one more time couldn't hurt. He succeeds in shrinking the Tiki Man but when Wayne and Gordon go to look for it, a croquet ball lands on the button, shrinking them. Diane and Patty return to the house to drop something off. They go up into the attic, a second croquet ball hits the machine and they're shrunk. The kids are their only hope of getting big again, so they use a fishing reel to get down to Adam's room. There, they take a wild Hot Wheels car ride on a curving track and fly right through the laundry chute and into the basket. Meanwhile, the kids return home and assume the adults have gone, so Jenny wants to throw a party. Mitch and Adam have little to say about that, so it happens. The adults dodge a giant cockroach. It's giant to them. Then they hitch a ride curtosey of a bubble machine that's being used for the party. Wayne has the idea that maybe if he can rewire the speaker, they can get the kids' attention. The women venture into the kitchen to make sure Mitch get's his pills, while Wayne and Gordon head for the speakers, but before so, they were caught by a bowl of onion dip.

In the kitchen, Diane and Patty meet a huge spider. They soon become friends and he gives them a ride to the kitchen counter. Meanwhile, a boy from the party, Ricky King, kissed Jenny before asking her and she did not like it. The boys began wreaking havoc on the party, until the speaker was rewired and Gordon pretended to be God and barked at the kids. Jenny, Mitch and Adam find their fathers, then their mothers and enlarge them. They've all thoughtout things, like Wayne decided to let Adam do what he wants and go to baseball camp like Adam wanted, and when Adam returned from camp, he found a BIG surprise waiting for him.

This film, well, wasn't as good as the first two. Rick Moranis was good, so was Stuart Pankin (voice of Earl Sinclair from "Dinosaurs"). The kids were somewhat annoying. Bug Hall was good. But Jenny was so annoying! She was bossy and dominant! Who'd want to be around her? Also, watch for Mila Kunis from "That '70s

Show" as Jill! --

Good work, Disney!

Author: mutty-mcflea from Lincolnshire, UK
21 July 2013

In the grand tradition of Disney sequels, quality control has been sacrificed in the name of making a fast buck. This direct-to-video threequel is a lazy retread with Rick Moranis accidentally shrinking himself and some relatives so they can repeat all the best scenes from the original movie.

Instantly dated visual effects and crummy dialogue abound in this cheesy lump, which did nothing but make me pine for the days of 'The Incredible Shrinking Man', when this kind of thing was done properly. Shockingly, this was directed by veteran cinematographer Dean Cundey, who should either stick to the day job or pick better material next time.

This is not the worst sequel I have seen, but it was sadly pretty awful.

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
27 September 2010

I liked Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Honey I Blew Up the Kid and the Disneyland 3D attraction Honey I Shrunk the Audience, but I didn't like this film. And part of the reason why is because I found it unnecessary pretty much. I wanted to like it, but I found too many problems in order to enjoy it. That said it is not the worst sequel ever like Home Alone 4 or Superbabies:Baby Geniuses 2, and Rick Moranis does at least try hard to still maintain the likable character he created in the other movies. But really, it is strictly direct-to-DVD, and regrettably it isn't good really...at all. The problems primarily lie in the predictable story, the leaden direction, the repetitive gags and the awful script, while the rushed camera work, lacking acting(with exception of Moranis) and forgettable soundtrack don't help matters either. In conclusion, for me this was disappointing and not recommended. 2/10 Bethany Cox

Oh Honey! We messed up the sequel!

Author: (dhvidrine-movie) from United States
25 January 2001

You know I liked honey I shrunk the kids and honey I blew up the kid. But now the sequel to this cool and funny series of movies was a big flop! I was looking forward to finally see the sequel since the commercials made it look so good and cool. What was supposed to be a great piece of cinema turned out to be a crummy corny disaster. There was so many cliches and used jokes that no one in the theater laughed or giggled. Some people in the third row fell asleep and four and five others kids in the nosebleed section were having a pop corn fight so I watched them a couple of times while the movie was at its boring and slow parts. Anyway I watched the rest of it and it got so corny that people started to leave the theater in ones,twos fives and sevens! A sad ending to a great series!

Honey, I think this film shrunk my brain

Author: helpless_dancer from Broken Bow, Oklahoma
15 April 2000

I guess I didn't just hate this show, but it didn't grab me real good either. It wasn't as good as the original, but much better than "Honey, I Blew Up the Kid", which was pretty dull. The race car scene and the bubble episode were fun, but I suppose I feel this horse has been run into the ground.

Great Movie

Author: Swayze52
4 October 2000

I think Koolwiz is wrong. This was a great movie! The fact that Nick and Amy weren't there leaves a lot to the reality of family life. The older kids go off to college. Rick Moranis is not the only character left. Adam is there. Remember, Honey I Blew up the Kid? This one was great just like the other two "Honey" movies. If they hadn't got Rick Moranis to play Wayne again, then I would have agreed with KoolWiz. They got the actors as close to the originals as they could. However, they could have cast an actress with straight hair for Diane. But on the other hand, who says Diane couldn't have gotten a perm. I liked Marcia, but the storyline was not based around her, it was based around the characters.

Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves

Author: Jackson Booth-Millard from United Kingdom
20 June 2005

If you liked the first two films, then I'm sorry to say you're not going to like this one. This is the really rubbish and unnecessary straight to video, probably TV made sequel. The still idiotic but nice scientist Wayne Szalinski (Rick Moranis) is still living with his family and he has his own company, Szalinski Inc. Unfortunately his wife wants to get rid of a statue, Wayne is so stupid he shrinks his statue and himself with his brother. Then he shrinks his wife and sister-in-law too. Now the adults have to find a way to get the kids of the house to get them bigger. Pretty much a repeat of the other two with only one or two new things, e.g. a toy car roller coaster, swimming in dip, etc. Pretty poor!