IMDb > Home Alone 3 (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Home Alone 3

Home Alone 3 More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 15: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Not The Worst But Not The Best.

Author: kylehaines96 from United States
3 December 2011

The film is about Alex Pruitt played by Alex D. Linz who has come down with a bad case with the chickenpox. Meanwhile a toy car that Alex got has a device that 4 criminals have put in the toy and are now Coming After Alex and Wackyness and Zanyness ensues.

This is definitely not the best in the series but it still entertaining to watch and does have some funny parts. The story is nice and the kid does fit perfectly in this movie. But there really is no reason why this had to be made because we all know the first 2 are a tough act to follow so at least give the movie credit for trying and this is really how the series should have ended. I repeat, SHOULD HAVE ENDED! Check this movie out.

Rated PG For Slapstick Violence, Language And Mild Sensuality.

1hr 42min/102min.

***/****

our kids love this, and it is fun for grown ups too

Author: LittleSkink from United Kingdom
25 October 2011

Feel we must add our voice to the people who view this as an under rated film, no way it deserves to be a 3.7 on IMDb. It offers plenty of slap stick fun for the kids on a rainy afternoon it is great entertainment. Our kids are 6 and 4 and love it, and most kids under 10 seem to enjoy it very much. As a grown up I would rather watch this than something like Pixars Up! I have to admit to finding Home Alone 1 and 2 somewhat annoying and consider this film to be better on many levels. Sure there isn't much about it that makes it stand out (like a real plot or any character development) but it gets on with it pretty early in the film (1 and 2 burble on for an hour before anything really happens) and Alex is really likable in the lead in a way Culkin could never be If you haven't seen it give it a go, you wont be disappointed

My best

Author: Chiharu Kobayashi from Japan
11 July 2010

This movie is my favorite. When i was an elementary school student i saw this movie fist time. It is very interesting!!! Alex is so smart,cut and kind. This movie is so exciting! I think Home Along 3 is better than 1 and 2. Home Along 3 is more funny. Alex loves his mother,i was moved.He takes it on himself to prove that he is telling the truth.I have heard many damaging reviews about this movie saying that it was too similar to the first and everything was just wrong about it. Well, I totally disagree saying that this movie was very creative with the new traps used for the bad people. I wont say anymore as this movie is fun. Forget the first two when you watch it and you'll enjoy it.

It did it for me

Author: Rhys Llwyd (reecelloyd@sky.com) from Province of Deeside, Flintshire, Wales, United Kingdom
3 January 2008

For whatever reason, I cannot understand why exactly people cannot warm to this film as I have done. I have watched the previous two films (the latter I have on VHS), and this is as good as the films that preceded it. I watched this film on Channel Four a few days after Christmas and it was then I began to enjoy it again.

It was with this film the series bowed out, as I believe that the fourth "film" (I put it in brackets as it is not a film in the conventional sense of the word) was an atrocity and not worth the time Twentieth Century Fox could have spent to make another film that year. This edition you should savour, as it all went downhill from that point onward.

One must be reminded of the period the film was made in: it was 1997, when technology had advanced, and it was admirable that the film's producers took notice of it, with the storyline concerning the computer chip and the producers mentioned the political aspect of that storyline, what with the burglars working for a North Korean terrorist organisation. It is on this basis, I believe that the Home Alone series was also modernised.

It is humorous and decently written, and these alone amount for any shortcomings it may have (had). That is why I think the film did it for me. So basically, if you think this film is bad, watch the following film instead. Then you will understand my stance.

The top most comedy

Author: gavin_coolhgr from Guyana
29 November 2007

A top-secret computer chip has been stolen from the U.S. Defense Department. The international criminals who expertly and ruthlessly engineered its heist are asking for untold millions of dollars on the Black Market. But the precious booty, hidden inside a toy car, has been temporarily misplaced. Its final destination: a comfortable Chicago suburb.

Quietly taking up residence in the tree-lined neighborhood, the four highly trained spies marshal all their diabolical resources and skills to retrieve the device. Their state-of-the-art surveillance and ruthless strategy have foiled Interpol, the FBI, U.S. Defense agents and the local police. Only one person can stop this high-tech gang of black marketers, eight year-old Alex Pruitt. When this pesky team of bad guys invade his neighborhood, he's the last and only line of defense. Alex has his own special surveillance tools. He has his own carefully mapped out strategy. He has courage. He has the chicken pox. And he's Home Alone...

