IMDb > Ghosts (1997/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Meet the family

Author: revival05 from Sweden
22 May 2000

This was a breathtaking short-horrormusical with Michael Jackson, finally a bit cool.

Some people think that it is a spin off to THRILLER, but I can't see any similarity at all. Let's all remember that Michael Jackson was an adult as a child, and he has got to have room for his childhood somewhere too.

I love Michael Jackson's short films, and this is no exception.

The Brilliance of a Man That Won't be Truly Appreciated Until he's Gone.

Author: LostntheFuture from United States
21 April 2006

This video serves as a reminder that the only thing that has changed about Michael Jackson is the way we look at him. The genius is still there and has grown 10,000 times since thriller. If you put this movie up against thriller it makes thriller pale in comparison musically, special effects wise, basically in every way, it's just that most people are too stupid to see it because like little kids, they are too caught up in the way he looks (which is just fine in this movie btw).

The dancing is jaw dropping! The music is excellent! Makes you want to get up and dance! The plot is funny and shows Michael Jackson's sense of humor about the way he knows people think about him.

EXCELLENT MOVIE! Do yourself a favor and stop believing all the crap you hear and missing out on jaw dropping perfection which is everything he puts out!

In my opinion my top 10 favorite pieces of work by him are:

1) The 'Scream' Video (over 7 Million Dollars and you see every dime) 2) The 'Ghosts' Video / Movie 3) The 'Earth Song' Video (if it doesn't move you emotionally you're not human) 4) The 'HIStory' album (easily his best work for someone mentally over the age of 12) 5) The 'Dangerous' album (every song is perfection) 6) The 'You Rock My World' video (Chris Tucker, Malron Brando, Michael Madsen & Michael Jackson how do you not have a great video?) 7) The 'Invincible' album (10 million records sold & counting, great piece of work, tuned to perfect pop precision) 8) The 'Black or White' song / video (They are both excellent!!) 9) The 'Stranger in Moscow' song /video (I mean that's where you see how much of a genius he still is) 10) The 'Blood on The Dance Floor' album (the first five tracks really show how amazing he is as a writer, it awesome) *** Thriller goes without saying, but he really has done some of his best work since then.***

Michael Jackson is still the king of video

Author: Unbreakable27 from United States
14 June 2004

Being a Michael Jackson fan since the early 1980's I've always remained interested in anything he does.

I think commercially his best days were behind him in the mid-90's, but this is still an excellent video and it far exceeds a lot of the crap that artists put out there today.

Most videos are the same thing over and over, the artists with the line dancers in bikinis behind them, YAWN!

Michael Jackson comes along and takes the music video to the next level, he puts a storyline into it and killer special effects.

When you get done, the only person the guy has failed to outdo is himself.

Like him or no, Michael Jackson is still the king of music video.

Stunning

Author: liberian_girl from Birmingham, England
17 February 2002

This film is absolutely stunning once AGAIN Michael Jackson stuns us with his excellent dance moves and vocal. I love this film to bits and it is so funny. I mean his dance moves are just SOOOOO GOOD, I would recommend anyone to see this.

10/10, As music videos go, Ghost is spectacular and only the true King of Pop could produce such a masterpiece!

Author: Keith I Price (Keith.Price1981@btinternet.com) from Hednesford, England
11 August 2001

As a life long fan of Michael Jackson, you could argue that I am bias. But one of the reasons why Jacko's career is so amazing, is his music videos. No artist in history has created as many fantasical music videos as he. Billie Jean, Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Leave Me Alone, Black or White, Remember the Time.... This list goes on, Jacko is a quality entertainer!

The dancing is spectacular, The soundtrack is awesome, the melodies and rifts are vintage Jackson and the special fx are superb.

Sure, it could be seen as Thriller of the 90's, but who else could produce such a thing? Madonna? not a chance! anyone? not even close!

What suprises me the most is its limited release and promotion. If the music was publisised more and the short film was given its deserved air-time, then people would have to stand back and watch in ore of a true genius at work.

How does he move like that?

Author: Sarah Louise Woodhead from United Kingdom
11 December 2005

I love this as its just so cool and so Michael (all wild imagination and amazing dance routines) and brings the joys of childhood and the memories every child had of the haunted house down the road that never was haunted

Michael takes a simple Childhood fantasy adds some magic and brings it to life it's one of those short film where you can imagine you were there with superb special effects and Amazing dance routines.

Michael Jackson fan or not this short film slash music video is the totally cool to get you moving to the beat wonder how do his legs do that? and appreciating the talent MJ really does have as a performer.

Michael still knows how to thrill an audience

Author: G. Pelgröm from Epe, The Netherlands
1 May 2000

Michael Jackson has embraced generations with beautiful short films. Usually they are made to promote a single, but in this case he gives us something else. Sure, in this film there are also songs (which are available on c.d.), but the emphasis is on a funny story and great special effects. This release passed many people by, which is a shame since this thing is really worth watching and shows great promise at Michael's promised new acting jobs.

Thriller of 1997

Author: Brandon Hall from Pennsylvania
27 October 2001

This film is not really a film at all. It's more of a TV show. It deals with a "Freak" living alone in a house that tells kids strange stories and performs strange tricks. The townspeople want him to leave, but he doesn't want to... so he does what all "Freaks" would do... dance. Just like on Thriller. I felt honored to see this, being that it was only released overseas. VH1 and MTV aired it many times during the Halloween season. I taped it... so, I can watch it any time I want. I think that you should check it out if you ever get a chance. Of course, Thriller is better... but this is a close second. A 10/10!!

One of Michael's best

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
28 May 2004

In some way, I think Michael was trying to get another "Thriller", he didn't. But he did come out with a great music video. It worked on a lot of levels. The only creepy thing was Michael's make up, and no make up. And the kids in the video, even more creepy. I was kind of expecting Maculy Culkin to be in it for some reason. Or Liz Tailer. J/K! But I'm letting go. I thought he was wonderful. The video is original. The story is original. And even though this is no "Thriller", it's still excellent. Michael Jackson is the king of pop. No matter what anyone says, he is still the king. He can't be topped in music or videos.

Hmm...Good

Author: Darkknightz_05 from United Kingdom
12 June 2005

If you don't want to know the story, then DO NOT read this! Well...I have to say, I actually like this. A little like 'Thriller' but much better and the special effects are amazing. The music is good, and at some point; you can't help but laugh at Michael's face. This would be a good movie for Halloween, you get the goodness of Zombies, music and a middle-aged pop star grabbing some crotch, I'd put the children to bed first. If you like Michael Jackson then this is your kind of film, if you don't like him then…why are you reading reviews?? So they story…Well people decide they want to get rid of a creepy guy in his haunted house, so the mayor gathers the town folk and they go up there. Eventually the bump into Michael Jackson, the mayor takes an instant disliking to Michael. Everyone is convinced Michael likes scaring people, which he admits to, and of course he scares everyone. He does a little singing, dancing and crotch grabbing and people begin to like him, even thought he turns into a skeleton. Hmm…But there's a twist, with the mayor maybe?? Ehheeee, you'll have to watch the rest.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]