A very funny film

Author: Aaron Hassard
31 October 2007

this movie is very funny, lots of cool gadgets and a different storyline from the first two home alone films. I like the storyline of the missile chip hidden in a toy car mistakingly falling into the hands of eight year old Alex. The remote controlled car scene is very good, i like all the tricks at the end as well, there very good. The acting in this film is also quite good, especially young Alex playing such a major role at his age, my favourite character in the film is Earl Unger, he's in my opinion the funniest of the gang, i'd love to see the crew back in home alone five trying to rob major electronical stores in Chicago, with Alex (who should make a return) getting in their way!

I totally disagree with people who think this movie is a cheap cash-in considered to the rest of the series, i really like this film, it's very enjoyable and i strongly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of any home alone film.

Twice as many bad guys...check it out.

Author: The_Light_Triton (Black_triton14@hotmail.com) from In a Chair in my room
22 September 2007

while some people believe taking Kevin McAllister out of the home alone series is a bad idea, listen folks...Kevin was either 15 or 16 when this movie was filmed. it doesn't look as good when a 16 year old is fending for himself against Marv and harry once again. and don't try recasting Kevin either. Macaulay culkin can't be replaced.

OK, so we have Alex (who is played by Alex D linz, pretty cool, eh?) whose defending his home from 4 north Korean terrorists who intend to blow up some place with a missile that cannot be detected by a radar. To sneak a microchip past security at the airport, they hide the chip in a remote control car, and put it in a bag, but that bag matches a label on an old woman's bag and she mistakenly takes the wrong bag...to Chicago. the toy car ends up in possession of Alex, who gets the chicken pox. so while he stays at home, the terrorists have found out what neighborhood the toy car is in, and need to break into each home to find the car, and Alex needs to find out why they need the car.

people think this movie was a bad idea, well, in some ways it is. Alex is using hi-tech gear, but it's back to the old school with the booby traps. Alex uses a trunk of books, adhesive glue, plaster, and black paint from a spray can.

i give it 8/10.

Funny as, i loved it!

Author: blackrose909 from Australia
7 June 2007

Now, I can see that this film has a very low average and I'm guessing that it's because it's the third in the series of Home Alone movies and maybe because of the change of actors, especially the main actor, Alex.

I however, saw this movie before the other Home Alone movies, I was about 12 years old at the time and I absolutely loved it. I remember laughing so much my stomach hurt, literally. I saw it again just now and well, my opinion hasn't changed. The plot was good and the villains were awesome, especially after their little accidents lol..

I don't know how it would be if I had seen this as the third in the series but as a stand-alone film, it was extremely enjoyable and very entertaining. I would definitely suggest it if you want a good, light-hearted comedy coz this is quite perfect. Enjoy!

Funny Thieves.

Author: ueka from Japan
30 October 2006

I think it's the best comedy I've seen recently. This movie was more quick development than I thought.

Home Alone3, hero played by Alex.D.Linz. It is enjoy popularity movie series. During his mother absence, he faced up to thieves that he used to a lot of funny devices. His devices over 20, but thieves are not learns a lesson to come his house. This is intelligence battle between Alex and thief. Which is the winner?? It severe battle is continued…

This comedy is a mind-boggling and funny movie. I thought actors had great chemistry. So viewers are excited by the severe screen acting. Then, the sounds track is important to this movie. Especially, surprise scene is essential to good sounds. You have get to see. I want to see it again.

Awesome

Author: rachaelseida from United States
23 February 2006

This movie was great. So much better than the first two. In this one the family may not get along all the time, but what can you expect out of living in the same space? Alex also cares about the neighbor across the street even when she does not really like him. He really loves his family and goes to them first for help. Not to mention the story was better. His(Alex) plan of defense was so much more funny. The bad guys you did not need to feel sorry for. They are smart, but underestimate Alex. And Alex is not a looking for ways to misuse any privileges his parents give him(i.e. credit cards). I gave this movie a 9. Hope you like it as much as I did.

Page 11 of 15: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]